TED演讲:如何跳出舒适区?
时长:21:39mins
演讲者:Mel Robbins | 梅尔 罗宾
My name is Mel Robbins, and for the last seventeen years, I have done nothing but help people get everything that they want.
我的名字是梅尔罗宾斯, 在过去的十七年中,我什么都没做,除了帮助人们得到他们想要的一切。
Within reason! My husband's here.
合理范围内啦!我老公在场耶!
So, I've done it in the courtroom, in the boardroom, in the bedroom, in people's living room, whatever room you want to be in, if I'm there, I will help you get whatever you want by any means necessary.
所以,我在法庭上、 会议室里、卧室里、在人们的客厅里, 不管你想在哪个房间,如果我在,我会不择手段帮助你得到任何你想要的。
For the last three years – I host a syndicated radio show.
过去的三年,我主持一个 联网播放的电台节目。
Five days a week, I go live in forty cities and I talk to men and women across America who feel stuck.
每周 5 天,我在 40 个城市现场直播,与美国各地感觉被困住的人们谈话。
Do you know that a third of Americans feel dissatisfied with their lives right now?
你知道在这一刻,有三分之一的美国人 对他们的生活感到不满吗?
That is a hundred million people ! That's insane!
那是 1 亿人啊!简直是疯了!
And I've come face to face with it in this new show that I'm doing,which is also insane, it's called "In-laws".
我在我正在做的一个新节目里面对面看到它了,也是疯了。这个节目叫"亲家"。
I move in with families across America,You guessed it!who are at war with their in-laws.
我去美国各地的家庭和他们同住,你猜对了 !这些家庭正和他们的亲家在对抗呢。
We move them into the same house, I verbally assassinate everybody,we open up Pandora's box,and I get people to stop arguing about the donuts,and who is hosting Thanksgiving dinner,and talk about the real stuff.
我们让他们全都住到同一屋檐下, 我对每个人讲话都很机车,我们会打开潘多拉的盒子,我会让他们别为甜甜圈吵架,或谁来主办感恩节晚餐,并谈论实质的东西。
And that's what I want to talk to you about.
这些也是我想要跟你们谈的。
I'm here for you.
我是为你站在这儿的,
I'm going to tell you everything I know in less than eighteen minutes about how to get what you want.
我要用不到18 分钟的时间, 告诉你我知道的一切有关于如何获得你想要的。
So I want you to take a millisecond right now, and think about what you want.
我现在请你花点时间,想一下你想要什么。
You!And I want you to be selfish.
你 !我要你自私地去想。
Screw Simon and the "We" thing. This is about me, right now!
去你的Simon和"我们"。这是关于我,就现在 !
Sorry, Simon. What do you want? And here's the deal.
抱歉,Simon。你想要什么?这问题要这样看,
I don't want it to sound good to other people.
我不要它听起来冠冕堂皇。
Being healthy will not get your ass on a treadmill.
光是健康有甚么动力? 它不会让你的屁股在跑步机上动起来。
Losing your manboobs, so you can hook up with somebody, now that's motivation.
把你男性乳房给瘦没了, 你才能把到妹子,那才是动力。
So, I want to know: What do you want?
所以,我想知道:你想要什么?
Do you want to lose weight? Do you want to triple your income?
你想减肥吗?你想要你收入翻三倍吗?
Do you want to start a nonprofit? Do you want to find love?
你想要建立一个非营利组织吗?你想要找到真爱吗?
What is it? Get it, right here.
想要什么?留住它,在这里(指脑袋)。
You know what it is, don't analyze it to death, just pick something.
你知道它是什么, 别往死里分析,就选一个。
That's part of the problem. You won't pick.
这是问题的一部分。你没法选择。
So, we're going to be talking about how you get what you want.
所以,我们要谈谈 你如何得到你想要的。
And frankly, getting what you want is simple.
坦白说,得到你想要的,其实很单纯。
But notice I didn't say it was easy.
但注意我没说它很容易。
It's very simple.
它很单纯。
In fact, if you think about it,we live in the most amazing moment in time.
事实上,如果你想一想我们活在一个最令人惊叹的时刻。
So that thing that you have up here, whatever it may be,you want to use healthy eating to cure your diabetes,you want to figure out how to take care of the elders,and start a new hospice center,you want to move to Africa and build a school... Guess what?
你脑袋里想的事,不管它是什么,你想要使用健康饮食治好你的糖尿病,你想要知道如何照顾老年人并成立一个临终关怀中心,你想要去非洲 建立一所学校...你知道么?
You can walk into a book store – right now!
你可以去一家书店 --现在!
and buy at least ten books written by credentialed experts,on how the hell you do it.
至少买十本资深专家写的书,他们会告诉你怎么做。
You could Google it.
你可以谷歌搜索一下。
And you could probably find at least, I don't know - a thousand blogs documenting the step, by step, by step transformation that somebody else is already doing.
你大概可以找到至少,我不知道的一千个部落格,记录着别人 已经一步一步在做的事情。
You can find anybody online and cyber-stalk them!
你可以在网上找到任何人, 然后在网上跟踪他们 !
You can just walk in their footsteps – just use the science of drafting.
你可以跟着他们的脚步走, 就像打草稿一样。
Follow what everyone else has done, because somebody is already doing it!
跟随其他已经做到的人, 因为别人已经办到了 !
So why don't you have what you want,when you have all the information that you need,you have the contacts that you need,there are probably free tools online that allow you to start a business,or join a group, or do whatever the heck you want!?
所以为什么你没有你想要的?当你有你需要的所有信息,你要有需要的门路,搞不好网络上有免费的工具 可以帮助你开创新的事业,或着加入一个团体, 或者做你想要做的任何事情!?
It all comes down to one word:F*©#.
总结一个字,就是:F*©#.
Shut the front door, you know what I'm talking about?
闭嘴,你知道我说什么吗?
The f-bomb. It's everywhere!
F-炸弹。它无处不在 !
You hear it all the time!
你总是听到它 !
I honestly don't understand what the appeal is of the word.
我真心不明白这词的魅力是什么。
I mean, you don't sound smart when you say it.
我是说,你说这词的时候 听起来又不聪明。
And it's really not expressing how you really feel.
它也不真的表达你真实的感受。
It's sort of a cheap shot to take.
它就像便宜的酒。
And of course you know I'm talking about the word "fine".
当然你知道我在说这个词:"fine"(很好)。
"How you doing?" "Oh, I'm fine."
"你好吗?哦,我挺好"。
Oh, really? You are?
哦,真的吗?你是吗?
Dragging around those extra forty pounds, you're fine?
拖着那多余的四十磅,你挺好?
Feeling like roommates with your spouse, and you're fine?
与你的配偶感觉像室友,你挺好?
You haven't had sex in four months, you're fine?
你四个月没做爱了,你挺好?
Really?!
真的?!
I don't think so!
我不这么觉得!
But see, here's the deal with saying that you're fine: It's actually genius.
不过,说你挺好的这事儿呢, 其实蛮天才的。
Because if you're fine, you don't have to do anything about it.
因为如果你挺好, 你不用再做任何改变。
But when you think about this word "fine", it just makes me so angry.
但当你思考一下“挺好”这个词, 它就是让我很生气。
Here we are at a conference about being alive,and you're going to describe the experience of being alive as "fine"?!
我们在这里谈论有关于活着的议题,然后你要描述活着的经验为"挺好"?!
What a flimsy and feeble word!
一个多么轻薄微弱的词啊 !
If you're crappy, say you're crappy!
如果你很糟糕,说你很糟糕 !
If you're amazing say you're amazing!
如果你很厉害,说你很厉害 !
Tell the truth!
说实话 !
And this not only goes for the social construct:
而这不只是用在社交场合:
"Oh, I don't want to burden you with the fact that I hate my life",
"喔,我不想用我讨厌我的人生来烦你",
or: "Hey, I'm amazing! But that would make you feel terrible."
或者:"嘿,我是很厉害 !但这会让你感觉很糟。”
The bigger issue –The bigger issue with "fine" is that you say it to yourself.
更大的问题是 — —"fine"(很好) 最大的问题是 你这么告诉你自己,
That thing that you want, I guarantee you,you've convinced yourself that you're fine not having it.
那个你想要的东西,我像你保证,你已经说服你自己, 没有它,也没关系了。
That's why you're not pushing yourself.
这就是为什么你不逼迫自己。
It's the areas in your life where you've given up.
这就是你在人生中放弃的地方,
Where you've said,"Oh, I'm fine. My mom's never going to change,so I just can't have that conversation."
当你说过,"哦,我挺好,我妈妈永远不会改,所以我不能谈那个"。
"I'm fine. We've got to wait until the kids graduate, before we get divorced,so we'll just sleep in separate bedrooms."
"我挺好。我们得等到孩子们毕业再离婚,所以我们就分房睡"。
"I'm fine. I lost my job, I can barely pay my bills,but whatever – It's hard to get a job."
"我挺好。我丢了我的工作, 几乎付不起账单,但不管了 — — 找到一份工作太难了"。
One of the reasons why this word also just annoys me so much is,scientists have calculated – Oh yeah, I'm coming down! (Laughter)
其中一个原因让我觉得那个字很烦人是,科学家们已经算出 — — 哦耶,我下来了 !(笑声)
Scientists have calculated the odds of you being born.
科学家们已经算出你们 被生下来的机率。
That's right. They've crunched the numbers. I see you up there.
没错。他们已经处理过了... 我看到上边的你了。
They've crunched the numbers on you –
他们对你的出生机率 已经算出来了,
Yeah, you guys standing up, you want to sit down for this.
没错,站起来的那几位, 你最好先坐下来。
They've crunched the numbers on you being born.And they took into account all of the wars,and the natural disasters, and the dinosaurs,and everything else.
他们已经算出来你出生的机率。他们考虑了所有的战争和自然灾害,恐龙,和其他一切。
And do you realize that the odds, the odds of you,
你知不知道这个机率, 你出生的机率,
yeah, right here, put your computer away,
对,就这儿,收起你的计算机,
stand up for me, Doug! (Laughter)
给我站起来,道格 !(笑声)
So the odds of Doug here, turn around, say "hi" to everybody –
所以道格的机率, 转过来和大家说“嗨”
the odds of Doug being born at the moment in time he was born,
道格被生出来的机率在他出生的那一刻,
to the parents you were born to, with the DNA structure that you have,one in four hundred trillion!
父母把你生下来, 让你拥有自己的DNA结构的机率是400兆分之1!
Isn't that amazing? Doug: I'm so lucky!
这不是很厉害吗? (道格:我真幸运 !)
Mel: Yes! You're not fine, you're fantastic!
(梅尔:是的 !你不是挺好,你是很棒 !)
You have life-changing ideas for a reason, and it's not to torture yourself.
你有改变人生的想法是有原因的, 那可不是为了折磨你自己。
Thank you. Thank you, Doug.
谢谢!谢谢你,道格!
Christine was right when she said all of you could be on stage.
当克里斯蒂娜说,你们都可以 站上这个讲台,她是对的,
Because all of you – we're all in this category.
因为你们所有人-- 我们都在这个类别里,
One in four hundred trillion.
400兆分之1。
All day long you have ideas that could change your life,
整天你会有源源不绝的想法 可以改变你的人生,
that could change the world, that could change the way that you feel,
可以改变世界, 可以改变你感觉的方式,
and what do you do with them? Nothing!
而你对它们采取甚么行动?没有!
(Grunts) Hopefully I won't moon you.
(嗯哼)但愿我没露出屁股给你们看。
You didn't pay for that.
你们又没有付钱...
And I want you to just think for a minute, because we all have –
我要你们花点时间想想,因为我们都有...
I love to use the analogy "the inner snooze button" –
我喜欢使用这个比喻 "内在打盹按钮",
you have these amazing ideas that bubble up.
你有很棒的点子不停地冒出来,
You've been watching people all day
你已经看人看了一整天,
and I guarantee you, like ping pong balls – bam-bam-bam
我保证,就像乒乓球 — — 邦、邦、邦 — — 你有这些想法。。。
and everytime you have an idea, what do you do? – Hit the snooze!
每次你有一个想法,你做什么?— — 按下打盹按钮 !
What's the first decision you made this morning?
你今天早上作的第一个决定是什么?
I bet it was to go back to bed.
我敢打赌一定是睡回笼觉。
"Yeah, first decision today, I'm one in four hundred trillion,
"对,今天第一个决定, 我是400兆分之一,
I'm going to go back to sleep."
我要继续睡懒觉了"。
And I get it! Your bed is comfortable! It's cosy, it's warm!
我懂 !你的床很舒服 !很舒适,很温暖 !
If you're lucky, you've got somebody that you love next to you,
如果你幸运的话, 你有个你爱你的人在身边
or in my case, I've got my husband and my two kids and possibly the dog.
或者是我的话,我有我的丈夫 和我的两个孩子,可能还有我们的狗。
And the reason why I'm bringing up this first decision that you made today,
为什么我会提起 你今天作的第一决定
and the inner snooze alarm, is because
和内在的打盹闹钟,是因为
in any area of your life that you want to change,
在你想要改变你生命中的任何领域
any – there's one fact that you need to know.
任何领域 — — 你需要知道一个事实。
This one:
这一个:
You are never going to feel like it.
你永远不会感觉想去做。
Ever.
永远。
No one's coming, motivation isn't happening,
没人来,动力不会出现,
you're never going to feel like it.
你永远不会感觉想去做。
Scientists call it activation energy.
科学家们称它为「活化能」。
That's what they call the force required
他们所指的力量就是
to get you to change from what you're doing
一个让你从自动导航模式
on autopilot to do something new.
转变到做新鲜事的力量。
So try this test tomorrow.
所以明天试试这个测试。
You think you're so fancy, I know, you're attending TED.
你要觉得自己很厉害, 我知道啊,你在参加 TED。
(Laughter) Try this.
(笑声)试试看。
Tomorrow morning, set your alarm for thirty minutes earlier.
明天早上,把你的闹钟设置 提早三十分钟。
And then when it goes off, take those sheets,
然后当它响的时候, 把那些被子毯子丢开,
throw them off, and stand up and start your day.
站起来开始你的一天。
No snooze, no delay,
不贪睡、不迟到
no, "I'll just wait here for five seconds because Mel's not standing here" –
没有,"我就等五秒钟, 因为梅尔没在这里"— —
Do it.
立刻做吧。
And the reason why I want you to do it is because you will come face to face
为什么要你这么做的原因是 因为你会面对面碰上
with the physical, and I mean physical force
生理上的问题,而我的意思是
that's required to change your behavior.
改变你行为所需要的体力。
Do you think that somebody who needs to lose weight
你认为需要减肥的人
ever feels like going on a diet?
曾经感觉过想要节食吗?
Of course not!
当然不会!
You think they ever feel like eating boiled chicken and peas
你认为他们会永远 只吃白煮鸡肉和豌豆
instead of a croissant?
来代替可颂面包吗?
I don't think so!
我可不这么认为!
The activation energy
活化能
required to get your ass away from your computer and out the front door,
需要你移动一下你的屁股 离开计算机,走出去大门口,
to go on the walk, you said that you were going to go on,
出门去散你说过 要去散的那个步,
is the exact same amount of force that it takes you
和把你自己逼出温暖的床,
to push yourself out of a warm bed and into a cold room.
走到外面冰冷的空间, 所需要的力量是同样多的。
What's interesting about being an adult
作为成人有趣的是
is that when you become eighteen,
当你满十八岁,
nobody tells you that it's now going to be your job to parent yourself.
没人告诉你,「管教你自己」 现在变成你的职责了。
And by "parent yourself",
而「管教你自己」的意思是,
I mean it's your job to make yourself do the crap you don't want to do,
你的职责就是让你自己 去做那些你不想做的破事。
so you can be everything that you're supposed to be.
所以,你可以成为 你认为可以成为的人。
And you're so damn busy waiting to feel like it.
而你他妈的这么忙, 想要等你喜欢做的时候才要做?
And you're never going to!
你永远都等不到 !
My son never feels like getting off his DS. That's my job!
我的儿子从来不觉得他玩够了他的任天堂,那是我的工作!
Get off the damn DS!
别玩那该死的任天堂了!
Kendall, clean up the Barbies!
肯德尔,收起你那些芭比娃娃 !
If you're going to have a nude party in my bathroom, at least clean it up!
如果你要在我的浴室开裸趴, 至少先清干净啊 !
(Laughter)
(笑声)
God, chew with your mouth closed! We're not a barn, for crying out loud!
上帝啊,吃东西的时候嘴巴闭起来 !我们又不是谷仓,嘴巴张这大要吓人啊 !
Alright, dinner is coming, get out of the pantry.
好了,晚餐马上好了, 不要再吃零食了,出来。
As parents, and you were a kid,
身为一个父母,当你还是小孩时
your parents make you do the things you don't feel like doing.
你的父母让你做你感觉不想做的事情。
Because you won't. Ever.
因为你不想做,永远都不想。
Not now, not then, not ever!
不是现在,不是等一下,永远不会 !
And even when you get good at something,
就算你对于某件事很在行,
you'll figure out something else you don't want to do.
你也会想出一些你不想做的理由。
And then you'll plateau out, get bored, "I hate this job. Blah blah boring."
然后你就会感到无聊 "我讨厌这个工作 吧啦 吧啦 好无聊~"
But will you look for a new one? No! You'll just bitch about that one.
但你会寻找一个新工作吗?不 !你只会骂那个工作。
It's very, very simple to get what you want.
得到你想要的东西 其实非常非常单纯,
But it's not easy.
但并不容易。
You have to force yourself.
你必须逼迫自己。
And I mean force.
我是说要逼迫。
And the reason why I use the word "force" –
我使用"逼迫"这个词的原因是--
when Roz was up here and talking about the emotion tracking,
当洛兹在这里谈论情感记录
and she had the picture of two sides of the brain –
她有个大脑两边的图片 — —
I look at the brain the exact same way.
我也是这样看待头脑的
Only I describe one side of your brain as autopilot
只是我把头脑的一边看成自动驾驶
and the other side as emergency brake.
另一边是紧急煞车。
That's the only two speeds you get: autopilot, emergency brake.
你有的只有这两个速度:自动模式、 紧急剎车。
And guess which one your brain likes better: autopilot.
猜猜你的大脑较喜欢哪一边:自动模式。
You've had the experience where you've driven to work and you get there
你有过你开车去工作, 然后你到了那里,
and you're like, "Oh my God, I don't remember ever driving here."
你突然觉得"喔天哪, 我不记得我曾开车来过这里"。
(Laughter)
(笑声)
You weren't drunk! That was your brain on autopilot.
你没喝醉 !是你的大脑在自动模式。
It was functioning just at this level.
它就是在这个程度运作的。
And the problem with your mind is that anytime
你头脑的问题是,在任何时候
you do anything that's different from your normal routine,
你只要做任何异于平常做的事,
guess what your brain does — emergency brake!
猜猜你的大脑会做什么 — — 紧急剎车 !
And it has that reaction for everything. Everything!
并且它对一切都有这种反应。一切 !
You walk into the kitchen and see
你走进厨房,看到
everybody's left their breakfast dishes for you.
每个人都留了他们的 早餐盘要给你洗。
And you think for the hundredth time, "I'm going to kill them.
你有一百次想"我要杀了他们。
In fact I'm gonna leave it here and I'm going to make them do it."
实际上,我要把这些留在这里, 我要让他们来洗"
But that's not your normal routine, is it?
但是那不是你平常会做的事,对吗?
So your mind goes: emergency brake!
所以你的头脑立刻:紧急剎车 !
And you go right into autopilot.
然后你又回到自动模式。
"I'll just load it, and be pissed, and then not have sex.
"我就扛下来自己做, 然后自己气得要死,然后没性生活。
That's what I'm going to do." (Laughter) (Applause)
然后做到死,活该。"(笑声)(掌声)
So, when I say "force",
所以,当我说,"逼迫",
anything that's a break from your routine is going to require force.
任何不是你平常会做的事都需要逼迫。
And if you think about your life,
如果你想想看你的人生
it's kind of funny because we are kids and then we become adults,
其实还蛮好笑的,因为我们是小孩, 然后我们变成大人
and we spend so much time trying to push our life
我们花那么多时间试图将我们的人生
into some sort of stable routine,
推入某种稳定的常规,
and then we grow bored of it!
然后我们觉得这很无聊 !
You wake up at the same time every day, you have largely the same breakfast,
每天你在同一时间醒来, 吃一份很相同的早餐,
you drive to work the same way, show up at work, look busy,
你用同样的方式开车去上班, 在公司出现,表现很忙,
avoid making calls, update Facebook,
逃避打电话,更新下 Facebook,
you attend a meeting and doodle the whole time,
你去参加会议,会议时间都在涂鸦,
go back and update Facebook, make plans for the evening,
回去再更新 Facebook,为傍晚做个计划
you look busy some more, then drive home the same way,
你看起又更忙一些, 然后用同样的方式开车回家,
you eat largely the same dinner or a variety of it,
你吃很相同的晚餐或它的其中一种,
you watch the same kind of media,
你看同样的媒体,
and then you go to bed, and do the same thing all over again!
然后你去睡觉,再做同样的事 !
No wonder you're bored out of your mind!
难怪你无聊到想发疯 !
It's the routine that's killing you.
刻板的生活慢慢把你杀了。
I have this theory about why people get stuck in life.
我有个为什么人在 生活中被困住的理论。
So, most of you've probably taken your Basic Psych 101 class,
你们大多数可能 已经上过心理学入门的课,
and you've bumped into Abraham Maslow's "Hierarchy of Needs"?
已经了解亚伯拉罕.马斯洛的 "需求层次"?
Well, your body is kinda cool. Because you have these basic needs.
那么,你的身体是挺酷的。因为你有这些基本需求。
And your body is wired to send you signals.
而你的身体向你发出信号。
If you need food, what do you feel?
如果你饿,需要食物,你什么感觉?
If you need water, what do you feel?
如果你需要水,你什么感觉?
If you need sex, what do you feel? (Laughter) Thank you.
如果你需要做爱, 你什么感觉?(笑声)谢谢。
I think when you feel stuck or dissatisfied in your life,
我认为,当你感觉卡住 或不满你的人生,
it's a signal.
这是一个信号。
And it's not a signal that your life is broken.
这信号并不是说 ”你的人生完蛋了”。
It's a signal that one of your most basic needs are not being met.
它是说“一个你最基本 的需求未得到满足”。
Your need for exploration.
你需要去探索。
Everything about your life, about your body, grows!
你生活的一切、 身体的一切都会成长!
Your cells regenerate, your hair, your nails,
你的细胞、你的头发、你的指甲
everything grows for your entire life.
每一样在你的人生中都会成长。
And your soul needs exploration and growth.
而你的灵魂需要探索和成长。
And the only way you'll get it is by forcing yourself to be uncomfortable.
而你唯一要得到它的方法, 就是强迫自己不舒服。
Forcing yourself to get outside,
强迫自己到外面去,
out of your head. Thank you.
离开你的脑袋,谢谢。
If you're in your head, you're behind enemy lines.
如果你在你的脑袋里, 你在封锁线后方。
That is not God talking, okay? It's not!
那不是上帝在说话,好吗?不是 !
In fact, if I put a speaker on it and we broadcast what you say to yourself,
事实上,如果我放个喇叭在上面, 然后广播一下你对自己说些什么,
we would institutionalize you. (Laughter)
我们会把你抓进精神病院去。(笑声)
You would not hang out with people that talk to you
你不会跟讲话方式
the way you talk to yourself.
跟你一样的人出去闲逛。
So get out of your head!
所以到你的脑袋外面去!
Your feelings! Your feelings are screwing you!
你的感觉 !你的感觉在害你 !
I don't care how you feel! I care about what you want!
我不在乎你的感觉 ! 我在乎的是你想要什么 !
And if you listen to how you feel,
如果你听从你的感受,
when it comes to what you want – you will not get it.
那么你想要的 — — 你不会得到它。
Because you will never feel like it.
因为你永远不会感觉到喜欢它。
And you need to get outside your comfort zone.
而你需要到你的舒适圈以外。
It's not about taking risks,
这跟冒险无关,
it's about getting outside your comfort zone.
这跟走出你的舒适圈有关。
Those first three seconds when you push yourself out of bed, they blow.
你逼自己起床的头三秒真是难熬。
But once you're up, it's great.
但一旦你起来了,就很棒。
Those first three seconds when you're sitting here in a stadium like this
那些头三秒,当你坐在这儿 像这样一个体育场
and somebody says, "Get up and come dance,"
然后有人说,"起来跳舞啊"
and you think, "Oh, I should do that,"
你想,"哦,我应该去跳,"
and then you're like, "Uhmm."
然后你想,"算了..."
That experience that you had when you had the impulse to do it
那个经验,当你有冲动想去跳
and then you didn't do the activation energy
但你没用启动所需的「活化能」
required to force yourself,
来逼迫自己,
your emergency brake got pulled – "I'm sitting right here.
你的紧急剎车被拉起来 — —"我就坐在这里。
I'm not going up with those crazy people, I don't like to dance..."
我才不要去和那些疯子瞎搅和, 我不喜欢跳舞..."
What happened for me is I came up, and I bumped into Rachel,
我发生的是,我上去了, 然后我遇到雷切尔
and then we started talking, and next thing you know, she's tweeting.
然后我们开始聊天, 接着你就发现,她在玩推特
And we're friends. And – boom! Get outside.
然后我们是朋友了。然后 — — 砰 !到外面去。
That's where the magic is.
那是魔力存在的地方。
That's where the one in four hundred trillion exists.
那是400兆分之一的人该待的地方。
So everything I do – oh, OK, this is the last part. Sorry.
所以,我做的一切-- 哦,好,这就是最后一部分。抱歉。
So one more thing that you can use, I call it the five-second-rule.
还有个你能用的, 我叫它五秒钟规则。
Your mind can process a facial expression in 33 milliseconds.
你的头脑,33 毫秒就可以处理一个面部表情。
It can move pretty damn quick.
它能运作得很快。
The other thing that it does very quickly,
另一件它做得很快的事,
is if you have one of those little impulses that are pulling you,
就是,如果你有一个拉扯你的那些小冲动
if you don't marry it with an action within five seconds,
如果你没有在五秒内采取行动
you pull the emergency brake and kill the idea.
你就会拉起紧急剎车, 并杀死了这个想法。
Kill it!
杀了 !
If you have the impulse to get up and come dance while the band is playing,
如果乐队在表演的时候, 你有冲动要上来跳舞,
if you don't stand up in five seconds,
如果你在 5 秒内不站起来,
you're going to pull the emergency brake.
你就会拉起紧急剎车。
If you have an impulse about,
如果你有一个冲动,
you were inspired by somebody's speech today,
像是,你今天受到某人的演讲而得到启发,
and you don't do something within five seconds
你如果没在五秒之内做些什么...
– write a note, send yourself a text –
— — 写在便条纸上,寄一封简讯给自己 — —
anything physical to marry it with the idea,
任何根据这个想法上的身体行动,
you will pull the emergency brake and kill the idea.
你将拉起紧急剎车并杀了这个想法。
Your problem isn't ideas. Your problem is you don't act on them.
你的问题不是想法本身, 是你没有去执行它们。
You kill them. It's not my fault. It's not anybody's fault.
你杀了它们。这不是我的错。这不是任何人的错。
You're doing it to yourself. Stop it!
你在自做自受,停止这样做!
I'm counting on you. One in four hundred trillion.
我相信你, 400 兆分之一。
You got stuff to do!
你会有事要做!
And it's not going to happen in your head.
而它不会发生在你的脑袋里。
So I want you to practice this today.
所以我想让你今天练习一下。
When we go off to party, thank God it's coming soon,
当我们去派对的时候, 感谢上帝派对快开始了,
because I think we all could use a cocktail,
因为我觉得我们都可以喝杯鸡尾酒,
I want you to practice the five-second-rule.
我要你练习五秒钟规则。
You see somebody and you think you have an impulse,
你看到某人,你觉得你有一种冲动,
they look interesting? Walk over there!
他们看起来有趣?走过去 !
You were inspired by somebody and you have a request?
你因为受到某人的鼓舞, 然后你有一个请求?
Make it!
提出来 !
That's why you're here!
那是你在这里的原因啊 !
Experiment with it, and I think you'll be shocked about what happens.
试验一下,我想你会被 所发生的事而感到震惊的。
And one more thing, I want you to know that everything that I do,
还有件事,我想让你知道 我做的这一切
whether it's the radio show, or the television show,
无论是电台节目,电视节目,
or the book that I wrote, or the column,
还是我写的这本书或着专栏,
it's for you.
都是为了你们。
And if there is anything that I can do,
如果有什么是我能做的
if I can do anything to make you do the things you don't want to do,
如果我可以做什么 来逼你做你不想做的事情,
so you can have what you want, I will do it.
使你可以得到你想要的,我会去做。
But you need to walk over, you need to open your mouth,
但是你必须要走过来,张开你的嘴
and you need to make the request.
你需要提出这个请求。
You got it? Good. Go do it.
明白了?很好,去做吧!
(Applause)
(掌声)
Thank you! Thank you, yes! Stand up!
谢谢!谢谢你,是的 !站起来!
You have the impulse, stand up! Thank you!
你有这冲动,就站起来 !谢谢!
RECOMMEND
推荐阅读353篇Ted英文演讲视频集合,收藏~
69篇经典BBC纪录片合集,收藏学习吧!
《纽约时报》年度十大好书,2019最值得看的英文书单!
54部经典经典英文名著合集,收藏贴~2010年代豆瓣十佳经典影片!全部9.0分以上(附资源)
330篇双语阅读美文合集,赶紧收藏!