查看原文
其他

叮咚!您的留学offer寄到了

2018-03-11 CD君 CHINADAILY

CHINADAILYClick to follow us


Everybody knows studying overseas is wonderful, right? It's the perfect opportunity to experience foreign cultures, education systems and food, what could be bad about that? 


在大多数人的印象中,留学生活应该是美好,充满乐趣的:能学习到国外多元的文化,能接触到先进的高等教育,能看到在国内看不到的东西,还能品尝到各国地道的美食,难道不是幸福的日子吗?




Well, overseas study can be tough, or at least not as easy as you'd imagined. Sometimes you have to put up with some unpleasantness 

known only to yourself


但事实上,留学是条艰辛路,留学生生活远没有想象中的那么美好,有些苦,永远都只有自己懂。



Here are some of the differences you might find between living in China, studying overseas and coming back home again. 


Sleep


Living at home: Chat with friends online until 11pm then go to bed.


留学前:晚上11点结束和朋友的聊天以后睡觉



Studying overseas: Fall asleep at 2am while still doing homework.


留学时:写作业到凌晨2点困到睡着



After you return: Stay up late almost every night to make the most of the precious time you have with your friends.


回国后:夜夜不睡,怕浪费宝贵的和大家相处的时间



Eat


留学前:喜欢吃麦当劳、肯德基、牛排所有一切洋玩意儿


Living at home: Visit McDonald's, KFC and other Western-style restaurants frequently. Be willing to try any Western food.



留学时:喜欢吃大米饭、凉菜、水煮鱼 、然而都不是家乡的那个味儿


Studying overseas: Try all the dishes on offer at Chinese restaurants, but struggle to find anything that really tastes like home.



回国后:就喜欢吃妈妈做的


After you return: Only want to eat your mom's food.


Style



Living at home: Always pay lots of attention to your hair style.


留学前:精心打理自己的头发


Studying abroad: Seldom go to a hair salon because of the high price.


留学时:不知道啥时候,反正已经很久没理发了


After you return: Try almost every kind of style because they are affordable again.


回国后:先来个染再来个烫动不动整个大波浪,短的接,长的剪,再折腾也贵不出国外一个小平头



Communication


Living at home: Feel free to ask your classmates any questions you might have.

留学前:不会就问同学,各种沟通无障碍


Studying abroad: Language barrier is a problem. Local students tend to think Chinese students keep to themselves when they communicate with each other in Chinese. 


留学时:语言是问题,用中文讨论还被外国人吐槽是抱团


After you return: Feels so good to be surrounded by people who share the same mother tongue.


回国后:能时时刻刻母语的感觉真好



Socialize


Living at home: WeChat


留学前:微信



Studying overseas: Facebook


留学时:FACEBOOK



After you return: Anything you can find.


回国后:只要在电脑上能找到的我全用



Family


Living at home: Never agree with your parents.


留学前:总跟爸妈对着干


Studying overseas: Always want to say "I love you", "thank you" and" sorry" to them.


留学时:天天想跟爸妈说“对不起”,“谢谢你”,“我爱你”


After you return: Still cannot tell them your feelings.


回国后:还是说不出口



Hardship


Living at home: Always complain to your parents.


留学前:跟父母埋怨重重困难



Studying overseas: Only tell them the good news.


留学时:跟父母强撑万事如意



After you return: Can't wait to say "I love you, mom and dad!" 


回国后:爸妈,我爱你!



Friends


Living at home: Content to hang around with friends whenever you see them.


留学前:街上见到朋友都兴奋地打闹一番



Studying abroad: Only say "hey", "how are you" and "what's up" to everyone.


留学时:见谁都只说 "hey", "how are you", "what's up" 


After you return: Tears in your eyes at the prospect of hugging your old friends again.


回国后:见到老朋友只想含泪拥抱



Relationships


  Girls


Living at home: Prefer a handsome boyfriend.


留学前:想找个英俊潇洒的


Studying overseas: Prefer a guy with money and cars.


留学时:想找个有钱有车的

 

After you return: Prefer someone who loves you for you.


回国后:只要真心对你就行



                                                                                         Boys 

                  

Living at home: Prefer a beautiful girlfriend. 


留学前:想找个貌美如花的


Studying overseas: Prefer a thoughtful one.


留学时:想找个温柔体贴的


After you return: Nothing matters as long as she can cook.


回国后:能做饭就行



Home



Living at home: Always stay with friends instead of going back home during vacation from college. 


留学前:四年没回家过年,年年狐朋狗友,夜夜笙歌


Studying abroad: Skip class for two weeks to go back to China for the Spring Festival reunion. 


留学时:旷课两个星期就为了能在家过一个年



After you return: Cannot go back home again because of work.


回国后:然而今年过年还是不能回家 



Source: haiwainet.cn

Editor: Zhang Xi

Translator: Lin Yuting (intern)


You may also like

节后工作堆成山,只想送自己一首《凉凉》?不如先想想这几个问题




这组漫画高能了!中国姑娘让你秒懂中西方文化差异


Click the QR code to follow us

Read English News every day!

长按二维码关注我们

您可能也对以下帖子感兴趣

文章有问题?点此查看未经处理的缓存