查看原文
其他

口腔临床英语对话 | 给病人补牙

小白老师 医学博士英语 2020-02-24



小白老师说:今天的主题是给病人补牙。医学博士英语公众号推出的口腔临床英语对话系列收录了口腔临床医患、医助之间的对话,非常适合临床医务人员、医学生练习口语和听力。当然,也是非常好的医博英语考试长对话素材。



请点击下方条形框播放音频

A=Assisant, D=Dentist, P=Patient


P: What is the chance of the pulp dying,Doctor?

医生,牙髓坏死是常见的死吗?


D: You can't be absolutely sure in these cases,but I'm very confident (sure) that everything will be OK.

你的情况不一定是牙髓坏死, 我有信心会好的。


D: When the pulp of a tooth dies as a result of a deep cavity, the tooth will become infected.

当蛀牙的洞太深,使得牙髓坏死, 牙齿就会受到感染。


P:What happens when a tooth is infected?

牙齿受到感染将会怎样?


D: A toothache or swelling will eventually develop in a tooth that's infected.

牙齿受感染的结果会引起压痛和牙龈发肿。


D:A tooth might become infected many weeks or months after the decay has been removed.

蛀掉的地方磨掉之后过了几个星期或过了几各月还是会感染的。


P: Would there be any pain? 会不会疼呢?


D: There might not be any pain if the infection is mild or if it finds a way to drain (if a fistula develops).

假如感染轻微的话, 或者找到引流的通道的话, 就不会疼。 


D: If the infection doesn't put pressure on a nerve there won't be any pain.

假如感染不压迫神经的话就不会感到痛。


P: Sometimes my tooth is sensitive to cold.

我的牙齿有时对冷很敏感。


D: I'll put a lining under the amalgam to insulate the tooth against sensitivity to cold.

那么, 我在银汞下面垫上东西,使得牙齿决不会对冷有反应。


D: As you know, large fillings are sometimes sensitive to cold because metal is a good conductor of temperature changes.

你是知道的, 填补进去的东西要是很大的话,那么,有时对冷是很敏感的,因为金属是良导体,对于温度的变化很敏感。


D: The tooth may be sensitive to hot and cold foods for a while in spite of the insulation.

尽管有了绝缘物, 吃冷热的东西时可能在短暂时间内会有感觉。


D: Don't worry; the sensitivity will disappear in a week or two.

不用担心,在一两周内这种反应是会消失的。 


D: Close your teeth gently. Does the filling feel high?

把你的牙齿轻轻地咬紧。你有没有觉得补的东西太高?


P: It feels fine. 感觉很合适。


D: Now tap your teeth together and slide your jaw from side to side.

现在把你的牙齿轻轻地咬在一起, 然后把下颌往两侧移动。


D: Good. That's it. The filling is finished. 好。 就是这样, 补好了。


P: Thank you, Doctor. 谢谢你,医生。


D: Don't chew on that side of your mouth for at least 8 hours. That will give the filling a chance to harden.

至少在八个小时内不要用你嘴巴的这一边咬东西, 这样补上的东西就会有时间变的结实。


D: I'll polish it during your next appointment.

在下一次预约治疗时我再给你的牙齿磨一磨。


D: As I said before, there's a small chance that the pulp will die because of deep decay.

就像我先前所说, 因为蛀牙洞深了, 牙髓还是有坏死的可能。


D: If you get a toothache in that tooth we can still save it by doing a root canal treatment.

假如你这颗还痛的话, 我们还是可以进行根管治疗把它保住。


D: Don't worry. I don't think that you'll have any trouble.

不用担心, 我认为你一定会好的。


我们的公众号已经开通了留言功能!下拉页面到最下方,点击“写留言”就可以发表评论了!欢迎大家都来说两句!




小白老师是南京医科大学外国语学院英语教师,有多年的临床医学博士入学英语考试辅导经验,利用业余时间开设此公众号,每日推送医学英语以及医学博士英语考试相关内容,致力于帮助我的医生朋友和医学生们提高英语水平,享受英语学习的乐趣。如需交流,可加小白老师私人微信号: marinabaikexin


微信公众号yiboyingyu,长按下方二维码,一键关注


    您可能也对以下帖子感兴趣

    文章有问题?点此查看未经处理的缓存