查看原文
其他

BBC地道英语| 花钱如流水,用英语怎么说?

2018-03-03 小芳老师

提示:点击↑上方"小芳老师"免费关注哦

Burn a hole in your pocket

Hello everyone, I’m Li.Welcome to the English We Speak.With me today is Rob.

大家好,我是李。欢迎收听地道英语。今天和我一起的是罗布。

Hello everyone.

大家好。

Rob, you look worried, what’s on your mind

罗布,你看上去忧心忡忡的,在想什么呢?

Oh, I’m just concerned about a good friend.He’s been asking me for advice about saving money.

噢,我在担心一个好朋友呢。他让我给他一些关于存钱的建议。

Well that’s very kind of you,but does he have a problem

你人真是太好啦,他在这方面有什么问题吗?

He’s one of those people that just can’t save money.Every time he gets paid he goes out and spends it all.

他是那种存不下钱的人。每次一发工资,他就会出去,把钱全花光。

I’ve heard of people like that.I’d say that money burns a hole in his pocket.

我听说过这种人。我会说他花钱如流水。

That’s exactly right, money does burn a hole in his pocket.Whenever he has money he has to spend it.

完全正确,他确实花钱如流水。不论什么时候,只要有钱,就一定得花掉。

That’s the phrase for the English We Speak today.Let’s hear some examples of how people use it.

这就是今天地道英语要学的习语。让我们来听几个例子,看看人们是怎么用这个习语的吧。

Why have you never got any money

为什么你总是没钱呢?

Well, I have a bad habit of spending my money as soon as I get it.Money burns a hole in my pocket.

嗯,我有个坏习惯,只要一有钱就会花掉。我花钱如流水啊。

I find saving money so difficult.I like to buy the latest gadgets.

我发现存钱太难了。我喜欢买最新款的小玩意儿。

The trouble with you is that money burns a hole in your pocket.

你的问题是你总是花钱如流水。

I also have a friend who is tempted to spend every penny.

我有个朋友,也总是忍不住花掉每一分钱。

Well, the phrase can also be used in a slightly different way.

这个习语还有另外一种使用方式,与上一种稍有不同。

What way

什么方式?

If something unexpected costs a lot of money,you can also say ’it’s burnt a hole in your pocket’.Let’s hear an example.

如果一些意想不到的东西要花掉很多钱,你可以说“这真是太烧钱了”。让我们来听一个例子吧。

My daughter is getting married next year.

我女儿明年就要结婚了。

Oh that’s fantastic news.

噢,这真是个极好的消息。

Yes, it is.But I think the cost of the wedding will burn a hole in my pocket.

是啊。但办婚礼真是太烧钱了。

You’d better start saving money now for your daughter.

你最好从现在就开始为你女儿存钱。

Yes, that’s right.Well, unless, of course, she marries a rich guy.

是的,你说得对。嗯,除非,当然,她要嫁给一个有钱人。

Well, fingers crossed.You still look worried Rob.Are you thinking about your friend or your daughter

好吧,为她祈祷。你看上去还是很忧虑啊,罗布。你是在想你的朋友还是你的女儿呢?

Oh, I’m thinking about friend.I think he might need professional help.

噢,我在想我朋友。我觉得他可能需要专业性的帮助。

Or maybe he needs a girlfriend,someone who can stop him spending.

也许他需要一个女朋友,来阻止他花钱。

No. I think that will just make him spend even more.

不。我觉得这会让他花钱更厉害。

I know, I was only joking.Bye.

我知道,我只是在开玩笑啦。再见。

Bye bye.

再见。


点击“阅读原文”,听更多BBC地道英语!

您可能也对以下帖子感兴趣

文章有问题?点此查看未经处理的缓存