查看原文
其他

BBC地道英语|半斤八两,怎么说?

2018-03-12 小芳老师

提示:点击↑上方"小芳老师"免费关注哦

Hello, I’m Finn.

大家好,我是芬恩。

Hi, I’m Feifei.Sorry I’m late -Peter and Dave are having an argument in the kitchen.I was trying to calm them down.

嗨,我是菲菲。非常抱歉我迟到了,彼得和戴夫正在厨房里争吵,我试着让他们两个平静下来。

Oh, really?What are they arguing about?

噢,真的吗?他们在争论什么呢?

Something about who spilled the milk - it was getting very heated.

争论到底是谁把牛奶弄撒了,他们争吵得越来越激烈。

Oh, no.Who started the argument?

噢,不是吧。是谁开的头呢?

Hmm, I don’t really know,I think it’s six of one, half a dozen of the other.

嗯,其实我并不知道,我想他们俩半斤八两吧。

Good expression, Feifei.

很好的表达方式,菲菲。

Thank you, Finn.I learnt this phrase just the other day.I think I can use it in this situation, can’t I?

谢谢你,芬恩。这个习语是我前几天才学会的。我觉得这个习语可以用在这个情境中,对吧?

Yes, indeed you can.We normally use ‘six of one, half a dozen of the other’when we think there is very little difference between two choices.We also use it when two people are equally responsible for something.Now, let’s hear some examples.

对,当然可以。通常我们用“半斤八两”的时候,我们认为两种选择之间差别很小。两个人对某件事情负同样责任的时候,我们也可以用这个习语。现在,让我们来听几个例子吧。

I don’t know whether to give my mum flowers or chocolates for Mother’s Day.

我不知道母亲节该送我妈妈鲜花还是巧克力。

It’s six of one, half a dozen of the other.

半斤八两,都差不多。

Do you think we should take the third ring road instead of the second ring road?

你觉得我们应该走三环而不是二环吗?

Oh, I don’t know,it’s six of one, half a dozen of the other.

噢,我不知道,半斤八两,差不多吧。

They keep blaming each other -whose fault was it really?

他们一直在互相责备,究竟是谁的错呢?

Oh, it was six of one, half a dozen of the other.

噢,半斤八两吧。

So remember you can use ‘six of one, half a dozen of the other’when two choices are very similarand it doesn’t really matter which one you choose.

所以记得,在这种情况下你可以使用“半斤八两”这个表达方式:两个选项十分相似,并且不管你选哪个其实都无所谓的时候。

Yes, that’s right.Ah, sorry Feifei, wait a sec, I need to go now.

对,是这样的。啊,对不起菲菲,稍等一下,我现在要走了。

Where are you going?

你要去哪儿?

I’m going to dinner with Sophia.Quick, help me decide –should I wear this blue shirt?Or this pink one?

我要和索菲娅共进晚餐。快,帮我决定下——我是不是应该穿这件蓝色的衬衫?还是这件粉色的呢?

You know what I am about to say, don’t you?

你知道我要说什么,对吧?

The pink one?

粉色这件?

No, they are very similar.It’s six of one, half a dozen of the other…

不,这两件很相似。半斤八两,差不多啦…

Oh, you’re not helping!I’m off, bye.

噢,你并没有在帮忙!我走啦,再见。

Wait…

等一下…


您可能也对以下帖子感兴趣

文章有问题?点此查看未经处理的缓存