查看原文
其他

BBC地道英语|It beats me 不知道,不理解

2018-02-17 小芳老师

提示:点击↑上方"小芳老师"免费关注哦

Hello and welcome to The English We Speak. I’m Feifei…

大家好,欢迎收听地道英语。我是菲菲……

…and hello, I’m Rob.

……大家好,我是罗布。

Hey Rob, do you know what’s going on in the office today? The boss has been shouting, Helen’s crying and Neil doesn’t look very happy either.

嘿,罗布,你知道今天办公室发生什么了吗?老板一直在吼,海伦在哭,尼尔看上去也不太高兴。

Beats me. Ouch. What did you do that for?

打我。哎呦。你为什么要这么做?

You said ’beat me’.

你刚说“打我”啊。

No, no – I mean it beats me… ouch!

不不,我的意思是打我……哎呦!

You are strange Rob.

你真是奇怪呀罗布。

No Feifei.I said ’it beats me’ to mean I don’t know or I don’t understand something.

不是的菲菲。我说“打我”的意思是说我不知道或我不理解。

I knew that Rob – I just liked hitting you with this stick!

我知道啊罗布,我只是喜欢用这根棍子打你!

Ha! Very funny. Shall we hear some examples?

哈!非常有趣!我们来听一些例子好吧?

It beats me how Stephanie ever got that promotion.

我不知道史蒂芬妮是如何升职的。

Can you believe that Dave and Andrea are still married! He’s always bossing her around.

你能相信戴夫和安德莉亚还没离婚吗!他总是对她颐指气使的。

It beats me why she stays with him.

我不理解她为何还要和他在一起。

It beats me how Jen can afford a new sports car when she only works part-time.

我不能理解珍是怎么买得起一辆新跑车的,她只有在做兼职。

So that is "it beats me"a phrase used for saying that you do not know or understand something. So there’s no beating involved!

所以这就是这个短语啦——用来表示你不知道或不理解某件事。所以和打人并没有关系!

Definitely not.So now I can safely say, it beats me what’s going on in the officeI haven’t got a clue.

当然没有。所以现在我可以很安全地说,我不知道办公室里发生了什么——我一点儿也不清楚。

Well the situation seemed very tense and the boss was shouting something about mice.

气氛似乎很紧张,老板在大吼着关于老鼠的什么事情。

Mice…ah yes, well in that case, it could be that I left my lunch on my desk overnight and it’s possible the mice have found it and eaten it?They do get everywhere.

老鼠……噢对,那情况可能是我把我的午餐留在桌子上过夜了,老鼠可能发现了还把它吃了?它们可真是无处不在啊。

Mice!In our office?I hate mice…

老鼠!在我们办公室里?我恨老鼠……

Ouch…why are you beating me again? I think it’s time to go. Bye.

哎呦……你为什么又打我?我觉得该走了。再见。

Bye.

再见。


点击“阅读原文”,听更多BBC地道英语!

您可能也对以下帖子感兴趣

文章有问题?点此查看未经处理的缓存