查看原文
其他

BBC地道英语|Nosh 食物

小芳老师 2020-09-18

提示:点击↑上方"小芳老师"免费关注哦

Hello and welcome to The English We Speak, I’m Feifei.

大家好,欢迎来到“我们所说的英语”,我是菲菲。

Hello everyone, I’m Rob.

大家好,我是罗伯。

Rob, guess who I just got in a lift with?

罗伯,你猜我刚才在电梯里遇到谁了?

(Not interested) Hmmm, lots of other people who work at the BBC?

(不是很关心) 恩,很多BBC的同事?

No! You’ll never guess...

不,你永远猜不到。。。。

(Still not interested) Probably not.

(依旧漠不关心)估计也猜不到。

I am so excited, my heart is still pounding!

我好兴奋!我的心现在还在怦怦跳呢。

Come on Feifei, it’s not like you have just been in a lift with Damien Lewis. So calm down, we’ve got some work to do.

拜托,菲菲,你又不是在电梯里遇到了戴米恩·刘易斯。冷静下来,我们还有工作要做。

(Even more excited) It was, it was Damien Lewis! I was in a lift with Damien Lewis.

罗伯,就是他!就是戴米恩·刘易斯!和我一起在电梯里的就是戴米恩·刘易斯!

(Now interested) Really? What was he like?

(现在感兴趣了)真的吗?他怎么样?

He was wearing a light blue shirt and jeans! Very tall, and... he’s just so handsome!

(甚至更兴奋了)他穿了浅蓝色衬衫和牛仔裤。非常高,而且。。。他好帅!

I bet! Did you say anything to him?

那当然。你跟他说话了吗?

No, I was too nervous! But he was saying something about going for some ’nosh’ before recording. What does that mean? What is ’nosh’?

没有,我太紧张了。但是他说了一些关于在录音之前去“nosh”的话。那是什么意思?什么叫“nosh”?

In British English, ’to have some nosh’ is a slang phrase which means to have some food or to have a meal. The word ’nosh’ literally means ’food’ or ’a meal’.

在英式英语里,“to havesome nosh”是一个俚语短语,意思是说吃点东西或者吃顿饭。“nosh”这个单词字面意思是“食物”或者“饭”。

OK, I see. So he was saying he would go and have some food before recording?

我懂了。所以他是说他会在录音前去吃点东西?

Yes, I believe so. Let’s hear some examples on how to use the word ’nosh’.

是的,我想是这样。让我们来听一些关于如何使用“nosh ”这个单词的例子吧。

Our canteen serves good nosh.

我们餐厅提供美味的食物。

She likes her nosh.

她喜欢她的食物。

Do you fancy a bit of nosh?

你想来点儿吃的东西吗?

There was a lot of nosh at the party last night.

昨晚的派对上有好多吃的。

So we can use ’nosh’ as a noun, can we use it as a verb as well, Rob?

所以我们可以把“nosh”用作一个名词,也可以用作一个动词,对吗罗伯?

Yes, we can. If you ’nosh’, you eat.

对。如果你“nosh”,就表示你吃东西。

I like to nosh when I watch TV.

我喜欢在看电视的时候吃东西。

How can she ever lose weight? She noshes all the time!

她怎么可能减肥呢?她一直在吃东西。

(Getting excited again) Hey Rob, I’m just getting a bit hungry, do you mind finishing the programme? I’m just going to get some nosh from the canteen.

(再次兴奋起来):嘿, 罗伯,我有点饿了,你介意现在结束节目吗?我想去餐厅吃点儿东西。

Is that so Feifei? I know why you are getting hungry...

是这样吗菲菲? 我知道你为什么饿了哦。。。

What do you mean? I’m just hungry. Will be back later, bye...

你什么意思?我只是饿了而已啊,我马上回来,拜。。。

Errr, hold on... wait, wait for me, I might join you for some nosh too... (talking to himself) I hope Damien is still in the canteen. Don’t forget to check out bbclearningenglish.com for more The English We Speak. Bye!

呃,等等,等等我!我也和你一起去吃东西。。。 (自言自语):我希望戴米恩还在餐厅里。别忘了登录bbc网站了解更多节目的内容。 拜。

点击“阅读原文”,听更多BBC地道英语!

    您可能也对以下帖子感兴趣

    文章有问题?点此查看未经处理的缓存