查看原文
其他

口腔临床英语对话 | 根管治疗(1)

小白老师 医学博士英语 2020-02-24



小白老师说:今天的主题是根管治疗。超级实用的口腔临床医患、医助对话,是练习口语和听力的好素材。


请点击下方条形框播放音频


Endodontic Treatment 根管治疗法

A=Assistant, D=Dentist, P=Patient


A: There's a patient with severe pain in the waiting room, Doctor.

医生,在候诊室有一个病人牙痛得很厉害。


D: Take an X-ray and ask him to sit down in treatment room number two.

给她照X光,请她在二号治疗室坐着等。


D: Good morning, I'm Doctor Smith. 早安,我是史密斯医生。


D: My assistant said that you're having trouble with one of your teeth. How long have you been uncomfortable?

我的助手说你的一颗牙齿有问题,你感到不舒服有多长时间了?


P: It's been hurting for three days and seems to be getting worse.

已经痛了3天,看来越来越难受了。


P: It aches constantly and any pressure on it is very painful.

现在经常不断地痛,一压就痛得要命。


D: I've examined your X-rays. 我检查了X光的结果。


D: There's decay under a large filling. The decay is into the pulp of the tooth.

在你牙齿原来大块填补物下边也有龋坏了。龋坏已经到了牙髓。


P: What is the pulp of the tooth, Doctor? 医生,牙髓是什么?

 

D: The pulp of the tooth is made up of nerves and blood vessels.

牙髓是由神经和血管构成的。


D: The pulp is commonly called "the nerve". 牙髓通常叫做"神经"。


D: The pulp is located in a hollow canal in the center of the tooth. .

牙髓的位置在牙齿中间的空管中。


D: The hollow canal is called the pulp canal or pulp chamber.

这个空管叫做根管。


D: I'll do a pulp test on that tooth. 我现在做牙髓试验。


D: I want to find out whether the pulp is healthy.

我要看牙髓是否健康。


D: This instrument will stimulate the nerve of the tooth very slightly.

这种器械对神经有轻微的刺激。


D: Tell me if you feel a little bit of discomfort and I'll stop.

不舒服的话告诉我,我会停下来的。


P: I don't feel anything, Doctor. 没有什么感觉。


D: The pulp didn't respond to the pulp test the way it should.

你的牙髓并没有对牙髓试验作出应有的反应。


D: The reason that you don't feel anything is because the pulp is dead (necrotic).

你没有什么感觉的原因就是因为牙髓已经坏死。


D: The pulp canal is infected. 根管受到感染。


P: Now what do you do, Doctor? 怎么办呢?


D: The only way that the tooth can be saved is by endodontic treatment.

把这颗牙保住的唯一办法就是进行牙髓治疗。


D: Endodontic treatment is commonly known as "root canal treatment".

牙髓治疗通常叫做"根管治疗"。


P: What's that, Doctor? I'm not familiar with those terms or that type of treatment.

医生,那是什么?这个词我不熟悉,也不知道是怎样一种治疗法。


D: Let me tell you how it'll be done. 让我告诉你怎样治疗。


D: First, I'll make a small opening in the top (crown) of the tooth to expose the infected pulp.

首先,我要在牙齿的顶端(牙冠)开一个口,使受感染的牙髓暴露出来。


D: Can you see this dark colored line on the X-ray?

在X光片上的黑线你看得见吗?


D: That's the hollow pulp canal (chamber).

那是空的根管(牙髓室)。


D: The area around the end of the root is also infected.

牙根底下周围的地方也感染了。


P: Oh, yes, I see. 啊,是的,明白了。


D: The opening in that tooth will allow the infection to drain and enable me to enlarge, clean, and smoothen the pulp canal.

牙齿开了口就可以把脓排掉,把根管弄大、清洗、磨平。

    您可能也对以下帖子感兴趣

    文章有问题?点此查看未经处理的缓存