晨读100天 | Day 32. How Do People Get Their Personalities?
无间断打卡887天 | 训练语感好习惯
A: How do you think people get their personalities?
B: I think it’s mainly from the environment a person lives in.
A: Don’t you think people get their personalities from their parents?
B: No, but parents control a lot of the environment that kids grow up in, so they certainly influence their kids' personalities a lot.
A: So why do you think many kids have personalities that are so different from their parents.
B: Maybe when they become teenagers, they want to be completely different to their parents.
相关词汇 | Related Vocabulary
1. personality /ˌpɝsə'næləti/ n. 人格，个性
2. mainly /'menli/ adv. 大体上，主要地
3. environment /ɪn'vaɪrənmənt/ n. 环境
4. influence /'ɪnfluəns/ v. 影响
5. teenager/'tinedʒɚ/ n. 青少年
1. You’d better not phone the manager between 7 and 8 tomorrow evening; he ___an important meeting then.
A. will have B. would have C. will be having D. will have had
2. —I’m sorry, but the boss isn’t here yet. Shall I have him call you when he comes back?
—No, I’ll call him back. If I call again in half an hour, do you think she ___ ?
A. had arrived B. has arrived C. will arrive D. will have arrived
1. Why do you look worried?
Fred left the company half an hour ago. His work _D_ unfinished since.
A. left B. was left C. has left D. has been left
* has been left 现在完成时态（since从那到现在）+被动语态
2. —You could have asked Mr. Johnson for help. He is kind-hearted.
—I _B__ that. A whole day ____.
A. forget; wastes B. forgot; was wasted C. forgot; had wasted D. forget; was wasted
*forgot 是指过去忘记了；was wasted 过去式，被动语态。
Open Your Mouth
Speak English Everyday