查看原文
其他

暖心!伦敦地铁里的情人节标语,笑着笑着就哭了……

侃英语 2020-08-21

The following article is from 中国日报双语新闻 Author 韩宝仪


2020年的情人节(Valentine's Day)因为新型冠状病毒的存在而变得有些特殊。为了防止疫情蔓延,许多哪怕是生活在同城的情侣,也只能隔空传递爱意。


更不用说那些战斗在抗击疫情一线的“夫妻档”们,他们有些穿上厚厚的防护服,相见难相识。

 


有些人舍小家为大家,只要战斗号角一响起,便毫不犹豫奔赴抗疫最前线。

 

武汉大学人民医院呼吸与危重症医学科医生张旃副教授写下现代版“与夫书”


在疫情面前,少过一个情人节又如何,只要心中有爱,就能携手共渡难关。


而关于“爱是什么”这个永恒的话题,我们整理了地铁界段子手——伦敦交通局的不同解释,希望你能被其中至少一个温暖到,在这个特殊的冬天积蓄爱的能量。



Do not find love, let love find you.

别去刻意寻找爱情,让它自己找到你。


That is why it is called falling in love.

这就是 “坠入爱河”的由来。


Because you do not force yourself to fall, you just fall.

因为你不会强迫自己坠入,而是情不知所起,一往而深。



Anyone can catch your eye, but it takes someone special to catch your heart.

抓住你的眼球是件容易的事,但抓住你的心是那个特殊的人才能做到的事。



Everyone comes with baggage. 

每个人生来都带着行囊。


Find someone who loves you enough to help you unpack.

找一个足够爱你的人帮你打开行囊。


Happy Valentine’s Day.

情人节快乐。



Let us always meet each other with a smile, for a smile is the beginning of love.

让我们在相遇时始终面带微笑,因为微笑是爱情的开始。


 

If you can’t love yourself, how are you going to love somebody else.

欲爱人,先爱己。


除了这些能令人会心一笑的 “每日一句”,伦敦地铁时不时也会调皮,毕竟情人节除了“情人”要过,“单身狗”们也要过!



Warning: High levels of PDA detected at platform level

警告:在平台层面检测到高浓度PDA(Public Display of Affection,秀恩爱)


Due to Valentine’s Day, high levels of PDA are being experienced on London Transport. You can avoid PDA-related nausea by ignoring any public displays of affection and tsking loudly.

由于情人节到来,伦敦交通正在经历高水平的PDA,对于公开场合秀恩爱的行为,你可以通过无视,并大声发出“啧啧啧”来避免PDA带来的不适。



Warning: He still hasn’t deleted Tinder.

警告:他还没删掉手机里的Tinder(Tinder是一款交友软件)。



今年的情人节,推特与伦敦地铁合作,将墙面上原本大幅的广告,替换成了网友们的情人节“金句”。




Spending my Valentine’s outside a nice restaurant shouting “WELL YOU MOVED ON PRETTY QUICKLY” to random couples walking in.

在一家不错的餐厅门口度过情人节,冲着走进来的情侣们大喊“呵你翻篇速度够快的”。




Bro we only live once ok just message her, carpe diem.

老铁,这辈子就活这么一次,就给她发短信吧!活在当下!



My ex has had a really hard time moving on.

我前任真的是很难忘记我。


From what I can tell through his blinds, he is currently eating (something we always did).

从他的百叶窗缝隙中我能看到,他正在吃饭(这是我们之前常做的事情)。


地铁站中的行人来了又去,与这些标语擦肩而过只是瞬间的事,但是伦敦地铁站依旧在每年的这一天悬挂出有关爱的解读,提醒路过的每一个人,你值得爱与被爱





Happy Valentine’s Day to you if you’re on your own.

即便你是一个人,也祝你情人节快乐。

If you feel isolated or lonely, please know you’re not alone;

如果你感到孤立或者孤独,请明白你并不是孤身一人,

If you’re single, secluded or by yourself,

如果你单身、隐居或是一个人,

Don’t ever think that you’ve been left on the shelf.

永远不要以为自己已经被遗忘了。


To all the solo people living foot loose and fancy free,

致所有自由自在无忧无虑的单身人士,

To those given the advice of there being “plenty of fish in the sea”

致所有被劝告“天涯何处无芳草”的人,

To everyone who finds playing the game of love frustrating,

致每一个对爱情游戏感到沮丧的人,

To the finger wiping souls looking for mates by online dating,

致那些在屏幕上滑动手指,渴望在交友软件上找到伴儿的人,


To the separated, the divorced and for those with a broken heart,

致分开的人、离异的人、心碎的人,

To those living by their lonesome or with a special someone an ocean apart,

致寂寞的人、所爱隔山海,山海不可平的人,

To those without a lover, a partner, a husband or a wife,

致没有爱人、没有伴侣、没有丈夫或妻子的人,

To those who seek some moments to share with the future love of their life,

致那些在生活中寻找特殊时刻,只为与未来爱人分享的人,

To all of the people on this earth with a soul mate in heaven above,

致地球上每一个在天堂中有灵魂伴侣的人,

On Valentine’s Day we send each and every one of you our love.

情人节,我们爱你们每一个人。


作者:韩宝仪

编辑:左卓

中国日报欧洲分社出品



授权转载自

"中国日报双语新闻"


欢迎转发朋友圈

一起追热点、学英文!



    您可能也对以下帖子感兴趣

    文章有问题?点此查看未经处理的缓存