【视频】注意缺陷多动障碍:多动症
Hi, my name is Lindsey.
嗨,我叫林赛。
And welcome to my life.
欢迎来到我的生活。
I have attention deficit hyperactivity disorder, also known as ADHD.
我患有注意力缺陷多动障碍,也被称为ADHD。
You might have heard it before.
你可能以前听过这个词。
Maybe from your psychology class, your friend, or even online.
也许在心理学课上,从朋友那里,或者是在网上听说过。
At some point in your life, I'm sure you've had difficulties sitting still in lecture, paying attention while studying,
我敢肯定,你一定会有某个无法安静地坐在座位上,认真学习的时刻,
or being engaged in impulsive behaviors.
或想要冲动地去做什么的感觉。
However, when these behaviors persist over time, they become signs of ADHD, a neurodevelopmental condition.
然而,当这些行为持续一段时间后,它们就会发展成ADHD,这是一种神经发育状况。
ADHD affects various aspects of my life.
ADHD对我的生活产生了极大的影响。
Typically, I've trouble focusing and can become easily distracted.
一般来说,我很难集中注意力,也就是很容易分心。
This is known as an attentiveness.
我很难专心干一件事情。
I also have trouble sitting still for short periods of time known as hyperactivity.
我也很难控制自己在短时间内安静地坐着,也就是有所谓的多动症。
I've been told that I can get impulsive at times.
有人跟我说,我有时很冲动。
Often, my body acts before my mind which can lead to unwise decision making, inability to ignore danger,
通常,我的身体在大脑发出信号之前就会行动,所以,我经常会做出一些不理智的决定,给自己带来麻烦,
and inability to learn from previous mistakes.
而且也很难从以前的错误中吸取教训。
But what's really taking in my head to make me, well, me.
但我明白,一直都是我自己在控制自己的大脑。
ADHD can be explained by physiological and neurochemical mechanisms.
ADHD可以用生理和神经化学机制来解释。
How about I show you?
一起来看看。
Let's look into the brain for a second.
让我们来研究一下大脑。
At the front exists the prefrontal cortex, which is part of the frontal lobe and contributes to complex behavior, planning,
前额叶皮质位于前额叶,它是额叶的一部分,参与复杂的行为、计划、
and personality development.
和个性发展。
Individuals with ADHD, like me, tend to have a smaller right side compared to the left, resulting in small right brain activity.
像我这样的ADHD患者,与左侧相比,右侧部分往往较小,导致右侧大脑活动较弱。
A study showed that 90% of ADHD children also had right cortical lesions.
一项研究表明,90%的ADHD儿童都有右侧皮质损害。
In another study, children with ADHD were also diagnosed with hypoperfusion, known as low blood flow in the frontal lobe,
在另一项研究中,患有ADHD的儿童也诊断出患有低灌注症,即额叶低血流,
while there was high blood flow in those occipital and temporal cortices.
而枕叶和颞叶皮质的血流量较高。
Now let's delve even deeper on the neurochemical side.
现在,让我们更深入地研究神经化学方面的问题。
Norepinephrine, a stress hormone that activates our fight-or-flight response, and its precursor dopamine,
去甲肾上腺素,一种激活我们战斗或逃跑反应的压力荷尔蒙,及其前体多巴胺,
a chemical that contributes to our pleasure and reward system, are both neurotransmitters and are found in low levels in ADHD patients.
一种有助于产生愉悦和奖励机制的化学物质,都是神经递质,但在ADHD患者中的水平均较低。
Both dopamine and norepinephrine also contribute to maintaining thoughts, alertness, effort, motivation, and increased focus.
多巴胺和去甲肾上腺素也有助于保持思维、警觉、努力、动力和集中注意力。
So, it's easy to see why low levels of these two would affect individuals like me.
因此,很容易理解为什么低水平的这两种物质会影响像我这样的人。
This is my doctor, Dr. Miranda.
这是我的医生,米兰达医生。
She can tell you more about some treatments I've done and I'm using now.
她可以告诉你更多我曾做过或现在正在使用的方法。
Hi Lindsey, there are two general types of treatments for ADHD that treat different aspects of ADHD: pharmacological and psychosocial treatments.
林赛,你好,有两种治疗ADHD的方法:药物治疗和心理社会治疗。
So what do each of these treatments address?
那么,每一种治疗方法都针对的是什么?
Great question!
问得好!
Pharmacological treatments have more of a direct impact on the neurochemistry side of ADHD, as discussed earlier.
如前所述,药物治疗对ADHD的神经化学方面有更直接的影响。
Medications like amphetamine are stimulants.
像安非他明这样的药物其实都有可以让你更兴奋的作用。
Stimulants are the most effective treatment for ADHD and have a responsiveness rate of 70 to 80%.
兴奋剂是治疗ADHD最有效的药物,其反应率为70%至80%。
What they do is they block the absorption of dopamine and norepinephrine.
它们所做的是阻止多巴胺和去甲肾上腺素的吸收。
So, they keep their levels high.
因此,它们的含量要高。
How about psychosocial treatments you mentioned?
那心理社会治疗呢?
So cognitive behavioral therapy or CBT is a type of psychosocial treatment that can be done individually or in groups.
认知行为疗法或CBT是一种心理社会治疗的方法,适用于个人,也可以适用于集体。
CBT is designed to promote self-control behaviors through self-reflection and control strategies like time management.
CBT旨在通过自我反省和时间管理等控制策略来促进自我控制行为。
So, an advantage of group therapy is that it allows children the opportunity to improve their behaviors without the use of medication.
因此,团体治疗的一个优势是,它让孩子们有机会在不使用药物的情况下改善他们的行为。
It is actually the preferred method for children under the age of seven.
这实际上是七岁以下儿童的首选治疗方法。
Because before this age, you haven't yet fully developed your self-regulation abilities.
因为在这个年龄,一个人还没有完全发展出自我调节能力。
Wow, thank you for making everything clearer in terms of choice of treatments.
哇,谢谢你,解释得很清楚。
I personally find CBT helpful for myself.
我个人觉得,CBT对我而言是很有帮助的。
But everyone is different.
但每个人的情况不一。
Yeah, absolutely, Lindsay!
是啊,当然!
Anytime you or your friends have any questions, always feel free to come to us.
如果你们还有什么疑问,可以随时来问我。
We can help you out.
我们可以帮你摆脱困境。
Thanks doc, have a great day!
谢谢医生,祝你度过愉快的一天!