查看原文
其他

【学英语】科比:亲爱的篮球

LBJonly3 乐不老詹姆斯 2019-05-20

Dear Basketball,

亲爱的篮球,

From the moment I started rolling my dad’s tube( [tjuːb] 管状物) socks

从小时候我将父亲的筒袜卷成球状

And shooting imaginary game-winning shots In the Great Western Forum( [ˈfɔːrəm] 论坛,公共讨论场所)

假装着我在大西部论坛球馆投中制胜球的样子

I knew one thing was real:

我就清楚明白了这一点:

I fell in love with you.

我爱上你了

A love so deep I gave you my all —

我爱你如此之深,已奉献我的所有

From my mind and body to my spirit and soul.

包括我的思想、身体,我的精神和灵魂

As a six-year-old boy deeply in love with you

六岁的我爱你如此之深

I never saw the end of the tunnel( [ˈtʌnl] 隧道).

以致于我从未预想过这段旅程结束时的样子

I only saw myself running out of one.

我只看到自己一直奔跑其中

And so I ran.

所以我不停的跑


I ran up and down every court after every loose( [luːs]零散的,未固定的) ball for you.

每场比赛、每个球权我都拼命力争

You asked for my hustle( [ˈhʌsl],忙碌喧嚣)

你需要我拼尽全力

I gave you my heart

我为你奉上了我的心

Because it came with so much more.

因为这总是让我更加地受益良多

I played through the sweat and hurt

我为打球流尽血汗、带着一身伤病

Not because challenge called me

不是因为困难在挑战我

But because YOU called me.

而是因为你在呼唤我

I did everything for YOU

我已经为你做了一切

Because that’s what you do

因为你也是这样对待我

When someone makes you feel as alive as you’ve made me feel.

因为你让我感觉到自己活得如此鲜明

You gave a six-year-old boy his Laker dream

你让一个6岁的孩子实现了他的湖人梦

And I’ll always love you for it.

为此我将永远爱你。


But I can’t love you obsessively(obsessive [əbˈsesɪv] 着迷的) for much longer.

但是我不能再如此迷恋你了

This season is all I have left to give.

这个赛季是我所能给的仅有的

My heart can take the pounding

我的心还能继续承受各种打击

My mind can handle the grind( [ɡraɪnd]苦差事)

我的意志也还能继续坚持下去

But my body knows it’s time to say goodbye.

但我的身体让我知道是时候说再见了

And that’s OK.

这也很好

I’m ready to let you go.

我已经做好准备跟你说再见了

I want you to know now

我现在只是想让你知道

So we both can savor(['seɪvə(r)]使...有味) every moment we have left together.

我们俩都可以永远珍藏着一起共筑过的回忆

The good and the bad.

无论是好的,还是坏的

We have given each other

我们已经给予了彼此

All that we have.

我们所能付出的一切

And we both know, no matter what I do next

我们也都知道,接下来无论我去做什么

I’ll always be that kid with the rolled up socks

我都会是那个卷起筒袜的孩子

Garbage can in the corner

角落里依旧立着的垃圾桶

5 seconds on the clock

墙上的倒计时还剩5秒

Ball in my hands.

球就在我

5 … 4 … 3 … 2 … 1

5秒…4秒…3秒…2秒…1秒


Love you always,

一直爱你的,

Kobe

科比


关注本公众号乐不老詹姆斯(ID:LBJonly3),随时查看更多精彩资讯:


【英汉】名宿退役感人演讲集锦(回复 英语 获取看NBA学英语栏目)


《细节》科比谈科比


《细节》科比谈字母哥


《细节》科比谈伦纳德


《细节》科比谈哈登

(更多《细节》视频还可以关注本公众号回复 细节 获取)


NBA权力的游戏最新S605:德克接班人&湖人交易闹剧

(还可以关注本公众号回复 权游 获取所有NBA权游视频)


欧文:偏执和倔强的传承


老詹和字母哥的有趣互动(全明星选人)

    您可能也对以下帖子感兴趣

    文章有问题?点此查看未经处理的缓存