查看原文
其他

听书打卡 | Little Prince 《小王子》Chapter15

英子姐姐 佳英语 2020-02-24

昨天小王子遇到了点灯人,

他的星球很小很小...

今天他又遇到了谁呢?

往期目录

0102030405060708091011121314


文末打卡小程序中有生词解释

记得听完要打卡提交读后感哦!


现在...

让我们一起进入《小王子》的世界吧!




The sixth planet was ten times larger than the last one. It was inhabited by an old gentleman who wrote voluminous books. 

第六颗行星是一颗大十倍的行星。上面住着一个老先生,他在写一本本大部头的著作。


"Oh, look! Here is an explorer!" he exclaimed to himself when he saw the little prince coming. 

“瞧!来了一位探险家!”他一看见小王子,就喊道。


The little prince sat down on the table and panted a little. He had already traveled so much and so far! 

小王子坐在桌边,喘了喘气。他刚走了那么多路!


"Where do you come from?" the old gentleman said to him. 

“你从哪儿来啊?”老先生问他。


"What is that big book?" said the little prince. "What are you doing?" 

“这一大本是什么书?”小王子说,“您在这儿干什么呢?”


"I am a geographer," the old gentleman said to him. 

“我是地理学家,”老先生说。



"What is a geographer?" asked the little prince. 

“什么叫地理学家?”


"A geographer is a scholar who knows the location of all the seas, rivers, towns, mountains, and deserts." 

“地理学家是个学者,他知道哪儿有海洋,有河流,有城市,有山脉和沙漠。”


"That is very interesting," said the little prince. "Here at last is a man who has a real profession!" And he cast a look around him at the planet of the geographer. It was the most magnificent and stately planet that he had ever seen. 

“这挺有趣,”小王子说,“啊,这才是真正的职业!”说着他朝地理学家的星球四周望了一眼。他还从没见过这么雄伟壮丽的星球哩。


"Your planet is very beautiful," he said. "Has it any oceans?" 

“您的星球真美。它有海洋吗?”


"I couldn"t tell you," said the geographer. 

“这我没法知道,”地理学家说。


"Ah!" The little prince was disappointed. "Has it any mountains?" 

“哦!”小王子有点失望。“那么山脉呢?”


"I couldn"t tell you," said the geographer. 

“这我没法知道,”地理学家说。


"And towns, and rivers, and deserts?" 

“城市、河流和沙漠呢?”


"I couldn"t tell you that, either." 

“这我也没法知道,”地理学家说。


"But you are a geographer!" 

“可您是地理学家呀!”


"Exactly," the geographer said. "But I am not an explorer. I haven"t a single explorer on my planet. It is not the geographer who goes out to count the towns, the rivers, the mountains, the seas, the oceans, and the deserts. The geographer is much too important to go loafing about. He does not leave his desk. But he receives the explorers in his study. He asks them questions, and he notes down what they recall of their travels. And if the recollections of any one among them seem interesting to him, the geographer orders an inquiry into that explorer"s moral character." 

“一点不错,”地理学家说,“但我不是探险家。我这里一个探险家也没有。地理学家是不出去探测城市、河流、山脉、海洋和沙漠的。地理学家非常重要,他不能到处闲逛。他从不离开自己的书房。不过他会在那里接见探险家。他向他们提问,把他们的旅行回忆记下来。要是他觉得他们中间哪个人的回忆有意思,他就会让人对这个探险家的品行作一番调查。”



"Because an explorer who told lies would bring disaster on the books of the geographer. So would an explorer who drank too much." 

“因为一个说谎的探险家会给地理书带来灾难性的后果。一个贪杯的探险家也是如此。”


"Why is that?" asked the little prince. 

“这是为什么?”


"Why is that?" 

“这是为什么?”小王子问。


"Because intoxicated men see double. Then the geographer would note down two mountains in a place where there was only one." 

“因为酒鬼会把一样东西看成两样东西。这样一来,地理学家就会把明明只有一座山的地方写成有两座山了。”


"I know some one," said the little prince, "who would make a bad explorer." 

“我认识一个人,”小王子说,“他当探险家就不行。”


"That is possible. Then, when the moral character of the explorer is shown to be good, an inquiry is ordered into his discovery." 

“这有可能。所以,要等到了解探险家品行良好以后,才对他的发现进行调查。”


"One goes to see it?" 

“去看一下?”


"No. That would be too complicated. But one requires the explorer to furnish proofs. For example, if the discovery in question is that of a large mountain, one requires that large stones be brought back from it." 

“不。这太复杂了。地理学家只要求探险家提供物证。比如说,他发现了一座大山,地理学家就要求他带一块大石头来。”


The geographer was suddenly stirred to excitement. 

地理学家忽然激动起来。


"But you-- you come from far away! You are an explorer! You shall describe your planet to me!" 

“嗨,你是大老远来的!你是探险家!你给我说说你的星球!”


And, having opened his big register, the geographer sharpened his pencil. The recitals of explorers are put down first in pencil. One waits until the explorer has furnished proofs, before putting them down in ink. 

说着,地理学家打开笔记本,削了支铅笔。地理学家一开始只用铅笔记下探险家讲的话。要等到这个探险家提供物证以后,才换用钢笔来记录。


"Well?" said the geographer expectantly. 

“怎么样?”地理学家问。


"Oh, where I live," said the little prince, "it is not very interesting. It is all so small. I have three volcanoes. Two volcanoes are active and the other is extinct. But one never knows." 

“哦!我那儿,”小王子说,“并不很有趣,那是颗很小的星球。我有三座火山。两座活火山,一座死火山。不过这也说不定。”


"One never knows," said the geographer. 

"I have also a flower." 

“这可说不定,”地理学家说。

“我还有一朵花儿。”


"We do not record flowers," said the geographer. 

“花儿我们是不记下来的,”地理学家说。


"Why is that? The flower is the most beautiful thing on my planet!" 

“这是为什么?花儿是最美的呀!”


"We do not record them," said the geographer, "because they are ephemeral." 

“因为花是转瞬即逝的。”


"What does that mean-- "ephemeral"?" 

“什么叫‘转瞬即逝’呢?”


"Geographies," said the geographer, "are the books which, of all books, are most concerned with matters of consequence. They never become old-fashioned. It is very rarely that a mountain changes its position. It is very rarely that an ocean empties itself of its waters. We write of eternal things." 

“地理书,”地理学家说,“是所有的书中间最宝贵的。地理书永远不会过时。山脉移位的情形是极其罕见的。海洋干涸的情形也是极其罕见的。我们写的都是永恒的事物。”


"But extinct volcanoes may come to life again," the little prince interrupted. "What does that mean-- "ephemeral"?" 

“可是死火山说不定也会醒来,”小王子插话说,“什么叫‘转瞬即逝’呢?”


"Whether volcanoes are extinct or alive, it comes to the same thing for us," said the geographer. "The thing that matters to us is the mountain. It does not change." 

“火山睡也好,醒也好,对我们地理学家来说是一码事,”地理学家说,“我们关心的是山。山是一成不变的。”


"But what does that mean-- "ephemeral"?" repeated the little prince, who never in his life had let go of a question, once he had asked it. 

“可是,什么叫‘转瞬即逝’呢?”小王子追问道,他向来提了问题就不肯放过。


"It means, "which is in danger of speedy disappearance."" 

“意思就是‘随时有消逝的危险’。”


"Is my flower in danger of speedy disappearance?" 

“我的花儿随时有消逝的危险吗?”


"Certainly it is." 

“当然。”


"My flower is ephemeral," the little prince said to himself, "and she has only four thorns to defend herself against the world. And I have left her on my planet, all alone!" 

“我的花儿是转瞬即逝的,”小王子想道,“她只有四根刺可以自卫,可以用来抵御这个世界!而我却丢下她孤零零地在那儿!”


That was his first moment of regret. But he took courage once more. 

想到这儿,他不由得感到了后悔。不过他马上又振作起来:


"What place would you advise me to visit now?" he asked. 

“依您看,我再去哪儿访问好呢?”他问。


"The planet Earth," replied the geographer. "It has a good reputation." 

“地球吧,”地理学家回答说,“它的名气挺响……”


And the little prince went away, thinking of his flower.

于是小王子走了,一边走一边想着他的花儿。


读后感环节




恭喜大家听完了Little Prince的第15章

大家可以在小程序提交读后感作为打卡

给我们分享一下你读《小王子》的感受

大人们是否都想地理学家一样偏执?

小王子的玫瑰又代表了什么呢?


点击图片加入打卡




选取了两位同学的读后感打卡和大家分享



责任编辑:英子姐姐

主编微信:mar2011jen



长按识别二维码关注


    您可能也对以下帖子感兴趣

    文章有问题?点此查看未经处理的缓存