查看原文
其他

BBC地道英语|Drama queen 喜欢小题大做的人

2018-02-19 小芳老师

提示:点击↑上方"小芳老师"免费关注哦

Oh, hello, Feifei.Already here to present The English We Speak.

噢,嗨,菲菲。你已经在这儿录《地道英语》啦。

What do you mean by ’already here’, Callum?!And what are all these bags you have with you?

你说“已经在这儿”是什么意思,卡勒姆?!还有这些袋子,你是去干什么了?

Shopping.

购物啊。

Shopping?!I’m here in the studio, waiting for you and you went shopping?! This is absurd.

购物?!我在演播室里等着你,你却去购物了?!这真是太荒唐了。

Oh, come on, Feifei, we still have a couple of minutes to go.Don’t be such a drama queen!

噢,别这样,菲菲,我们还有几分钟时间呢。别这样小题大做!

Drama queen?!

小题大做?

Yes, drama queen!We say someone is a drama queenwhen he or she becomes very angry or upset over tiny small things like…

是的,小题大做!我们说某个人是喜欢小题大做的人,就是说他或她会因为微不足道的小事而非常生气或者心烦,比如…

… like you being late…

…比如因为你迟到…

Not late - shopping.Now, let’s hear some examples of how the expression ’drama queen’ is used.

不是迟到,是去购物。现在让我们来听几个例子,看看“喜欢小题大做的人”这个词是怎么用的吧。

Oh, it’s raining and my new hairdo is ruined!All those hours in the hairdresser for nothing!

噢,下雨了,我的新发型要毁了!在理发师那儿待了几个小时全白费了!

Don’t be such a drama queen.Here, take my umbrella.

别这么小题大做。喏,拿上我的伞。

I’m not dining out with Peter anymore.If the dish is not cooked exactly the way he likes he makes a big fuss.He’s such a drama queen!

我再也不和彼得一起出去吃饭了。只要食物不是完全按照他喜欢的方式烹制的,他就会大惊小怪。他真是太小题大做了!

That’s it, Feifei.And now, here, in my bag…

就是这样的,菲菲。那么现在,这里,我的包里…

What, now you’re going to sort out your shopping?

什么,现在你就要对你买回来的东西进行分类了吗?

This is for you, Feifei!

这是给你的,菲菲!

Oh, a present for me?!Oh… you shouldn’t have…

噢,给我的礼物?!噢…其实你不必…

You didn’t want people to know it’s your birthday, but…well, happy birthday, Feifei!

你不想让别人知道今天是你的生日,但是…嗯,生日快乐,菲菲!

Ohhh! I don’t know what to say… I guess I’ll have to take back my words.Thank you, Callum.You know what?We can make the programme a bit later.Let’s celebrate!

噢!我不知道该说些什么了…我觉得我要收回我的话。谢谢你,卡勒姆。你知道吗?我们可以再晚一点才做节目。让我们来庆祝吧!

OK.

好呀。

Bye!

再见!

点击“阅读原文”,听更多BBC地道英语

您可能也对以下帖子感兴趣

文章有问题?点此查看未经处理的缓存