查看原文
其他

视频 | Nature Is Speaking系列选(1-2)

英语教学 2021-09-19



1 Mother Nature 大自然



Some call me nature.

有人称我为大自然。

Others call me “Mother Nature.”

也有人叫我“大自然母亲”。

I've been here for over 4.5 billion years.

我在这里已经超过45亿年。

22,500 times longer than you.

是你们人类存在时间的22500倍。

I don't really need people. But people need me.

我真的不需要人类。但人类需要我。

Yes, your future depends on me.

是的,你的未来取决于我。

When I thrive, you thrive. When I falter, you falter. Or worse.

如果我繁盛,你们也将繁盛。如果我衰败,你们也会衰败或者更糟。

But I've been here for eons.

但我已经永世存在于此。

I have fed species greater than you. And I have starved species greater than you.

我养育过比你们强大得多的物种。我也曾让比你们强大得多的物种因饥饿而亡。

My oceans. My soil. My flowing streams. My forests.

我的海洋。我的土壤。我的河流。我的森林。

They all can take you or leave you.

它们都可以左右人类的存在。

How you choose to live each day, whether you regard or disregard me, doesn't really matter to me.

你们如何选择每天的生活,是否在意我还是无视我,我都不在乎。

One way or the other. Your actions will determine your fate. Not mine.

不管怎样,你们的行为决定了你们的命运,不是我的。

I am nature. I will go on. I am prepared to evolve.

我是自然。我会继续下去。我随时准备进化。

Are you?

而你们呢? 



2 The Ocean 海洋 



I am the ocean. I'm water. I'm most of this planet. I shaped it.

我是海洋,我是水,我覆盖了大部分地球。我创造了它。

Every stream, every cloud, and every rain drop. It all comes back to me.

每一条河,每一朵云,每一滴雨,都将回到我的怀抱。

One way or another, every living thing here needs me.

不管怎样,地球上所有的生物都需要我。

I'm the source. I'm what they crawled out of.

我是源头,所有的生命都来自于我。

Humans? They're no different.

人类?他们没有什么不同。

I don't owe them a thing.

我不欠他们。

I give. They take. But I can always take back.

我付出,他们索取。但是我可以随时收回。

That's just the way it's always been.

人们一直都是这样做。

It's not their planet anyway. Never was. Never will be.

毕竟这不是你们的星球,以前不是,以后也不是。

But humans, they take more than their share.

但人类,他们贪得无厌。

They poison me, then they expect me to feed them.

他们毒死我,竟然还想让我继续养活他们。

Well it doesn't work that way.

这怎么可能。

If humans want to exist in nature with me and off of me, I suggest they listen close. I'm only going to say this once.

如果人类想在大自然中与我共存,赖我而生,我要你们听仔细 我只说一次。

If nature isn't kept healthy, humans won't survive.

如果没有健康的大自然,人类将走向灭亡。

Simple as that.

就那么简单。

Me, I could give a damn, with or without humans.

至于我,有没有人类都无所谓。

I'm the ocean. I covered this entire planet once.

我的海洋。我曾经覆盖过整个地球。

And I can always cover it again.

我也可以再一次把它全部覆盖。

That's all I have to say.

这就是我要说的。 





小编微信:aiyingyu66,朋友圈也精彩


在看你就点点
: . Video Mini Program Like ,轻点两下取消赞 Wow ,轻点两下取消在看

您可能也对以下帖子感兴趣

文章有问题?点此查看未经处理的缓存