查看原文
其他

​视频 | Nature Is Speaking系列选(3-4),学习英语好资源

英语教学 2021-09-19

3 The Rainforest 雨林


Now, why would they need an old forest like me anymore?

现在,他们还需要我这片古老的森林做什么呢?

Jungles? Trees? Well, they do breathe air.

需要我的丛林还是树木?对了,他们总得呼吸吧。

And I make air.

而我制造了氧气。

Have they thought about that?

他们意识到这件事了吗?

Humans, so smart. They'll figure it out.

人类,这么聪明。他们会想出办法的。

Humans making air. That'll be fun to watch.

人类制造氧气。那可太有意思了。 



4 The Soil 土地



I am the soil.
我是土地。
I am in the hills, and in the valleys, the farms, the orchards.
我存在于高山上,山谷中,农场里,果园间。
Without me humans could not exist. But you treat me like dirt.
没有我,人类无法生存。但你们却把我看得一文不值。
Do you realize that I am just a thin skin on this planet?
你们意识到了吗,我只是这个地球薄薄的一层皮肤?
And that I'm actually alive.
我也是有生命的。
Full of organisms that grow your food.
充满了让你们的食物得以生长的有机物。
But I am broken, aching, overused, sick.
但是我被你们破坏、伤害、过度开发、损害。
Because of you. You have withered me away to less than half of what I used to be just over100 years ago.
就是因为你们。你们让我萎缩,现在我只剩下不及100年前一半的厚度。
Are you paying attention? I am turning to dust.
你们注意到了吗?我正在逐渐化为一片荒漠。
So maybe you could treat me with a little more respect.
所以也许你们能对我多一些尊重。
I suppose you still want to eat, right?
我想你们不想饿肚子,对吧? 




小编微信:aiyingyu66,朋友圈也精彩


在看你就点点


: . Video Mini Program Like ,轻点两下取消赞 Wow ,轻点两下取消在看

您可能也对以下帖子感兴趣

文章有问题?点此查看未经处理的缓存