卢沙野大使接受法国LCI电视台直播专访

【少儿禁】马建《亮出你的舌苔或空空荡荡》

外交部迅速反应:严正抗议美冻结全国人大14位副委员长资产,中方将反制

达赖叛逃时把人皮、头骨法器都送给了谁(胆小慎入)

列宁会如何看待宝马MINI“冰淇淋事件”

生成图片,分享到微信朋友圈

自由微信安卓APP发布,立即下载! | 提交文章网址
查看原文

当时我离原地去世就差那么一点点|附音频


Raise your hand if you've ever sacrificed physical mental and or emotional health to overwork yourself into an extremely depressive state of mind that takes days to recover from in hopes to be happy with a result knowing it's probably not going to be worth it in the end?

如果你曾经牺牲身体、精神和情感健康使自己过度劳累,使自己陷入极度抑郁的心理状态,需要几天的时间才能恢复过来,希望结果能让你感到快乐,因为你知道这样做最终是不值得的。


If a friend came up to you and said, hey I'm gonna go run 50 miles and refuse to eat sleep or take care of myself until I'm done, you'd be like, No, you doof, that's a horrible idea!

如果一个朋友走过来对你说,嘿,我要跑50英里,不吃东西,不睡觉,也不管自己的身体状况,你会说,不,你这个笨蛋,这是个可怕的主意!


You need sunscreen first.

你首先需要防晒霜。


Overworking yourself has such a confusing interpretation right now.

过度劳累自己现在有一个令人困惑的解释。


Everyone knows it's not good.

每个人都知道这不是好事。


But at the same time, it's also glorified.

但同时,它也被美化了。


The best examples are in school or work environments.

最好的例子是在学校或工作中。


Dude, I had six hours of homework last night and didn't get to bed until 4:00 a.m.

伙计,我昨晚做了六个小时的作业直到凌晨4点才上床睡觉。


You think that's bad?

你觉得这样不好吗?


The other week I had three tests to study for.

前几个星期我有三次考试要复习。


So I pulled an all-nighter and only drank coffee for two days straight.

所以我熬夜喝了两天咖啡。


I have not slept for a week my blood flows with redbull and xanax.

我已经一个星期没睡觉了,我的血流着红牛和阿普唑仑。



When someone's driven to work exceptionally hard, obviously, that's really admirable.

很明显,当一个人被驱使去非常努力地工作时,这是非常令人钦佩的。


But when they start forfeiting self-care in place of hard work, that's when you start crossing into the realm of pain and uncontrollable suffering.

但是当他们开始放弃照顾自己而不是努力工作时,你就开始进入痛苦和无法控制的痛苦的境界。


Yeah, but enduring the pain and pushing forward is super strong.

是的,但是忍受痛苦的同时向前推进是非常强大的一件事。


UMMMMMMM, No.

嗯,不。


Admiring something that's stupid and unhealthy isn't commendable.

欣赏一些愚蠢和不健康的东西是不值得称赞的。


Instead of encouraging it, tell your brain, Hey, no!

我们不应该鼓励这件事,告诉你的大脑,嘿,不!


No!

不!


Bad.

这很糟糕。


Not on the carpet.

别这么做。


Your emotions start to chop and change more.

你的情绪开始急剧变化。


Your mental health starts to deteriorate.

你的心理健康开始恶化。


You snap more at things that aren't big deals.

你会对那些不重要的事情更有兴趣。


Everything feels like you're playing sudden death mode in Smash Bros.

一切都像是你在玩“粉碎兄弟”的突然死亡模式。


Honey, I brought you some lemonade.

亲爱的我给你带了柠檬水。


Everyone is gonna experience burning themselves out in some sort of way.

每个人都会经历某种方式的自我毁灭。


That's part of life.

那是生活的一部分。


If you don't, you're either perfect or the devil.

如果你不这样做,你要么是完美的,要么是魔鬼。


And I don't trust either of those.

当然,我觉得这两种情况都不存在。


So stay back.

所以别这么做。


I've been slowly losing my sanity from overworking myself ever since I dropped out of college, which was two years ago.

自从两年前我从大学退学以来,我一直在慢慢地因为过度劳累而失去理智。


It's the type of thing that slowly creeps in.

这种东西是慢慢侵入你的生活的。


And you only start to notice it when your insights have already deteriorated by 30% and your insanity stat has reached level 10.

当你的洞察力恶化30%时,你的疯狂状态达到了10级时,你才开始注意到这一点。


Burnout is caused by three main variables.

职业倦怠是由三个主要变量引起的。


Depersonalization where you don't feel in control of yourself anymore.

去人格化,当你不再控制自己的时候。


Emotional exhaustion and a lost sense of achievement.

情绪衰竭和失去的成就感。


Wow, Jaiden!

哇,杰登!


You're so smart!

你真聪明!


HA!

哈!


Yep, you know me!

是的,你了解我!


I'll research anything all day just to educate the people!

我每天都会研究很多不同的东西,目的就是为了能够教育大家。


After a long time of feeling like a very sad shell of a person, I started seeing a therapist.

在经历了很长一段时间后,我感觉自己是一个非常悲伤的人,于是我开始去看心理医生。


So the first day I came in, she just asked some basic questions to get to know me and my situation.

所以我第一天进来的时候,她只是问了一些基本的问题来了解我和我的处境。


And she got to the question, what would you describe your average daily schedule to be?

她问到了一个问题,你认为你每天的日程是什么?


And I was like, all right.

然后我就说,好吧。


That seemed simple enough.

这似乎很简单。



So I wake up around 8:30, have a small snack working out for like thirty minutes and start working.

我在8点半左右醒来,吃了一小块早餐,锻炼大约30分钟,然后开始工作。


Mm-hm.

嗯哼。


So I work into lunch and then I go back to work.

然后我工作,直到午餐时间,然后回去工作。


Yeah.

嗯。


And I work until dinner and then I work until I go to sleep.

我工作到晚餐时间,然后工作到睡觉时间。


And when's that?

那是什么时候?


1:00 a.m.

凌晨1点。


Yeah, I see the problem now.

是的,我现在看到问题所在了。


I was and still am struggling with the mindset of if I'm not working, I'm being lazy.

我过去和现在都在挣扎着,如果我不工作的话,我就是在偷懒。


And the fact that I worked for myself in my own home and my own boss doesn't help at all.

事实上,我在自己的家里和为自己工作,我自己就是老板,这一点也没有帮助到我什么。


Taking a break to play games.

休息一下玩游戏。


But I could be working.

但我可能在工作。


Eating dinner.

吃晚饭。


I could be working.

我可能在工作。


Sleeping.

睡着了。


But I could be working!

但我可能也在工作!


Working, but I could be working HARDER!

工作,但我可以更努力地工作!



I'm not saying this just for you, but for myself.

我这么说不是为了你,而是为了我自己。


It's okay to take personal time for yourself!

给自己留点私人时间是没问题的!


Don't work your life away!

不要浪费你的生活!


I'll take a break when I'm dead.

我死后再休息。


Frick.

这太奇怪了。


Never got to come up with a funny tombstone.

从未想出一个有趣的墓志铭。


I asked a bunch of my friends about their experiences with overworking themselves.

我问了一群朋友关于他们过度劳累的经历。


And they're all like, oh yeah, burnout is torture and can go freaking suck a jellyfish!

他们就像,哦,是的,精疲力竭是折磨人的,而且可以吸走一个人所有的精力。


Their stories consisted of not sleeping for hours or days on end in exchange for more time to work.

他们的故事包括连续几个小时或几天不睡觉,以换取更多的工作时间。


Denying themselves food or water until they finish something.

不给自己食物或水直到他们完成某事。


Breaking for a minute to go to the bathroom only to go right back to work.

为了休息一分钟去上个厕所,然后马上就回去工作了。


Snapping at friends or family for no reason.

无缘无故地攻击朋友或家人。


It sucks because these aren't even uncommon experiences.

这很糟糕,因为这些都是不寻常的经历。


It feels so good to be validated and admired for working hard.

因为努力工作而被人认可和钦佩,这感觉真好。


But there's a slippery slope there of accidentally forgetting to keep yourself alive and sane if you're not careful.

但是,如果你不小心的话,就会失去活力、失去理智。


I'm here to save you from yourself!

我是来救你的!


What, what!

什么,什么!


We gotta study for final exams!

我们得为期末考试学习!


No time!

没时间了!


Go take a nap!

去睡个觉!


46% of Americans drop out of college anyways!

无论如何,46%的美国人都辍学了!


I'm kidding.

我开玩笑的。


School is important.

读书很重要。


If you drop out, you don't get to use me as an excuse to your parents.

如果你退学了,你不要把我当做是向你父母解释的借口。


But it's important not to die from burnout or in general.

但重要的是不要因为精疲力竭或一般情况而死亡。


Don't ever die.

永远不要死。


I also asked my friends if overworking themselves negatively impacted their relationship with the end product.

我还问我的朋友们,过度劳累是否会对他们与最终结果的关系产生负面影响。


And there were two different interpretations.

有两种不同的解释。


Some of them said, Holy frick.

他们中的一些人说,太糟糕了!


Yes, I hate that thing now!

是的,我现在讨厌那东西!


Stressing and pushing themselves too much made them sloppy and make awful mistakes.

压力太大,压力太大,使他们马马虎虎,犯了可怕的错误。


They cut more corners and agreed the final product suffered because of the pressure they put on themselves.

他们偷工减料,并遭受了巨大的压力,而这些压力都是他们自己给自己的。


Another friend, with better hair, described it as being a sick twisted reward for unhealthy behavior.

另一位头发更好的朋友形容这是对不健康行为的病态扭曲奖励。


Of course, they were able to finish the project which they wanted.

当然,他们能够完成他们想要的项目。


But the steps they took to complete it led to painful burnout and definitely was more emotionally damaging than if workflow was more evenly distributed.

但是他们为完成它而采取的步骤导致了痛苦的精疲力竭,而且肯定比工作流程分配得更均匀的情况对情感的伤害更大。


My scientific conclusion?

我的科学结论?


You suffer either way.

不管是哪种情况你都会受苦。


Here have some tips to not be emotionally damaged for a week after overworking yourself.

这里有一些建议,不要在过度劳累后的一周内受到情绪上的伤害。


Don't do too much of the same thing without any sort of change whatsoever.

在没有任何改变的情况下,不要做太多相同的事情。


You're not a, you're not a mindless work zombie and a hamster ball.

你不是一个,你不是一个愚蠢的工作僵尸和仓鼠球。


Doing the same thing over and over and over and over and over and over and over is a formula for absolute misery.

一遍又一遍地做同样的事情是绝对痛苦的公式。


8tracks, who helps with animating the videos had a good analogy.

有一个博主,他的动画视频有一个很好的类比。


So I'm gonna steal it.

所以我要去偷这个概念。


So say you like chocolate.

所以说你喜欢巧克力。


I do like chocolate.

我确实喜欢巧克力。


No one asked you.

没人问你。


You so imagine you hypothetically enjoy eating chocolate.

假设你喜欢吃巧克力。


But when you only eat chocolate and nothing else you feel sick that nauseous feeling and your throat and stomach that makes you want to lay down and throw up for the rest of the day.

但是当你只吃巧克力而什么都不吃的时候,你就会觉得恶心,喉咙和胃会让你想躺下来,在这一天里你都会呕吐。


It's the same with anything else.

其他的都是一样的。


Do more than just work and eat hypothetical chocolate all the time.

做的不仅仅是工作,还要一直吃假想的巧克力。


Because otherwise...

因为否则……


Take time for self-care!

花点时间照顾自己!



Yeah, it sounds generic and straightforward.

是啊,听起来很普通也很直截了当。


So then do it you dummy!

那就去做吧,你这个笨蛋!


Spend time with yourself.

花点时间和自己在一起。


Do something that'll refuel your juice tanks.

做些能让你精力充沛的事。


When you're running on empty, you got to take time to fill the tank back up to full.

当你空空如也的时候,你得花点时间把油箱装满。


Don't just try to avoid the inevitable by pouring a little cup of gas in and hoping that'll tie you over.

不要只是试图通过倒一小杯汽油来避免不可避免的事情,并希望这会把你绑起来。


ENJOY YOURSELF!

祝你玩得开心!


Not yelling at you.

不是在对你吼。


I'm yelling at me.

我是在对自己吼。


Because I still have a really hard time with that one.

因为我还是很难和自己共处。


Take a shower.

洗个澡。


You've probably been working for five days straight.

你可能已经连续工作五天了。


Take a break from social media.

远离社交。


Sounds cliche but it works.

听起来很陈词滥调但很有效。


Spend time with friends.

和朋友待在一起。


If you have any.

如果你有朋友的话。


Do some stretches or something that includes moving your body.

做一些伸展运动或其他的运动。


Exercise equals dopamine, which means less depression!

运动等于多巴胺,这意味减少抑郁!


Yay, stick to a healthy sleeping schedule.

太好了,坚持健康的睡眠计划。


If you're a farmer...

如果你是农民……


I am a farmer.

我是个农民。


No one asked you.

没人问你。


You gotta tend to a variety of fields instead of hyper focusing on the same one everyday.

你必须涉猎各种各样的领域,而不是每天都把注意力集中在同一个领域上。


Push yourself to always be trying something new or focus on improving.

让自己尝试一些新东西,或者专注于改进。


It's easy to get stuck in the same grind of consistency.

很容易陷入同样的一致性的磨难之中。


Everyone's a unique special snowflake.

每个人都是独一无二的特殊的那片雪花。


But eventually your brain is gonna start craving something different.

但最终你的大脑会开始渴望不同的东西。


And if it doesn't get anything new it throws a tantrum, you get more excited about things you're going to learn and get better at spice everything up.

如果它没有得到任何新的东西,它会让你大发雷霆,你会对你将要学到的东西更加兴奋,并且会更好地调和所有的东西。


If you're a lumberjack...

如果你是个伐木工……


I am a lumberjack.

我是个伐木工。


Well you cut that out.

把这里剪掉。


You can't keep swinging your axe continuously at trees all the time.

你不能一直不停地向大树挥舞你的斧头。


It'll start getting too dull and become difficult to keep going.

它会变得太枯燥,很难继续下去。


You got to take time to stop and sharpen your tools, keep things balanced.

你得花点时间停下来,磨练你的工具,保持平衡。


You can create your best ideas when you're not stressed and overworked and sad and tired and feel like poop.

当你没有压力,工作过度,悲伤和疲惫这些垃圾的想法的时候,你就能创造出你最好的想法。


Wait, I thought you were a farmer.

等等,我以为你是个农民。


No one asked you.

没人问你。



“I potato you”是“我土豆你”吗?

有人跟你说“break a leg”,千万不要生气,这可不是要打断你的腿!

water是水,work是工作,那waterworks是啥?你可能顶不住哦

Kiss是亲,Ass是屁股,那你知道Kiss her ass是什么意思吗?

BBC驻华记者打了中国疫苗后立即出现“副作用”:连发数推兴奋晒照

日本核废水入海,57天废掉半个太平洋 日本副首相:这水可以喝 美国:感谢日本……


这里是 美国之音 频道

    There's (still) no such thing as a dream job丨VICE
    CCG in Dialogue with Susan Thornton and Douglas Paal
    中国驻欧盟使团团长傅聪大使接受英国《金融时报》专访实录(英文)
    Electric Vibes Are Back in the House With Unicat Attack Vol.10
    CCG Global Dialogue:Building a floor for China-US relations

    文章有问题?点此查看未经处理的缓存