张津瑜厕所门事件 8分钟视频9分52秒流出

【少儿禁】马建《亮出你的舌苔或空空荡荡》

母子乱伦:和儿子做了,我该怎么办?

快消管培生补招|世界500强雀巢惠氏招聘客户发展管培生!简历直投HR邮箱,一周内回复

突发!浪潮被列入实体清单,会是“华为模式”还是“中兴模式”?

生成图片,分享到微信朋友圈

自由微信安卓APP发布,立即下载! | 提交文章网址
查看原文

COVID-19: China to Ease Entry Ban on Foreigners

Chengdu-Expat ChengduExpat 2020-09-03
        😷       

China is in talks with nations including South Korea and Singapore about setting up "fast-track lanes" for key business and technical personnel to travel across borders amid the COVID-19 pandemic, Foreign Ministry spokesman Geng Shuang said on Tuesday.


"The aim is to stabilize the country's important trade and business cooperation with relevant countries and guarantee the smooth operation of global industrial and supply chains while curbing the contagion's spread," he said at a regular news briefing in Beijing.


A police officer talks to a passenger at Xiaoshan International Airport in Hangzhou, Zhejiang province, on March 13, 2020. [Photo/Xinhua]


Geng said China and South Korea have reached consensus in principle on establishing such a fast-track arrangement, and they are discussing a detailed implementation plan.


In an earlier China-Singapore virtual joint meeting on COVID-19, the two nations agreed to discuss better access for necessary personnel while safeguarding public health, he said.


Last month, China announced a temporary suspension of most entry into the country by foreigners and a significant reduction of international passenger flights to help prevent imported novel coronavirus cases.


On Tuesday, Geng also stressed the importance of deepening multilateral cooperation to jointly cope with the disease, following a statement from the Group of 77-the main group of developing countries at the United Nations-and China. It expressed support for the World Health Organization in the pandemic fight.


 [Photo/Chinanews.com]


Some other nations and international organizations like the United Nations and the European Union also expressed support for the WHO's critical role in dealing with the outbreak and strengthening the building of the global public health system, Geng said.


Commenting on Washington's recent attacks on the WHO, Geng said that the US is showing "a mentality of hegemony" by showing it thinks the organization should listen to its commands just because it is the largest contributor. It is "a threat of blackmail" for the US to stop its funding just because the WHO upholds objectivity and justice, he said.


Geng suggested some people in the US take a look at the video of the One World: Together at Home virtual concert held over the weekend to see the broad support for the WHO and common aspirations for solidarity and cooperation. "We hope they will not stand on the opposite of the international community," he said.


Sources: 

https://www.chinadaily.com.cn/a/202004/22/WS5e9f8357a3105d50a3d17d72.html




📖 It's World Book Day  📖

Knowledge is Power


Leave your 📧 as a comment to receive FREE COVID-19 e-books




Want to make living in the city easier?


Tap below for an English language City Guide





Read More


How To Use Chengdu's Health Apps

COVID-19 Legal Advice: Jobs + Visas

COVID-19: Chengdu Exit & Entry Rules

COVID-19: Chengdu April 2020 Updates

Stop COVID-19 Closing Your Chengdu Favorites

    文章有问题?点此查看未经处理的缓存