查看原文
其他

TED:家母如何激发我接触大提琴


-TED英语演讲-

(Cello music)

(大提琴音乐)


(Music ends)

(音乐结束)


On the flight here,

搭飞机来这里时,


I was reminded about my mom.

我想起来我母亲。


I’m a self-taught cellist, I’ve never had a lesson.

我是自学的大提琴手, 我从来没有上过课。


I studied double bass, but I just picked up the cello and started playing

我学过低音提琴, 但我就只是拿起大提琴


because I love doing it.

然后开始演奏,因为我喜欢。


But my mom was an inspiration to me.

但我母亲是鼓舞我的人。


I did not realize she was an inspiration,

我以前并不知道是她鼓舞了我,


because she got her music degree through a mail-order course,

因为她透过邮购课程 取得了她的音乐学位,


the US School of Music.

美国音乐学校。


While raising two kids,

她还要一边养育孩子,


she received a lesson a week in the mail,

每星期会有一堂课 邮寄给她,


and practiced.

她会练习。


And at the end of a couple of years, she put on a recital.

几年之后,她举行了一场表演会。


And I’ll be 50 this month, and it took me that long to realize

这个月我就五十岁了, 我花了这么长的时间才了解到,


that she was that big of an inspiration.

她给我的鼓舞这么大。


I’m just going to keep -- yeah, thanks, mom.

我会继续——谢谢妳,老妈。


(Applause)

(掌声)


She’s also one of the most extraordinary people I know,

她也是我所认识最不凡的人之一,


beyond being a wonderful musician.

不只是一个很棒的音乐家而已。


I want to play a little bit for mom and your moms as well, actually.

我想要为我母亲演奏一小段音乐, 也是为了你们的母亲。


(Cello music)

(大提琴音乐)


(Music ends)

(音乐结束)


You know, when you normally hear a cello, you think of this.

你们知道吗,一般来说, 听到大提琴时,你们会想到这个。


(Plays Bach Cello Suite No.1)

(演奏巴哈第一号 无伴奏大提琴组曲)


We’re not going to do that today.

今天我们不要演奏这个。


(Laughter and applause)

(笑声和掌声)


(Drums)

(鼓声)


(Cello)

(大提琴声)


Hey!

嘿!


(Looped samples of onstage sounds)

(舞台声音的循环录音样本)


(Cello music and looped samples)

(大提琴音乐及循环录音样本)


(Music ends)

(音乐结束)


(Applause and cheers)

(掌声和欢呼)


您可能也对以下帖子感兴趣

文章有问题?点此查看未经处理的缓存