查看原文
其他

BBC地道英语|You're pulling my leg! 你在逗我!

2018-02-26 小芳老师

提示:点击↑上方"小芳老师"免费关注哦

Hello and welcome to The English We Speak.I’m Feifei…

大家好,欢迎收听地道英语。我是菲菲…

… and hello, I’m Rob.So Feifei, how was your holiday –did you go anywhere special?

…大家好,我是罗布。菲菲,你的假期过得怎么样?去什么特别的地方了吗?

Yes, I did.I went walking.

对,去了。我去远足了。

Very healthy.And where did you go?

非常健康呀。你去哪里了?

Oh, I walked up Mount Everest….It was tough and cold but I made it.

噢,我登上了珠穆朗玛峰…这真的很困难,还很冷,但是我做到了。

Oh… You walked up Mount Everest – the highest mountain in the world?Are you sure?

噢…你登上了珠穆朗玛峰——世界上最高的山峰?你确定?

You don’t think I’m fit enough to do it, do you?

你不觉得我足够健康,能做到这件事,对吧?

Come on Feifei, you’re pulling my leg.

得了吧菲菲,你在拉我的腿。

I’m not even touching you.

我碰都没有碰你。

No, I don’t mean you’re actually pulling my leg – I mean you’re lying aren’t you?You’re joking with me?

不,我不是说你真的在拉我的腿——我是说你在说谎,对吧?你在跟我开玩笑?

You think I’m not telling the truth –I’m tricking you?But am I?!

你觉得我没在说实话——我在骗你?但我真的在骗你吗?

Come on Feifei, stop teasing me –you didn’t do it did you?

得了吧菲菲,别逗我了——你根本就没做这件事对吧?

I did.I’ll show you some photos.But let me hear some more examples of the phrase in action first…

我做了。我会给你看几张照片的。但是让我先再听几个句子,看看这个习语是怎么运用的吧…

So I got to the restaurant and sat down at my tableand guess who was sitting on the next table – George Clooney!

我到了餐厅,在我那一桌坐下,猜猜旁边那桌坐着谁——乔治·克鲁尼!

You’re pulling my leg!

你在逗我吧!

I was pulling his leg when I said I was going to marry Jennybut he believed me and bought me a present!

我说我要和詹妮结婚的时候是在逗他,但他却相信了,还给我买了礼物。

Oh stop pulling my leg –you can’t have won the lottery,you didn’t even buy a ticket!

噢,别逗我了——你不可能中彩票的,你连买彩票都没买!

So to pull someone’s leg means to fool or trick them but in a fun way.Look at this photo Rob,you can see how much snow there was on Everest – and look, there’s me on top.

所以说拉某人的腿就是说用一种有趣的方式愚弄或者哄骗某人。看这张照片罗布,你能看到珠穆朗玛峰上有多少雪——看,这是我,在山顶呢。

Hold on –this is a trick photo –you had this taken in one of those photo-booths where you stand in front of a big screen.You’re not pulling my leg!

等一下——这是一张特效照片——你是在一间照相亭里照的这张照片,你站在一个大屏幕前面。你还不是在逗我!

Ooo… ouch… actually…

唔…哎呀…实际上…

It looks like you’ve pulled something in your own leg –a muscle, maybe?Who’s the fool now?

看上去就像你在你自己腿上扯了什么东西——一块肌肉,也许吧?现在谁是傻瓜了?

Ok, I didn’t walk up Everest.I was teasing you but you almost believed me!

好吧,我没有登上珠穆朗玛峰。我是在逗你啦,但你差点就相信我了!

Didn’t.

没有。

Did!

有!

Did not.

没有。

Did.

有。


点击“阅读原文”,听更多BBC地道英语!

您可能也对以下帖子感兴趣

文章有问题?点此查看未经处理的缓存