FAQs on 2020 Scholarship Application Shanghai University
Enrollment and Program Development Office，College of International Exchange，Shanghai University
A: To be eligible, applicants must
- be a citizen of a country other than the People’s Republic of China, and be in good health;
-be a high school graduate under the age of 25 when applying for undergraduate programs;
-be a bachelor’s degree holder under the age of 35 when applying for master’s programs;
-be a master’s degree holder under the age of 40 when applying for doctoral programs;
-be under the age of 45 and have completed at least two years of undergraduate study when applying for general scholar programs;
-be a master’s degree holder or an associate professor (or above) under the age of 50 when applying for senior scholar programs.
A: Applicants who are currently studying for a degree are not eligible to apply for a scholarship. Applicants who are going to graduate and apply for a higher degree can apply for a scholarship at the same time.
A: Kinds of scholarships are provided under the list 多种类奖学金可供选择:
A: You can log in our website www.apply.shu.edu.cn to search your interested major.
A: No. scholarship students can’t change their majors in principle.
A: Generally, an applicant must meet departmental standards set for the selected program of study.
For undergraduate programs, there is no special departmental requirement except Fine Arts and Music.
But requirements for admission to the postgraduate programs are different. The Letter of Supervisor Acceptance is required when applying for postgraduate programs.
A: Yes. You have to meet the requirement under the main list:
A: Yes. Kinds of programs under the main list are delivered in English.
A: Yes. TOEFL or IELTS scores are required if English is not the applicant’s native language. A minimum score of 90 is recommended for the Internet Based TOEFL exam and a score of 6.5 or higher is recommended for the IELTS (Academic).
A：Yes. For applicants who apply for the Bachelor’s programs, priority will be given to those who perform excellence on the College Ability Test. 有，本科项目申请人可以参加我们的奖学金选拔考试。
For applicants who apply for postgraduate programs, the interview will be taken by SHU experts.
A: The SHU online application for scholarship will be open on December 31, 2019.
A: Yes. The Shanghai University online application for scholarship will be closed on April 15, 2020.
Note：The deadline of scholarship application for School of Economics is March 31, 2020.
A: Before June 30th. 预计在6月30日前。
A: No. please do not send your paper application documents.
A: No. Applicants need to finish two sessions of online application.
A: SHU Agency Code：10280. 上海大学的机构代码是 10280。
A：Step 1: Log in to the online application system of Shanghai University (http://www.apply.shu.edu.cn) and choose the major you want to apply for.
Step 2: Viewing the introduction and research direction in the tutor list under the major .
Step 3: Choosing a prospective tutor online.
Step 4: The system will automatically send your information to the tutor's email address, please wait and check the processing results online. If you are accepted by tutor, your application. will be processed. If you are not accepted, then you will be brought back to the tutor selection page and choose a new tutor.
---Write to someone with approximately the correct expertise in your area of interest. Do not send the mass mails.
--- Have a very clear idea of the area you want to research.
---attach more documents like academic paper or technical report to demonstrate your competence.
--- Be polite.
Good luck with your supervisor hunt!
A: The system will send an automatic response notifying applicants the application status. Please make sure your email box work well in China. If you do not receive any response one week later after your application, please contact the recruiter by e-mail or phone.
A: The final result will be published at the website: www.apply.shu.edu.cn.
A: Yes, you need to pay the non-refundable application fee RMB 500 if you apply for scholarship at SHU online application system.
A: It covers tuition fee, on-campus accommodation, stipend, comprehensive medical insurance.
A: Only tuition waiver and comprehensive medical insurance.部分奖学金包括：学费和保险费。
A: All applicants of degree programs must pay the tuition deposit RMB 5000 after receiving the E-admission notice. The following types of students can be exempted from paying the tuition deposit:
1) Chinese government scholarship students (Program Category Type A only); Program Category Type A generally refers to scholarship programs responsible by authorities other than Chinese universities. Applicants of Type A programs are requested to fill in the ‘Agency Number’ of above mentioned agencies (e.g. Chinese Embassy in your country). Applications of Type A will be reviewed by these agencies;
2) Degree students recommended by partner institutions of Shanghai University.
1）中国政府奖学金常规项目 (Type A类)，Type A一般指除中国高校外其他受理机构负责招生的奖学金项目。此类项目的申请人须填写相应受理机构（如中国驻某国大使馆）的“受理机构编码”，所提交的申请将由相应受理机构进行审核；
A: All applicants of degree programs must pay the tuition deposit after receiving the E-admission notice within 20 working days. If the payment is not completed within 20 days, it would be regarded as giving up. Those who obtain scholarship after deposit payment can get refund after registration. For detailed deposit policies, please refer to Policies on Tuition Deposit Payment for Shanghai University International Students.
A:Yes, the tuition deposit will be refunded in circumstances outlined below.
1) Scholarship Students who have paid deposit. The scholarship students whose scholarship covers full tuition fee can get refund based on the actual amount that university has received to Chinese bank accounts only in RMB after registration at Shanghai University. The service fee and the exchange rate difference will be charged.
2) Withdrawing your application within 30 days after the successful deposit payment to Shanghai University bank account. The actual paid amount will be refunded to your Chinese bank accounts only in RMB. The service fee and the exchange rate difference will be charged.
3) University cancels program. If the University cancels program for which the applicant has accepted an offer, then all fees paid will be refunded to the applicant’s Chinese bank accounts only in RMB.
4) Refusal of a student visa. Those who fail to get visa due to non-personal reasons and provide the official statement of visa rejection from the embassy or consulate before the deadline of registration (11 Sep, 2020), the actual paid amount will be refunded to your Chinese bank accounts only in RMB. The service fee and the exchange rate difference will be charged.
A:The deposit is non-refundable in the following circumstances:
1) Withdrawing your application after 30 days after the successful deposit payment to Shanghai University bank account. The deposit will not be refunded.
2) Admitted students but never register. For any admitted students who paid tuition fee deposit, but never register at Shanghai University, the deposit will not be refunded.
3) Those who fail to apply visa due to personal reasons, the deposit will not be refunded;
4) Current Students who transfer out or withdraw. The current students who apply for university transfer or withdrawal after registration will not get refund.
A: International students who will study in China for more than 180 days are required to apply for the X1 visa at your nearest Chinese Embassy or Consulate.
A: For X1 visa application, the original Letter of Admission and Foreign Student Visa Application Form (JW201 or JW202) will be delivered by university. JW201 form is only provided for CSC scholarship candidates.
A: No. International students are forbidden to work in China with X visa.
A: No. Accompanying relative is limited to spouse of international students.
A: You can choose to live on campus or off campus.您可以选择校内住宿或校外住宿。
A: You will live in the international students’ dorm.
A: The accommodation on campus is arranged by Shanghai University. Scholarship students can’t choose the room type.
A: Yes. The reception desk runs 24 hours. If you reserved, you can check in with your admission notice.
A: Legal real estate agency will be recommended by the Department of Residence Halls. But the direct assistance with off-campus housing is not available.
CIE provides various services for international students. Please feel free to contact us if you need any assistance.
A: Contact coordinator in the International Students Enrollment Office in College of International Education. Ms. LIU Yuan,Tel：+86-021-66136615,Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
请联系国际教育学院国际学生招生办公室招生专员刘圆老师 联系电话：+86-21-66136615 ，电子邮箱：email@example.com。
A: Go to the International students service center in V building, Baoshan Campus
A: 8:00 am---11:30 am
1:00 pm---4:40 pm
Scan with WeChat to
follow the Official Account
use this Mini Program