查看原文
其他

BBC地道英语|The university of life 生活大学

2018-02-20 小芳老师

点击上方“练英语听力”↑↑↑关注我

Hello welcome to The English We Speak from BBC Learning English.I’m Rob.

大家好,欢迎收听BBC英语教学的地道英语。我是罗布。

Oh hello…I’m Feifei.

噢大家好…我是菲菲。

What’s wrong Feifei?

怎么了,菲菲?

I’m stressed –I’ve got an exam tomorrow –I hate exams.

我压力很大——我明天有一场考试——我讨厌考试。

Me too.What you need to do is plan your revision a bit more,take lots of breaks,and maybe go for a run.

我也是。你需要做的是再规划一下你的复习,多多休息,或者去跑步。

You seem to know a lot about preparing for exams.Where did you study?

你似乎知道许多关于备考的事情呀。你是在哪里学到的?

Oh nowhere you would have heard of.It’s called the university of life.

噢,在一个你从没听过的地方。它叫做生活大学。

The university of life. Is that in London?

生活大学。在伦敦吗?

It’s doesn’t actually exist –when someone says they’ve been to the university of lifeit means they are wise but not necessarily educated – they’ve learnt everything just from experiencing life.

它并非真实存在的——有人说他们曾上过生活大学的时候,意思是他们虽明智,但未必是受过教育的——他们所有的事情都是从生活经历中学到的。

I see.Hmm, so no exams.

我明白了。嗯,所以也就没有考试咯。

That’s right.I’ve just got a qualification in life!Let’s hear some more examples of this phrase…

对。我刚刚获得了一张人生的资格证书!让我们再听几个关于这个习语的例子吧…

I set up the business without any qualifications –everything I learnt was from the university of life.

我没有任何资历就创业了——我学到的所有东西都来自于生活这所大学。

The university of life taught me to be polite to everyone you meet;you never know when you might see them again.

生活大学教给我,要对你遇到的每一个人都有礼貌;你永远不知道自己可能会在什么时候再次遇到他们。

The university of life –it’s where you learn from life not books.So I should learn a lesson from you Rob?

生活大学——就是你从生活中,而不是书本里学到东西的地方。所以我应该从你这里学一课啦罗布?

Yes, that’s right–chill out,don’t stress about exams –they’re a waste of time.

是的,对——淡定点,不要因为考试而有压力——这些是在浪费时间。

Really!!!Hold on a minute.If I remember correctly,you failed your exams and you were kicked out of university.

真的吗!!!等一会儿。如果我没记错的话,你没有通过考试,并且被大学扫地出门了。

Well…err… maybe.But that was a life experience…and I learned that studying wasn’t for me.

嗯…呃…也许吧。但那是一段生活经历…并且我认识到我不是学习的料。

Hmmm, it sounds like you’ve been to The school of hard knocks.

啊,听起来像是你去过吃苦头的学校啊。

The school of hard knocks?

吃苦头的学校?

Yes, it’s an unpleasant experience that you learn from.Anyway, I’m off to revise for my exams –I’d rather stay at my university rather than go to yours!

是的,这是说使你从中学到东西的一段不愉快的经历。总之,我要去复习功课准备考试了——我宁可待在我的大学里也不愿意去你的大学!

Fair enough.

好吧。

Bye.

再见。

点击“阅读原文”,听更多BBC地道英语!

您可能也对以下帖子感兴趣

文章有问题?点此查看未经处理的缓存