查看原文
其他

【视频&双语】Netflix纪录片:《流行病 - 甩不掉的威胁》

2020年1月22日,Netflix上线了一部六集纪录片《流行病:如何防止疫情爆发》(Pandemic: How to Prevent an Outbreak)。


该片提出的问题是:下一场大型流行病会在何时爆发?我们又该如何预防和应对?


全剧主要从医护人员和研究者、疫苗开发者的角度出发,将美国、印度、越南和我国等多地面对埃博拉、禽流感、非典、猪流感、冠状病毒等流行疫情的不同情况和启示呈现出来。


第一集:甩不掉的威胁 It Hunts Us

第二集:当务之急 Pandemic is Now

第三集:以攻为守 Seek, Don't Hide

第四集:扎根社区 Hold On to Your Roots

第五集:信仰之力 Prayers Might Work

第六集:永不止步 Don't Stop Now


希望观看全6集的同学,可在公众号后台回复“流行病”获取链接,现在放上第一集的视频及前半部分的双语字幕共大家学习


[第 1 季.Ep1] 流行病 - 甩不掉的威胁
 
步行的话 我们就设成低档
To walk, I think we'll go on low setting.

可能两边都要检测 但是…
We may end up surveying both, but...

‎是啊
Yeah.

‎这个现场已经被遗忘了
This site is a forgotten place.

‎但这对我们所有人都是个警告
But it should be a warning to us all.

‎我们识别出异常并标记出来
We'll identify the anomalies and mark those out.

‎你是想缩小雷达脉冲的焦点吗?
So you're trying to narrow the focus of the radar pulse, is that it?

嗯 我们在检测土壤的密度变化
Yeah, we're looking for a change in the density of the soil.

‎发现了一些异常情况
There are some anomalies sort ofpopping up.

‎这里讯号很强 那里也有
This is a pretty strong one here, there's one there.

‎从一米处开始 三米处消失
At one meter in and then over at three.

‎每根桩子都代表一具潜在的尸体
Each stake represents aprobable body.

‎这里实际上是个乱葬冈
This is essentially a mass grave.

‎一百年前 一种致命的流感病毒
A hundred years ago, a deadly influenza virus

‎席卷全世界 感染了上亿人
infected hundreds of millions of people around the world.

‎医院人满为患
It overwhelmed hospitals.

‎连停尸房都爆满
It overwhelmed mortuaries.

全世界的城镇 ‎都需要一种快速解决方案
So towns all over the world needed a quick solution.

无论你是在美国 或者肯尼亚
We could be standing in any number of towns

印度 越南的任何城镇都一样
across the US, or Kenya, India, Vietnam.

‎这块墓地提醒着我们
This grave site is a reminder of the devastation

‎流感流行能带来多大破坏
a flu pandemic can wreak.

‎这种大屠杀不会被载入史册
This kind of carnage is not relegated to history.

‎当提及下一次流感流行时
When we talk about another flupandemic happening,

‎问题不在于是否会发生 ‎而是何时发生
it's not a matter of if, but when.

‎-带上听诊器 还有…  ‎-嗯 确保防护服都盖住了-
Take the stethoscope, and... - Yes, ensure that the gown covers.
我们接到报告说 ‎呼吸系统疾病疫情大爆发
We have received reports of an outbreak of respiratory illness.

‎确保你防护好了
Make sure you have a good seal.

好了就给我竖大拇指
Give me a thumbs up once you know you have a good seal.

‎全球还有其他八个国家
About eight other countries around the world

‎也报告称出现了类似疫情爆发
are also reporting similar outbreaks.

‎我喘不过气了
I can't breathe.

‎非官方的病例统计是220例 ‎其中8例死亡
Unofficial case count is about over 220 with eight deaths.

‎我们不知道诊断标准是什么
We don't know what the case definition looks like

‎也不知道这次疫情的实验室分析结果
and we don't know the laboratory analysis of this particular outbreak.

‎我们只知道面对的是新东西
We know that we are dealing with something novel,

‎但却不知道到底是什么
we just don't know exactly what we're dealing with,

‎但有一些病人并未检出
but some of the patients are not testing positive

‎普通季节性流感病毒
for these normal seasonal fluviruses.

‎我感觉不舒服
I don't feel okay.

‎目前金斯县医院的急诊科
Currently, the Emergency Department at Kings County Hospital

‎正在104%超负荷运行
is operating at 104%

‎所以我们设置了一个移动卫星急诊科
and so we have set up a mobile satellite emergency department.

‎什么情况
What's going on?

‎-我不舒服 没法呼吸了  ‎-好的 好的- 
I'm not doing well. I can't breathe. - Okay. Okay.

‎我需要插管设备 这里没有
I need intubation equipment. There's no intubation equipment.

‎谁去拿点冰 阿什丽
Somebody get the ice. Ashley.

‎我不会现在关掉 我们没时间
I wouldn't turn it off at this point, I don't think we have time.

‎你能看看一床的X光吗
Can you check the X-ray on bed one?

‎好了 结束
Yeah, that's it.

‎模拟结束
The simulation is ended.

‎我们回简报室吧
Let's go back to the debriefing room.

‎-谢谢  ‎-谢谢- 
Thank you. - Thank you.

‎所有的参加人员请过来围个圈
So all who participated, please come to make a circle.

我们要在模拟中尽量注意
I think one of the things that we tried to bake into the simulation

医务人员的安全问题
was just healthcare worker safety.

这也是从之前的疫情中‎获得的最大的教训之一
I think that was one of the biggest take aways in the previous outbreaks.

‎如果在我正需要换上防护服时
If I have to take the time out to switch my gown

‎有人急需插管
and someone needs to be intubated,

‎我会选择先救他们的命 ‎而不是先换衣服
I'm gonna pick their life over switching out my garment.

‎我们说的可是严重的呼吸道疾病
We're talking about a severe respiratory disease.

很重大的教训 我们也一直在提
Really big lesson learned, and we mentioned this over and over,

在中东呼吸综合征和非典疫情时
is that healthcare workers were disproportionally affected

‎医务人员的感染率异常高
in MERS and SARS,
这就告诉我们哪里需要改善
and it shows us where we need to improve on.

‎如果你没保护好 连自己都没保护好
So if you're not protected, if you can't protect yourself,

‎你还怎么去帮其他人
then how are you gonna help others?

‎我的工作就是在纽约控制病毒
My job is to contain the virus here in New York City.

‎让我担心的是引发疫情只需要一个人
What worries me is that it just takes one person to start an outbreak.

‎我们基本上就是人形培养箱
We're basically human incubators,

‎我们可以承载多种疾病
we can host a number of different diseases.

‎下一次疾病流行只会是时间问题
It's just a matter of time where the next pandemic is going to start,

‎我们不知道会在哪里 如何发生 ‎但肯定会发生
we just don'tknow where or how, but we know it will.

‎我记得很小的时候 ‎看过一部叫做"极度恐慌"的电影
I remember, at a very young age, watching a movie called Outbreak,

‎在这部电影里出现了一种新型病毒
and in this movie you hada novel virus

‎在加州开始迅速传播
that started in California that quickly spread.

‎医务人员披挂上阵 ‎我心想 "老天啊
Healthcare workers get suited up, and I was like, "Oh, my God,

‎在这种高风险环境中工作真是太棒了"
working in that high-risk environment, this is amazing."

那时我下定了决心 ‎在那之后 我就一直
That was a formative moment forme, and I have been pursuing a career

投入传染病预防事业中
in infectious disease preparedness ever since.

‎哪怕是小疫情 也会遇到"囤积"情况
In even a small outbreak, you have what we call "hoarding."

‎我们在H1N1疫情中遇到过
We saw this in the H1N1 outbreak

‎美国无法及时获得疫苗
where vaccines were not madeavailable in the United States
因为其他国家在囤货...
in a timely fashion because countries were hoarding it...

‎这些传染病疫情
You know, these infectious disease outbreaks

‎比传统战争更恐怖和致命
are scarier and more deadly than conventional warfare.

‎这是大家应该要注意的事情
So this is something that people should pay attention to,

‎但在日常生活中却经常被忘记
but they forget in their day-to-day lives.

‎我的工作就是提醒他们
My job is to remind them.

‎喂
Hello.

‎好的 昏迷了 好的
Okay. Knocked out, okay.

‎好的 我马上就来 好
Okay, I'll be there in asecond. Okay.

‎是的 我也听见了
Yeah, I can hear it, too.

‎我在这房子里醒来 ‎也在这里吃饭
I wake up in this building. I eatin this building.

‎在这里穿上睡衣 ‎也在这里睡觉
I put my pajamas on in this building and I sleep in this building.

‎我怎么知道你能让我今晚很开心
How did I know you'd be the one to make my night?

‎我告诉你
I'm telling you.

‎胡安妮塔
Juanita.

‎我从医学院毕业时...
When I came out of medical school...

我脑海里还幻想着
in the back of my mind I still had that vision

‎做小镇医生是什么样子
of what it was to be as mall-town doctor.

‎非常老派的 镇上唯一的医生
Very old-school, the one doctor in town.

‎我要你屏住呼吸
I want you to hold your breath.
深呼吸 然后屏住
Big deep breath in and hold it.

‎他们既在诊所里看病人
They saw patients in the clinic,

也‎在急诊室轮班
they were the ones that were rotating through the ER.

‎在医院里看病人和接生的
They were the ones seeing the patients in the hospital

‎也是他们
and delivering babies.

‎我想成为这个人
I wanted to be that guy.

‎我想成为
I wanted to be that one

‎在病人健康时和生病时
who took care of the patient when they were well

‎都在照看他们的人
and took care of the patient when they were sick.

‎伸出来 说"啊"
Stickit out and say, "Ah."
在病人受伤时依然在照看他们
And took care of the patient when they were hurt

‎在医院或诊所之外的不同社交场合
and ran into the patientin different social situations

‎也会碰见病人
outside of the hospital or clinic.

‎你还好吗
You okay?

‎-我要看看这下面的情况  ‎-好- 
I need to see what's under there. - Yeah.

‎我和其他内科医生谈过
I had other physicians that talked to me

‎我说"你们对我有啥建议"
and I'd say, "What advice do you have for me?"

‎他们说"再考虑一下吧"
And they'd say, "Reconsider."

‎没人劝得住我 我义无反顾
But nobody could dissuade me. I was gonna do it regardless.

‎你好啊
Hi, there.

‎-你们被诊断出得了流感  ‎-是的- 
So were you diagnosed with the flu? - Yeah.

‎他们取了样
They swabbed you?

-结果是阳性  ‎-是的- 
It was positive? - Yes.

‎-你记得是甲型还是乙型吗  ‎-应该是甲型- 
Do you remember if it was the A or the B? - I think it was the A.

‎-甲型 好的  ‎-他们给我俩的鼻子都取了样- 
A, okay. - They did both of our noses.

‎-那是在周三  ‎-你应该快好了- 
That was Wednesday. - You should be at the end of it,

‎但你并没有感觉好转...
but you're not feeling better...

‎昨天我的症状还加重了
Yesterday, my symptoms started getting worse.

‎好的 你有感觉出汗和发冷吗
Okay. Have you been feeling sweats, chills?

‎发冷 他醒来时发现出了一身汗
Chills. He wakes up in a sweat.

‎她说你完全没有感觉好转
She said that you have notbeen feeling well at all.

流感本该好了 但却没有
That you really haven't been getting over the flu like you ought to.

‎大大的深呼吸 很好 很好 再来一次
Big deep breath in. Well done. Good. Do that again.

‎我没有大医院那样的资源
I don't have every resource that a large hospital has.

‎我真不知道遇到流行病这样的情况 ‎我该怎么办
I honestly have no idea what I would do in a situation like a pandemic.

‎我们在获得资源补给方面
We're gonna be lower on the totempole

‎优先级更低
in terms of getting replenishment of our resources.

‎人口更稠密的地方
Places that have higher populations
会优先获得救命药
are gonna be the places that get that life saving medication first.

‎我觉得我们会不知所措
I think that we would be overwhelmed.

‎如果我们这个小县城里
We wouldn't be able to manage

流感爆发 我们应对不了
should a flu pandemic occur in our little county.
我们必须追踪病毒 ‎病毒到底在哪里
We have to follow the virus. Where is the virus located?
很好
Very good.

‎病毒就在禽类身上
And the virus is located in birds.

‎因为工作原因 我走遍了世界
My job takes me all over the world.
我的主要责任就是试着预防和侦测
My main responsibility is trying to prevent, trying to detect,

以及应对和控制‎新兴病毒威胁
and respond, and control emerging viral threats.

目前肆虐全球的流感病毒中
There is no single, more dangerous influenza virus

中国的禽流感病毒最危险
circulating in this planet today than the avian flu in China right now.

六成感染者都死亡了
60% of the people who are infected die.

‎中国和全球卫生主管部门
Chinese and global health authorities

‎正在观测一种新型禽流感毒株 ‎H7N9
are watching anew strain of bird flu. It's called H7N9.

‎这肯定是到目前为止我们见过的
This is definitely one of the most lethal influenza viruses

‎最致命的流感病毒
that we have seen so far.

‎中国当局尽力表示
Authorities in China

‎他们已经控制住了这场潜在疫情
are at pains to say they're on top of this potential outbreak.

‎至少有108例病例 ‎有22名感染者死亡
At least 108 cases, 22 of those people infected died.

‎最近的H7N9病毒有很高的致死率
The recent H7N9 virus has a very high mortality rate.

‎尽管如此 这种病毒依然无法有效感染人类
That said, it remains an inefficient virus for infecting people.

目前为止 这种病毒还没有扩散出中国
So far, this virus has not yet spread beyond China,

‎但这随时可能发生
but it could happen at any time.

‎-这些禽类上次接种是什么时候  ‎-七天前- 
When were these birds last vaccinated? - Seven days ago.

‎所以邻近农场出现疫情会有影响
So they had a problem with neighboring farms having outbreaks?

‎是的 没错
Yes, they did.
有些人在市场买了病鸡
Some people bought sick chickens at the market.

‎流感病毒的变种几乎无穷无尽
There are almost endless variations of the influenza virus.

‎它们都用H和N的不同组合来命名‎例如H5N1
They're denoted by different combinations of H's and N's, such as H5N1.

‎H和N最终定义了
The H's and N's ultimately define

‎流感病毒的物理特征
the physical characteristics an influenza virus will have

‎以及感染会有多么致命
and just how deadly that infection might be.

‎流行性流感和季节性流感截然不同
The pandemic flus and these asonal flus are profoundly different.

‎流行性流感病毒很可能来自于动物
A pandemic influenza will likely come from an animal
而且会是全新的前所未见的病毒
and it will be a new and novel, never-seen-before virus.
当动物带来了新型病毒 ‎我们对其没有天然的免疫力
When a novel virus emerges from animals, we will not have natural immunity.

‎我们的人体无法抵挡感染
Our systems will have no means to fight the infection off,
于是这种感染就可能变得很致命
which means it has the potential for being very deadly.

‎因此在全世界都有研究者
That's why there are researchers around the world、

‎在致力于开发能够有效对抗
committed to developing auniversal vaccine
任何及所有流感病毒的通用疫苗
that will be effective against any and all influenza viruses.

‎我已经不再怯场了
I don't really get stage fright anymore.

‎以前我每次知道自己就要上台时
I used to do this thing where if I knew I was about to go on the stage,

‎我的心跳就会加速 感觉快要晕倒
my heart would start beating and I'd feel like I was gonna pass out,

‎但我知道为了我想要做的工作
but I knew for the work that I wanted to do,

‎我必须进行有效沟通
I had to be an effective communicator.

‎如果不能好好表达自己所从事的科学研究
If I wasn't able to communicate my science,

‎那这项科学研究就形同虚设
then it was almost like the science didn't exist.

‎你能把幻灯片放出来吗
Can you get the slides up?
那张不一样
That's a different slide there.

‎好了 下午好 纽约
All right, good afternoon, NewYork.

‎我是分布式生物的共同创始人
So, yeah, I'm the co-founder, Chief Science Officer,

‎首席科学官兼董事长
and the Chairman of Distributed Bio,

‎今天下午 我将会和你们分享
and this afternoon I'm gonna share with you
生物治疗发现领域中‎缓慢发展的革命
the story of a slow-burning revolution in biologic the rapeutic discovery.

‎我从来不去记演讲的详细内容
I never memorize a specific speech.

‎我会想好要讲的‎故事的梗概
I think about the arc of the story I'm gonna tell,

把说故事的技巧应用在科学上
and really good story telling,those rules apply to science.

‎基本上和我们的祖先
It's basically the same rules
在营火边讲故事的套路是一样的
that our ancestors did around the camp fire, right?

‎首先你要介绍恐怖的恶魔
First you have to introduce the terrible monster.

‎在这里 就是流感
In this case, it's influenza.

‎问题在于病毒变异得太快
The problem is that the virus mutates so quickly
你的免疫应答到明年就过时了
that your immune response becomes obsolete by the next year.

‎我们已经制造出‎一些杰出的疫苗技术
We have created these amazing vaccine technologies

‎可以被认为是自从卫生设备与火以来 ‎最伟大的发明
that are arguably the greatest advances since sanitation and fire,

‎但对于快速变异的病毒并没有效果
and yet they don't work on rapidly mutating viruses,

‎例如流感病毒
like the flu, for instance.
曾经有段时间 ‎我们觉得也就只能这样了
And for a while we thought we were just stuck with this.

‎没有办法真正解决这个问题
They're never really gonna be able to solve the problem

‎只需接种一次
of having a good single shot

‎就能一劳永逸解决流感问题
that's gonna solve our risk of being exposed to flu.

‎然后你再讲出英雄
Then you present the hero.
现在有一些新技术
That there's some new technology that exists,
可能会有所突破
that could potentially create a break through.

‎我们正在制造一种能够应对未来所有流感的疫苗
We're making avaccine that could treat all future versions of flu.

‎从根本上来说 我们的方法不一样
So, fundamentally, our approach was different,
因为我们测试过‎对抗未来和过去的毒株
because we tested against future and past strains.

‎在某些情况下
Under some circumstances,

‎有些人会制造出很不错的抗体
some people end up producing these nice antibodies

‎能够攻击全部或是多种流感毒株
that hit all the strains or many of the strains of flu,

‎他们能够享有广谱保护
and they enjoy broad protection.

‎你可能就有这种朋友 对吧
You all might have those friends, right?

‎就是你烦人的嬉皮好友一直在说
It's that annoying hippie friend of yours who's like,

‎"我没打过流感疫苗也没事"对吧"
I never take the flu shot and I'm fine."Right?

‎其他一些人或许是对的
Some of them may be right.

‎但我们为什么不能每时每刻都受到保护呢
But why the hell aren't we all protected all the time?

‎我们的方法能够消灭
Our approach was able to neutralize viruses

‎1934年以来的所有病毒
all the way back to 1934

‎同时也能对抗未来的病毒变种
as well as protect against future viral variants.

‎2014年秋天 我遇到了杰克·格兰维尔
I met Jake Glanville in the fall of 2014.

‎他给了我一份工作
He offered me a job.

‎他知道如果他想要启动疫苗项目
He knew that I had skills that he would need

‎就需要我具备的技能
if he wanted to launch this vaccine program.

‎好的 所以我可以给这个加入抗体了
Okay, so I can add the antibody to this one, then?

‎是的Yep.

‎杰克跳出了固有的思维模式
Jake just thinks outside the box.

‎他想出了这些不同寻常的疯狂主意
He thinks of these crazy ideas that are completely out of the norm.

‎好的 NHS和EHC都加入了开始计时
Okay, the NHS and EHC are added, so clock's ticking now.

‎我们已经完成了多次动物研究 ‎我们知道这是可重现的
We've done multiple animal studies so we know that this is reproducible.

‎我们看到的结果是真实的
What we're seeing is real.

‎我想证明我的研究和杰克的研究
I want to prove that my research and Jake's research

‎可以改变世界
could change the world.

‎我们知道这种疫苗可以根除流感
This vaccine could eradicate influenza as we know it.

‎这完全没用
This will not work at all.

‎先生 这应该是H1N1
Sir, this one is expected H1N1.

‎这么快
So fast?

‎今年在印度 猪流感或是说H1N1病例数量
There has been an alarming rise in the swine flu

出现令人震惊地增长
or H1N1 cases in India this year.

‎随着死亡人数逐日增加 ‎情况也变得相当严重
The situation is turning rather serious with the fatalities increasing by the day.

‎印度北部的拉贾斯坦邦 ‎遭遇了最严重的H1N1病毒袭击
The North Indian State of Rajasthan has been worst hit by the H1N1 virus.

‎-阴性 是阴性  ‎-但是 听我说- 
Negative. It's negative. - But, look.

‎阴影还是在
The shadow is still here.

‎这里还有亮一些的
And there are some light ones here.

看看不吸氧你是什么感觉
Let us see how you feel without oxygen.

‎继续用达菲吗
Should we continue with Tamiflu?

‎今天已经是第六天了 对吧  ‎再试一天吧
It's day six today, right? Give it for one more day.

‎达菲 七天后停药
Tamiflu, stop after seven days.

‎明天就停用
We will stop it tomorrow.

‎猪流感发病非常迅速
Swine flu is a very rapidly progressing disease. Very rapidly.

‎只需要几天就能影响两侧肺部
In just a few days, it can affect both of the lungs,

‎能够威胁生命
and it is a life-threatening disease.

普通流感
Common flu.

‎病人的症状是喉咙痛 打喷嚏 ‎发烧和身体疼痛
All patients came with throat pain, sneezing, fever, body ache.

‎但如果症状是恶心呕吐 ‎还伴随呼吸急促
But a patient who has nausea, vomiting, along with breathlessness,

‎还有"烦人的咳嗽
"and he says "trouble some cough,"

‎十有八九就是得了"猪流感
"always think "swine flu."

‎十有八九就是这种情况
Always think swine flu.

‎正常呼吸
Breathe normally.

‎如果在早期阶段未能正确诊断
If it's not diagnosed properly at an early stage,

‎就会很难治疗
it is difficult to treat.

‎问题在于 她来的时候 
‎The problem is, when she came here,

饱和度已经是60%-70%了
she had 60%-70% saturation.

‎如果她上路 她会死
If she had been on the road, she would've died.

‎这就是事实
That is the fact.

‎我们会转进重症监护室 ‎然后开始治疗
We will shift to the ICU. Then treatment will start.

‎来得越晚 呼吸就越困难
The later they come, the more laborious it gets to breathe,

‎就会变得生死攸关
and it becomes a matter of life or death.

‎面对流感时的最大挑战
Biggest challenge with flu

‎就是不要误以为
is not being lulled into acceptance of seasonal flu

只是季节性流感
as all we have to worry about.

‎因为每隔一段时间 ‎就会出现能够威胁到
Because every once in a while, there is a variant of flu that emerges

‎人类物种生存的新流感变种
that poses an existential threat to us as a species.



推荐阅读↓↓↓
1.【双语】新型冠状病毒与非典、MERS、埃博拉、流感相比,哪个更危险?
2. 【双语】《魔戒》作者托尔金之子逝世:精灵、魔戒与中土神话的落幕
3.【双语】关于新型冠状病毒,你需要知道的预防措施
4. 【双语】濒临灭绝的不仅是物种,还有这些独特的“气味”......
5. 【双语】大火烧了四个月,澳大利亚为什么还扑不灭?
6.【视频&双语】世界卫生组织将新冠病毒列为“国际关注的突发公共卫生事件”

【【甲申同文第9期笔译核心课程】】

【【第2期外刊阅读与写作】】



甲申同文翻译TIIT


连续12届(2008-2019)
博鳌亚洲论坛口译服务提供商


2011“中欧交流年”独家翻译服务提供机构


2010上海世博会翻译服务提供商


2009世界轮滑锦标赛唯一翻译服务提供商

-End-

    您可能也对以下帖子感兴趣

    文章有问题?点此查看未经处理的缓存