查看原文
其他

中英双语美文32:你不进取,再好的时代也与你无关


中英双语美文32 | 你不进取,再好的时代也与你无关

At this moment you could be anywhere, doing anything. Instead you sit alone before a screen. 

此刻,你本可以在任何地方做任何事,但你却独自坐在屏幕前。


So what's stopping us from doing what we want? Being where we want to be?

究竟是什么在阻碍我们做想做的事,到想去的地方?


Each day we wake up in the same room and follow the same path, to live the same day as yesterday. 

每天我们都在同样的房间醒来,遵循同样的生活轨迹,过着和昨天同样的生活。


Yet at one time each day was a new adventure. Along the way something changed.

曾几何时每一天都是一场新的冒险。然而某种改变发生了。


We've become disconnected. Idolizing people we've never met.

人们的隔阂越来越深,以至于把从未见过的人当做偶像。


We witness the extraordinary on screens but ordinary everywhere else.

我们见证着屏幕里的伟大事迹,却在自己的生活中处处平凡。

We wait for someone to bring change without ever thinking of changing ourselves.

我们坐等别人改变世界,却从未想过要改变自己。


Stop waiting for change and be the change you want to see.

别再等待改变的到来,去创造你想要看到的改变吧。


We didn't get to this point by sitting on our asses.

我们能拥有今天的一切并不是一路坐着看来的。


We are the faces of all who came before us. And now it is our turn.

所有的前人决定了我们今天的面貌。现在轮到了我们。


You can choose to carve your own path or follow the road countless others have already taken.

你可以选择开辟自己的道路,或是继续无数前人走过的道路。


Life is not a movie. The script isn't already written. We are the writers.

生活不是电影,剧本还未完成。我们就是编剧。


This is your story, their story, our story.

这是你的故事,他们的故事,我们的故事。

您可能也对以下帖子感兴趣

文章有问题?点此查看未经处理的缓存