查看原文
其他

听书打卡 | Little Prince 《小王子》- Chapter 11

英子 佳英语 2020-02-24

 


昨天我们读到了小王子在邻居星球上,

遇到了一个空有权威的老国王

---

今天他又遇到了一个爱慕虚荣的人。

我们一起来边听边读。

往期目录

01020304050607080910


现在...

让我们一起进入《小王子》的世界吧!



The second planet was inhabited by a conceited man.

第二颗行星上住着一个爱虚荣的人。


"Ah! Ah! I am about to receive a visit from an admirer!" he exclaimed from afar, when he first saw the little prince coming. 

“哈哈!有个崇拜者来看我了!”这个爱虚荣的人刚看见小王子,大老远就喊了起来。


For, to conceited men, all other men are admirers. 

因为,在爱虚荣的人眼里,别人都是他们的崇拜者。


"Good morning," said the little prince. "That is a queer hat you are wearing." 

“您好,”小王子说,“您这顶帽子挺有趣的。”



"It is a hat for salutes," the conceited man replied. "It is to raise in salute when people acclaim me. Unfortunately, nobody at all ever passes this way." 

“这是用来致意的,”爱虚荣的人回答说,“人家向我欢呼时,我就用帽子向他们致意。可惜啊,一直没人经过这儿。”


"Yes?" said the little prince, who did not understand what the conceited man was talking about. 

“是吗?”小王子说,他没明白那人的意思。


"Clap your hands, one against the other," the conceited man now directed him. 

“你用一只手去拍另一只手,”于是爱虚荣的人这样教他。


The little prince clapped his hands. The conceited man raised his hat in a modest salute. 

小王子就拍起巴掌来了。爱虚荣的人抬起帽子,谦逊地致意。


"This is more entertaining than the visit to the king," the little prince said to himself. And he began again to clap his hands, one against the other. The conceited man against raised his hat in salute. 

“这比访问那个国王好玩多了,”小王子心想。他又拍起巴掌来了。爱虚荣的人就又抬起帽子致意。


After five minutes of this exercise the little prince grew tired of the game"s monotony. 

这样玩了五分钟,小王子觉得太单调,他都玩累了:


"And what should one do to make the hat come down?" he asked. 

“要想叫这顶帽子掉下来,该怎么做呢?”


But the conceited man did not hear him. Conceited people never hear anything but praise. 

可是爱虚荣的人没听见他的话。爱虚荣的人只听得见颂扬的话。


"Do you really admire me very much?" he demanded of the little prince. 

“你真的很崇拜我吗?”他问小王子。


"What does that mean-- "admire"?" 

“崇拜是什么意思?”


"To admire mean that you regard me as the handsomest, the best-dressed, the richest, and the most intelligent man on this planet." 

“崇拜的意思就是,承认我是这个星球上最英俊、最摩登、最富有、最有学问的人。”


"But you are the only man on your planet!" 

“可是这个星球上只有你一个人呀!”


"Do me this kindness. Admire me just the same." 

“帮帮忙。你只管崇拜我就是了!”


"I admire you," said the little prince, shrugging his shoulders slightly, "but what is there in that to interest you so much?" 

“我崇拜你,”小王子说着,微微耸了耸肩膀,“可是你要这个干什么呢?”


And the little prince went away. 

说着,小王子就走开了。


"The grown-ups are certainly very odd," he said to himself, as he continued on his journey.

 “这些大人真的很怪哟,”一路上,他这么对自己说了一句。



读后感环节




恭喜大家听完了Little Prince的第11章

大家可以在小程序提交读后感作为打卡

给我们分享一下你读《小王子》的感受


点击图片加入打卡




选取了两位同学的读后感打卡和大家分享



责任编辑:英子姐姐

主编微信:mar2011jen



长按识别二维码关注

长按识别二维码关注


    您可能也对以下帖子感兴趣

    文章有问题?点此查看未经处理的缓存