每日口语|经典视听说教材《走遍美国》059
走遍美国是由美国新闻总署赞助,美国麦克米伦公司制作。在数十位英语专家和作者通力合作之下,费了8年(1983-1991)的时间,才制作完成这部划时代的巨作。虽然教材有点久远,但是对于练习口语还是非常的有帮助,大家可以通过以下步骤进行学习。
1. 先看视频,了解大致情节。
2. 再听音频,盲听音频3-5遍,大致听懂。
3. 通过文本,学通全部内容。
4. 再听音频,模仿跟读练习语音和口语。
5. 盲听音频,最后盲听音频尽可能多遍,听出画面感。
Transcript
ACT 2-1 “我有一些心事。”
Ellen: Hello there, Robbie. What are you doing up this late?
Robbie: Reading.
Ellen: Reading? At this hour? Ah, come on.
Robbie. What are you doing up this late?
Robbie: Things on my mind.
Ellen: Do you care to talk about them?
Robbie: Sure, if you don't mind listening.
Ellen: Robbie, Robbie, remember me? I'm your mother. If you have something you want to talk about, I'm always prepared to listen.
Robbie: You haven't been around much lately.
Ellen: So that's it. OK, let's talk.
Robbie: You and Dad are like ships that pass in the night. Dad works hard, and he works late. You work hard on all your committees, and you work late.
Ellen: I thought you were proud of the work I do.
Robbie: I am, Mom Real proud. You are one fantastic mom, but…but I've been noticing how little quality time you spend with Dad and Me …and the family.
Ellen: It's a real problem, Robbie. I know it.
ACT 2-2 “我想我有一个办法。”
Robbie: I'm concerned. There must be a way that Dad and you can spend more time together.
Ellen: Well, we always talk about taking a vacation together -- with the family.
Robbie: I think you ought to take a vacation away from the family -- alone. Kind of a second honeymoon.
Ellen: It would be wonderful, but our schedules won't allow it.
Robbie: I think I have an idea.
Ellen: You do?
Robbie: Yup. I think I have an idea that will bring Dad and you together in a more scheduled way.
Ellen: What is it?
Robbie: Well, you know how Dad is always talking about the kids in the ward and how important it is for them to be paid attention to?
Ellen: Yes.
Robbie: Well…and how hard it is because the doctors and nurses are so busy?
Ellen: Yes.
Robbie: Well, how would it be if you took some time to work with Dad towards solving that problem?
Ellen: I don't get it.
ACT 2-3 “你是个非常聪明的青年人。”
Robbie: Like setting up a regular weekly reading program. You and Dad. You and Dr. Philip Stewart -- going to the children's ward once or twice a week and reading to them.
Ellen: Not bad. Not a bad idea, Robbie. As a matter of fact, it fits right in with something I'm working on right now with the school-board committee.
Robbie: What's that?
Ellen: I've been trying to work out a program in the public school that will bring parents and teachers together once a week to read to the students -- their own children, really. By doing that, it will encourage reading.
Robbie: So it might fit in with a program for reading to the kids in the hospital.
Ellen: You're right. We'll do it! I'm going to talk to Daddy about it right now.
Robbie: But Dad was so exhausted when he came home from work. Why don't you talk to him about it tomorrow?
Ellen: You are a very smart young man, Robbie. I think I'll wait until tomorrow.
Robbie: You won't forget, will you?
Ellen: Believe me, I won't. It is a great idea, and I promise you I won't forget.
Robbie: Thanks, Mom.
Ellen: Thank you, Robbie. [She hugs him.]
参考译文:
Hello there, Robbie.
哈,Robbie。
What are you doing up this late?
这么晚了你还没睡在做什么?
Reading. 读书。
Reading? 读书?
At this hour? 在这个时候?
Ah, come on, Robbie.
噢,算了吧,Robbie。
What are you doing up this late?
这么晚你不睡在干什么?
Things on my mind.
想一些事情。
Do you care to talk about them?
你想谈谈它们吗?
Sure, 当然,
if you don't mind listening.
假如你不介意听的话。
Robbie, Robbie, remember me?
Robbie,Robbie,记得我?
I'm your mother. 我是你母亲。
If you have something you want to talk about,
假如你有什么事情要谈,
I'm always prepared to listen.
我总是准备听的。
You haven't been around much lately.
最近你在家的时候不多。
So that's it.
原来是这件事。
OK, let's talk.
好,让我们谈谈。
You and Dad are like ships that pass in the night.
和爸爸就像在夜里交错而过的船一样。
Dad works hard, and he works late.
爸爸工作忙,而且忙到很晚。
You work hard on all your committees,
而你总是在各种委员会忙,
and you work late.
也工作到很晚。
I thought you were proud of the work I do.
我还以为你为我所做的工作感到骄傲呢。
I am, Mom.
我确实感到骄傲,妈妈。
Real proud.
真的骄傲。
You are one fantastic mom,
你是一位好母亲。
but ... but I've been noticing
但……但我注意到
how little quality time
黄金时光太少了
you spend with Dad and me ... and the family.
和父亲,我……及全家人共度的。
It's a real problem, Robbie.
这确实是个问题,Robbie。
I know it. 我知道。
I'm concerned. 我很担心。
There must be a way
总该有个办法
that Dad and you can spend more time together.
能使你和爸爸有更多时间在一起。
Well, we always talk about
说的也是,我们常在谈论
taking a vacation together--with the family.
要一起渡个假---和全家一起。
I think you ought to
我觉得你们应该
take a vacation away from the family--alone.
离开家人而单独在一起渡个假。
Kind of a second honeymoon.
类似二度蜜月的假期。
It would be wonderful,
那倒是很美妙,
but our schedules won't allow it.
但我们的工作时间表不允许这样。
I think I have an idea.
我有一个主意。
You do? 真的?
Yup. 是的。
I think I have an idea
我想我有一个办法
that will bring Dad and you
使你和爸爸
together in a more scheduled way.
能更定时在一起。
What is it? 是什么主意?
Well, 噢,
you know how Dad is always talking about
知道爸爸时常谈起
the kids in the ward
住院的孩子们
and how important it is for them to be paid attention to?
以及他们何等需要受人关怀?
Yes. 是的。
Well ... 好……
and how hard it is
他还说这件事很难
because the doctors and nurses are so busy?
因为医生和护士们都非常忙?
Yes. 是的。
Well, how would it be if you took some time
好,那你花些时间
to work with Dad towards solving that problem?
和爸爸一起来解决这个问题怎么样?
I don't get it. 我不懂你的话。
Like setting up a regular weekly reading program.
譬如说开办一项每周一次的定期阅读计划。
You and Dad.
你和爸爸。
You and Dr. Philip Stewart--
和Philip Stewart医生---
going to the children's ward once or twice a week
每星期就去小儿科病房一两次
and reading to them.
为他们朗读。
Not bad. 不错。
Not a bad idea, Robbie.
蛮好的主意,Robbie。
As a matter of fact,
事实上
it fits right in with something I'm working on right now
这跟我正在进行的某项小组工作不谋而合
with the school-board committee.
与联合校董事会有关。
What's that?
什么样的工作?
I've been trying
我一直努力
to work out a program
想研拟一项计划
in the public school
在公立学校中
that will bring parents and teachers together once a week
让家长们及教师每星期一次
to read to the students--their own children, really.
共同为学生们---其实就是他们自己的孩子朗读。
By doing that, it will encourage reading.
这样做能鼓励阅读。
So it might fit in with a program
所以这个跟计划相当吻合
for reading to the kids in the hospital.
为住院的孩子朗读。
You're right.
你说得对。
We'll do it!
我们就来进行吧!
I'm going to talk to Daddy about it right now.
我现在就去跟爸爸谈谈这件事。
But Dad was so exhausted when he came home from work.
但爸爸工作回来时已经累得不得了。
Why don't you talk to him about it tomorrow?
何不明天再跟他谈?
You are a very smart young man, Robbie.
你是个绝顶聪明的年轻人,Robbie。
I think I'll wait until tomorrow.
我想我就等明天再谈。
You won't forget, will you?
不会忘记吧?
Believe me, I won't.
放心,我不会的。
It is a great idea,
这是个极好的主意。
and I promise you I won't forget.
我向你保证我不会忘的。
Thanks, Mom. 谢谢,妈妈。
Thank you, Robbie.
谢谢你,Robbie。
声明:除特别注明原创或授权转载文章外,其他文章均源自网络,版权归原作者或平台所有。如涉权属,请后台联系删除或处理版权相关事宜。