查看原文
其他

人的一生,只有9年的时间属于你自己



                                           

人的一生中

究竟有多少时间真正是属于我们自己的呢?

最近youtube上有个关于时间的英文演讲,

不到5分钟,却扎了无数人的心。

在继续挥霍时间前,一定静下心来,要花5分钟看看。

                                                                           

                                                                              

https://v.qq.com/txp/iframe/player.html?vid=c0766chpbq2&auto=0


人生有两笔账:一笔经济账,一笔时间账。

演讲者Jay Shetty给我们算了一笔时间账:当你看到下面这组数据时,还会觉得来日方长吗?



如果人的一生平均寿命是78年,我们要花28.3年在睡觉上,仅仅是睡个好觉,就要花掉人生的30%。



按每天8小时算, 我们至少要花10.5年在工作上, 并且超过半数的人想要逃离现在的工作;在社交媒体、电视上消磨掉9年, 做家务要花掉6年,吃吃喝喝要花掉4年, 化妆打扮、购物再花掉2.5年…… 算到最后,看似长长的一生, 真正属于自己的不过短短9年时间。



时间从来也不是什么神偷,它是个老实人,从不偷东西,只顾自己不闻不问往前走。 只是我们虚度了时间,辜负了光阴。


不管是你在吃喝玩乐,还是在学校念书;在努力工作,还是环游世界;在运动也好,在阅读也好,还是在做一些无用的事情也好。 你要明白的是:当你抛出硬币的一面时,永远无法知道被掩盖的反面的样子。选择是有机会成本的,而若你觉得重要,便不算浪费。



无论贫穷富有,男女老少,每一天,都只有24个小时,每个人都只有一个一生。 一年、一个月、一天、一个小时……每一个瞬间都有不可替代的价值,而你要相信:时间总会给你最好的报恩。


这一生,其实只有9年属于自己


When asked “what’s the biggest mistake we make in life?”

当被问及:人生最大的错误是什么

The Buddha replied, “The biggest mistake is you think you have time.”

佛祖回答:最大的错误就是你认为你有时间


Time is free but it’s priceless.

时间是免费的但也是无价的

You can’t own it, but you can use it.

你不能拥有它,但你能够使用它

You can’t keep it, but you can spend it.

你不能储存它,但你能花费它

And once it’s lost you can never get it back.

一旦它消失了,你就再也拿不回来


The average person lives 78 years.

人的一生平均有78年

We spend 28.3 years of our life sleeping.

我们花28.3年在睡觉上

That’s almost a third of our life but 30% of us struggle to sleep well.

差不多花了我们三分之一的时间,但同时有30%的人在为睡个好觉而斗争

We spend 10.5 years of our life working but over 50% of us want to leave our current jobs.

我们花10.5年去工作,但超过50%的人想离开现在的岗位


Time is more valuable than money.

时间比金钱更有价值

You can get more money, but you can never get more time.

你可以赚更多的钱,但却不能赚到更多的时间

We spend 9 years on T.V. and social media.

我们在电视和社交媒体上花费了9年的时间

We spend 6 years doing chores.

花6年的时间在家务上

We spend 4 years eating and drinking.

4年的时间花在吃吃喝喝上

We spend 3.5 years in education.

累计消费3.5年在教育上

We spend 2.5 years grooming.

2.5年花费在打扮上

We spend 2.5 years shopping.

2.5年花费在购物上

We spend 1.5 years in child care.

1.5年的时间花费在呵护孩子

We spend 1.3 years commuting.

1.3年的时间花费在通勤上

That leaves us with 9 years.

剩下留给我们的只有9年的时间


How will we spend that time?

我们将如何消费这些时间呢

Steve Jobs said “your time is limited so don’t waste it living someone else’s life.”

乔布斯说:生命有限,别将它浪费在重复他人的生活上

So there’s good news and there’s bad news.

所以这有好消息也有坏消息

That bad news is time flies, the good news is you’re the pilot.

坏消息是时光飞逝,好消息是你是领航者


Imagine you wake up every day with $86400 in your bank account

想象一下你每天醒来银行账户中有86400美元

and at the end of the night it’s all gone whether you spend it or not.

一天结束后不管你是否消费它们,它们都会消失

And then the next day you get another $86400

第二天你的账户又会拥有86400美元

What would we do with it?

我们将会用它做什么呢

Everyday 86400 seconds are deposited into your life account.

每天86400秒都会存入你的生命账户

At the end of the day once they’re all used up, you get a new 86400 seconds.

一天结束后,第二天你将拥有新的86400秒

We would never waste it if it was money, so why do we waste it when it comes to time?

如果是钱我们绝不会浪费,那为什么我们要浪费时间呢

Those seconds are so much more powerful than dollars because you can always make more dollars, you can’t always make more time.

时间比金钱的力量更大,因为你能赚更多的钱却赚不了更多的时间


To realize the value of 1 year, ask a student who failed a grade.

想知道一年的价值,去问问考试失败的学生

To realize the value of 1 month, ask a mother who lost their child in the final month.

想知道一个月的价值,去问问在分娩前一个月失去孩子的母亲

To realize the value of 1 week, ask the editor of an online magazine.

想知道一周的价值,去问问在线杂志的编辑们

To realize the value of 1 hour, ask the couple who is in a long distance relationship.

想知道一小时的价值,去问问异地恋的情侣们

To realize the value of 1 minute, ask the person who just missed a bus, train or plane.

想知道一分钟的价值,去问问刚刚错过巴士、火车或飞机的人

To realize the value of 1 second, ask the person who just missed an accident.

想知道一秒钟的价值,去问问刚刚幸免遇难的人

To realize the value of a millisecond, ask the person who just came 2nd at the Olympics.

想知道一毫秒的价值,去问问与奥运冠军失之交臂的运动员


We think that’s people wasting our time but it’s really us giving them the permission to do that.

我们认为是别人在浪费我们的时间,其实是我们准许他们这样做

And in reality, these 2 people live inside us.

现实是,我们体内有两个人

Don’t let someone be a priority when all you are to them is an option.

当你对别人而言只是选项时,别将他们排在前面

Some of us lose the people most important to us because we don’t value their time.

我们失去了很多重要的人,因为我们没有珍惜他们

Some of us don’t recognize how important someone is to us until they’re gone.

有时直到失去了才懂得他们有多重要


Inside all of us are 2 voices

我们的内心有两种声音

1 voice that wants to uplift

一种声音鼓励我们上进

1 voice that wants us to expand

鼓励我们丰富自己

1 voice that wants us to grow

鼓励我们不断成长

And there’s another voice

还存在着另一种声音

The voice that holds us back

这种声音令我们退步

The voice that makes us lazy

让我们变得懒惰

The voice that makes us complacent

让我们骄傲自满

The voice that restricts us from our potential

限制了我们的潜能


Every day from the moment we wake up until the moment we go to sleep, inside of us there’s this battle between the 2 voices.

每天从醒来到入睡,这两种声音一直在斗争

And guess which one wins?

猜猜谁赢了

The one that we listen to the most

我们听得最多的那个声音赢了

The one that we feed

我们滋养的那个声音

The one that we amplify

我们加强的那个声音

It is our choice of how we use our time

我们如何使用时间,是我们的选择

Life and time are the best two teachers

生活和时间是最好的两位老师

Life teaches us to make good use of time

生活教会我们更好地使用时间

And time teaches us the value of life

时间教会我们生活的价值


And as William Shakespeare said,

就如莎士比亚说的一样

“Time is very slow for those who want, very fast for those who are scared, very long for those who are sad, and very short for those who celebrate, but for those who love, time is eternal.”

对想要它的人来说,时间很慢;对害怕它的人来说,时间很快;对悲观的人来说,时间很漫长;对充满欢愉的人来说,时间很短暂;但对于爱它的人来说,时间即是永恒


-END-



您可能也对以下帖子感兴趣

文章有问题?点此查看未经处理的缓存