University Put International Students Dormitory on lock down
Notice on the Lockdown Management Upon Intl. Student Dormitory
Currently, the new coronavirus is still spreading and raging in Wuhan, the prevention and control situation is still under great pressure. According to the requirements for epidemic prevention and control by Hubei Health Committee and Hubei Provincial Department of Education, in order to ensure the safety of international students through the epidemic prevention and control period, and to ensure the health and safety of all students, School of International Education will implement a 24-hour lockdown management upon International Student Dormitory Parks from January 26, 2020. The specific arrangements are as follows:
1. International Student Dormitory Parks (including Buildings 7, 8, 9 and 1, 2, 3, 4 in the North District) will be closed all day long. International students are not allowed to leave the park without permission.
2. The delivery system for students' meals: students need to apply at the Student Center (Duty Point), and meals will be delivered by the cafeteria. The school canteen can provide meal delivery services as follows:
For lunch, please apply at the Duty Point between 11:00 and 13:00. Student Center will order meals from the canteen collectively at 13:00, and you can pick up the meal in the corresponding dormitory area around 13:30. Applications for ordering lunch will not be accepted after 13:00.
For dinner, please apply at the Duty Point between 16:00 and 18:00. Student Center will order meals from the canteen at 18:00. You can pick up food at the corresponding dormitory area around 18:30. Applications for ordering lunch will not be accepted after 18:00.
3. Purchase of urgently needed living materials: apply at the Student Center(Duty Point), Student Center will purchase and distribute it uniformly.
Specific method: Please fill the purchase list at the Student Center before 10:00 am every day. Student Center will send someone to the nearby supermarket to make a collective purchase. You can pick it up from the Student Center after 14:00. To reduce the risk of infection, the purchase will be made only once a day. Purchase requests filled after 10:00 will be purchased separately at the same time the next day (We are now in a special period, due to limited manpower and vehicle space, the Student Center only accepts purchases of necessities. For snacks and other non-essentials, Student Center will refuse to purchase, thank you for understanding).
4. Student Center needs to examine the temperature of students once a day. Your cooperation will be appreciated.
5. Students returning to school in this period will be sent to the designated place by school for quarantine and observation for 14 days.
6. In case of fever, cough and other symptoms, please report to the Student Center. If your friend in the same dormitory is sick, please actively cooperate with the investigation and quarantine. (For students on campus: school hospital runs 24-hour, or you may go to Student Center for help)
7. Notes for students in dormitories:
(1) This new type of coronavirus is highly infectious. The infected people at an early stage may not have obvious symptoms but are still infectious. Therefore, please stay in your dormitory for self-isolation. It is strictly forbidden to enter other students' room;
(2) Wear a mask, wash your hands frequently, disinfect frequently, drink plenty of water every day, and put on a light diet;
(3) Do physical exercise indoor;
(4) Pay attention to the hygiene of your dormitory and ensure that the dormitory is frequently ventilated;
(5) Use electricity safely and be alert to fire hazards. It is strictly forbidden to use electric blankets, radiators, fast heating, and other high-powered forbidden appliances.
8. Due to the epidemic, the school has postponed the start time of the 2019-2020 Academic Year Spring Semester. During this period, please continue your disciplinary and Chinese language learning.
9. Advice for ticket booking: For the students who are back at home, it is recommended NOT to book a ticket now. Please wait for the school's notification when the situation is stable.
10. The end of this lockdown management will be notified separately. If there is an emergency during the lockdown management period, please call 15527459762 or 027-59830300.
All the measures above are based on the consideration of your health and safety. Your cooperation will be greatly appreciated!
School of International Education
Hubei University of Technology
January 27, 2020