查看原文
其他

BBC地道英语|Thingy 是什么意思呢?

小芳老师 2020-09-18

提示:点击↑上方"小芳老师"免费关注哦

那个东西,那谁

Hello Finn.Looking forward to another The English We Speak?

你好,芬恩。有没有很期待下一期地道英语?

Hi, Feifei!Oh yes, always…

嗨,菲菲!有啊,总是很期待…

Actually, before we begin,could you pass me the thingy?

其实,在我们开始之前,你可以把那个东西递给我吗?

Which thingy?The script?

哪个东西?稿子吗?

No, no - not the script.The thingy behind you…

不,不,不是稿子。你身后的那个东西…

Ah, you need a pen?Here you go.

啊,你是要笔吗?给你。

No.I’ve got a pen actually. Two pens.I mean that… thingy over there…

不是。事实上我已经有笔了。两支笔。我是说…那边那个东西…

Which thingy?Listen, I know this studio is a bit of a mess, isn’t it?So if you keep saying ’thingy’ we could be here all day!

哪个东西?听着,我知道演播室里有一点乱,是吧?所以如果你继续说“那个东西”的话,我们可能一整天都要待在这儿了!

Sorry, Finn.’Thingy’ is a word which we sometimes usewhen I can’t remember or don’t know the name of an object.

对不起,芬恩。我们有时会把“那个东西”这个词用在我们想不起来或是不知道一样东西名字的时候。

It is indeed.And it can be used, informally,when you can’t remember the name of a particular person too.And it’s today’s expression, Feifei?

确实。在非正式场合中,这个词也可以用在你不记得某个人名字的时候。这就是我们今天要学的表达方式,对吧,菲菲?

Yes, why not? Thingy’ is our word today in The English We Speak. Let’s hear some examples of how it’s used.

是的,就是这个。“那个东西”就是今天地道英语里我们要学的词。让我们来听几个例子,看看这个词是怎么用的吧。

You want a recipe for stew? Ask… thingy.She was talking about a lovely one the other day.

你想要炖汤的食谱吗?去问…那谁。那天她有说过一个很棒的食谱。

Sorry, I’m late for the meeting.Could you just pass me the thingy for my report… I mean… the stapler?

对不起,我开会迟到了。你能帮我把那个东西递过来吗,我的报告要用…我是说…订书机?

That’s it! I was asking for the… stopwatch!I need to time the programme, Finn.

就是它!我要找的就是…计时器!我需要来对节目进行计时,芬恩。

No, you don’t.The programme is over.And this stopwatch shouldn’t really be here.It belongs to… to… he was looking for it the other day.

不,不必了。节目结束了。还有,这个计时器不该放在这儿的。这是…是…他那天一直在找这个计时器。

Belongs to…?

是…?

It belongs to… thingy.

是…那谁的。

Come one, Finn.It belongs to Rob.I’ll return it to him!

你也用到这个词了,芬恩。这是罗布的。我会还给他的!

Bye!

再见!

点击“阅读原文”,听更多BBC地道英语!

    您可能也对以下帖子感兴趣

    文章有问题?点此查看未经处理的缓存