查看原文
其他

本年度最扎心英文演说:你的一生只有9年。

侃哥整理 侃英语 2020-08-21

侃哥的第 1271 次分享

编辑 | 谢侃(侃哥)
个人微信 | kanyingyu666
未经授权 不得转载


去年12月疫情开始到现在,已经过去半年了。


年初信誓旦旦许下的愿望,你完成了多少?这几个月时间,你都做了哪些有意义的事情?


就像赵本山小品里所说的:眼睛一闭一睁,一天过去了;晴晴一闭不睁,一辈子过去了。


现在很多年轻人把奋斗留给以后,现在已经开始“享受”人生,因他们总觉得自己的时间还有很多。


今天给大家推荐的视频可能会刷新你的世界观,角度十分清奇:


假如你的一生被一项一项统计出来,会怎样?


按照平均年龄来计算:

睡觉的时间:28年

追剧刷社交媒体的时间:9年

吃吃喝喝:4年

坐车上下班的时间:2.5年


结论:留给自己的时间也只有短短9年!


所以,花几分钟看完这个视频,然后放下手机,去做一些有价值的事情吧!



演讲文本及翻译


When asked “what’s the biggest mistake we make in life?”

 

当被问及:人生最大的错误是什么?

 

The Buddha replied, “The biggest mistake is you think you have time.”

 

佛祖回答:最大的错误就是你认为你有时间。

 

Time is free but it’s priceless. You can’t own it, but you can use it.

 

时间是免费的但也是无价的。你不能拥有它,但你能够使用它

 

You can’t keep it, but you can spend it. And once it’s lost you can never get it back.

 

你不能储存它,但你能花费。它一旦它消失了,你就再也拿不回来

 

The average person lives for 78 years. We spend 28.3 years of our life sleeping. That’s almost a third of our life but 30% of us struggle to sleep well.

 

人的一生平均有78年,我们花28.3年在睡觉上。差不多花了我们三分之一的时间,但同时有30%的人在为睡个好觉而斗争。

 

We spend 10.5 years of our life working but over 50% of us want to leave our current jobs. Time is more valuable than money.

 

我们花10.5年去工作,但超过50%的人想离开现在的岗位。时间比金钱更有价值。

 

You can get more money, but you can never get more time. We spend 9 years on T.V. and social media. We spend 6 years doing chores. We spend 4 years eating and drinking. We spend 3.5 years in education.

 

你可以赚更多的钱,但却不能赚到更多的时间。我们在电视和社交媒体上花费了9年的时间;花6年的时间在家务上;4年的时间花在吃吃喝喝上;累计消费3.5年在教育上。

 

We spend 2.5 years grooming. We spend 2.5 years shopping. We spend 1.5 years in child care. We spend 1.3 years commuting.

 

2.5年花费在打扮上;2.5年花费在购物上;1.5年的时间花费在呵护孩子;1.3年的时间花费在通勤上。

 

That leaves us with 9 years. How will we spend that time?

 

剩下留给我们的只有9年的时间。我们将如何消费这些时间呢?

 

Steve Jobs said, “your time is limited so don’t waste it living someone else’s life.”

 

乔布斯说:生命有限,别将它浪费在重复他人的生活上。

 

So there’s good news and there’s bad news. That bad news is time flies, the good news is you’re the pilot.

 

所以这有好消息也有坏消息。坏消息是时光飞逝,好消息是你是领航者。

 

Imagine you wake up every day with $86400 in your bank account, and at the end of the night, it’s all gone whether you spend it or not. And then the next day you get another $86400.

 

想象一下你每天醒来银行账户中有86400美元,一天结束后不管你是否消费它们,它们都会消失,第二天你的账户又会拥有86400美元。

 

What would we do with it?

 

我们将会用它做什么呢?

 

Everyday 86400 seconds are deposited into your life account. At the end of the day, once they’re all used up, you get a new 86400 seconds.

 

每天86400秒都会存入你的生命账户,一天结束后,第二天你将拥有新的86400秒。

 

We would never waste it if it was money, so why do we waste it when it comes to time?

 

如果是钱我们绝不会浪费,那为什么我们要浪费时间呢?

 

Those seconds are so much more powerful than dollars because you can always make more dollars, you can’t always make more time.

 

时间比金钱的力量更大,因为你能赚更多的钱却赚不了更多的时间

 

To realize the value of 1 year, ask a student who failed a grade. To realize the value of 1 month, ask a mother who lost their child in the final month. To realize the value of 1 week, ask the editor of an online magazine. To realize the value of 1 hour, ask the couple who is in a long-distance relationship. To realize the value of 1 minute, ask the person who just missed a bus, train or plane. To realize the value of 1 second, ask the person who just missed an accident. To realize the value of a millisecond, ask the person who just came 2nd at the Olympics.

 

想知道一年的价值,去问问考试失败的学生。想知道一个月的价值,去问问在分娩前一个月失去孩子的母亲。想知道一周的价值,去问问在线杂志的编辑们。想知道一小时的价值,去问问异地恋的情侣们。想知道一分钟的价值,去问问刚刚错过巴士、火车或飞机的人想知道一秒钟的价值,去问问刚刚幸免遇难的人。想知道一毫秒的价值,去问问与奥运冠军失之交臂的运动员

 

We think that’s people wasting our time but it’s really us giving them the permission to do that.

 

我们认为是别人在浪费我们的时间,其实是我们准许他们这样做。

 

And in reality, these 2 people live inside us. Don’t let someone be a priority when all you are to them is an option. Some of us lose the people most important to us because we don’t value their time. Some of us don’t recognize how important someone is to us until they’re gone.

 

现实是,我们体内有两个人。当你对别人而言只是选项时,别将他们排在前面。我们失去了很多重要的人,因为我们没有珍惜他们。有时直到失去了才懂得他们有多重要。

 

Inside all of us are 2 voices.

 

我们的内心有两种声音

 

1 voice that wants to uplift.

 

一种声音鼓励我们上进

 

1 voice that wants us to expand.

 

鼓励我们丰富自己

 

1 voice that wants us to grow.

 

鼓励我们不断成长

 

And there’s another voice.

 

还存在着另一种声音

 

The voice that holds us back.

 

这种声音令我们退步

 

The voice that makes us lazy.

 

让我们变得懒惰

 

The voice that makes us complacent.

 

让我们骄傲自满

 

The voice that restricts us from our potential.

 

限制了我们的潜能

 

Every day from the moment we wake up until the moment we go to sleep, inside of us there’s this battle between the 2 voices.

 

每天从醒来到入睡,这两种声音一直在斗争

 

And guess which one wins?

 

猜猜谁赢了?

 

The one that we listen to the most

 

我们听得最多的那个声音赢了

 

The one that we feed

 

我们滋养的那个声音

 

The one that we amplify

 

我们加强的那个声音

 

It is our choice of how we use our time

 

我们如何使用时间,是我们的选择

 

Life and time are the best two teachers

 

生活和时间是最好的两位老师

 

Life teaches us to make good use of time

 

生活教会我们更好地使用时间

 

And time teaches us the value of life

 

时间教会我们生活的价值

 

And as William Shakespeare said,

 

就如莎士比亚说的一样

 

“Time is very slow for those who wait, very fast for those who are scared, very long for those who are sad, and very short for those who celebrate, but for those who love, time is eternal.”

 

对等待的人来说,时间很慢;对害怕它的人来说,时间很快;对悲观的人来说,时间很漫长;对充满欢愉的人来说,时间很短暂;但对于爱它的人来说,时间即是永恒。



人这一生最大的错误是什么?认为自己有大把的时间


李宗盛曾抱着吉他哽咽地唱着:


当你发现时间是贼了,

它早已偷光你的选择。


转眼,2020只剩一半,请大家在剩余的半年:


那些说不出口的爱,这次好好说

那些欠自己的旅行,总要还给自己

那些没有做的事,立刻就去做

那些别说来不及,别等待


共勉!



福利



点击
阅读原文
,加入我的英语学习群
Modified on

    您可能也对以下帖子感兴趣

    文章有问题?点此查看未经处理的缓存