For over 20 years, I don't think I slept more than four hours.
过去的20多年里,我每天的睡眠时间可能不超过4小时。
It's these memories that wake you up at night, in cold sweats.
战争的记忆常常会让我半夜惊醒,一身冷汗。
It's memories.
就是回忆。
If there are people who wanted to start a war, then these are people who never saw a war.
如果有人想要战争开始的话,那这些人一定没有见过战争的样子。
Two, three, four hours every night.
一般每晚睡2小时到4小时。
It was tearing me apart.
这让我很痛苦。
Oh, so tired and I was going crazy.
天哪,我太累了,我要疯了。
And I saw myself going down a path that would take me away from my sons.
我发现再这样下去,我可能就没法陪我的孩子们继续生活了。
So, I said okay.
因此我对自己说振作起来。
There were times in my life where I was in a dark place.
曾经有一段时期,我长期生活在黑暗的环境里。
And I didn't know if I was going to see the sun again.
我不知道自己是否还能重新看见太阳。
I thought maybe this was gonna be my last day on earth.
我会想,这可能是我在地球上的最后一天。
I realized, that through education we can change the world, not through guns.
我意识到,通过教育,我们可以改变世界,而不是通过手里的武器。
Babies are born with no hate.
孩子们生来是没有仇恨的。
I don't think education should teach children to hate anybody.
我认为教育不应该用来教孩子怎样去讨厌一个人。
What does peace in the world mean to me?
世界和平对我来说意味着什么?
It means that my sons can grow old in a safe world.
这意味着我的儿子们可以在一个安全的世界下长大、变老。
It means that my grandchildren can grow old in a safer world.
这意味着我的孙辈可以在更安全的世界长大。
Well, do I still have problems?
我是否还有睡眠障碍?
Yes, I still have problems.
是的,我还是有这个问题。
Normally, you know, for physically injuries it shouldn't be a problem.
通常情况下,身体上的伤害更容易被治愈。
But
getting that constant psychiatric help that you might need and, or if
you become an addict, getting that recovery, all of that, it solves
issues.
精神方面的治疗,要痊愈的话需要长期接受治疗。
But I learned to deal with it.
但我学会了如何应对。
The problems I had with sleep and with pain, I see it as symptoms of the experiences that I had.
睡眠和疼痛给我带来的问题,会被我视为一些症状,这是我过往的经历带给我的。
And so I learned to live with it.
因此我尝试与它共存。