查看原文
其他

双语 | 中国医生写诗揭示雾霾危害 登上了美国权威杂志

2017-01-04 译·世界

2017年已经过了4天了筒子们!不过华北大部分地区的小伙伴表示这4天过得并不开森,因为——雾霾太大!我们仿佛迎来了第25个节气——立霾,2017年以来这浓郁的雾霾就没散开过,心好累……



伴着久久不愿散去的雾霾,一位中国医生的雾霾诗高调闯入了吃霾群众的视线——




这位中国医生名为赵晓刚,是同济大学附属上海市肺科医院胸外科医师;这首诗名为《I Long to be King》(中文翻译为《我要当老大》),曾于2016年10月发表在美国权威胸外科杂志《CHEST》上,价值比肩学术论文。




这么厉害的诗到底写了些神马?和译世界一起拜读吧~~


I long to be king

我要当老大

Xiaogang Zhao, MD, PhD

赵晓刚,临床医学博士,博士


I am ground glass opacity (GGO) in the lung,

肺部磨砂玻璃影是我的大名,

A vague figure shrouded in mystery and strangeness,

朦胧的身影披着神秘与诡异,

Like looking at the moon through clouds,

就如透过云儿看月儿,

Like seeing beautiful flowers in the fog.

又如雾中的花。


I long to be king,

我要做老大,

With my fellows swimming in every vessel.

与我的战友在管脉中游荡,

My people crawl in your organs and body,

而我的子民正在浸袭你的脏器与肉体,

Holding the rights for life or death, I tremble with excitement.

拥有生死大权,我兴奋得有一些颤抖。


When young you called me “atypical adenomatous hyperplasia”,

你笑称幼时的我不典型增生,

Then when I had matured, you declared me “adenocarcinoma in situ”,

你憎称青年的我为原位腺癌,

When fully developed, your fearful denomination: “invasive adenocarcinoma”.

你咆哮壮年的我为浸润腺癌,

You forgot my strenuous journey to become the king.

你忘了我也是通过艰难险阻才成为老大。


From tiny to strong,

我也是从弱小逐渐变得强大,

From humble to arrogant.

我也是从隐忍逐渐走向狂放,

None cared when I was young,

在我年青时,并没有谁关心我,

But all fear me we when full grown.

当我成熟了,一切的一切就是恐惧。


I’ve been nourished on the delicious mist and haze,

我喜欢呼吸纯馥幽香的雾霾,

That sweetly warmed my heart,

散发着甘甜徐徐融入我身心,

Always loving when you were heavy drunk and smoking,

我更喜欢抽烟喝酒熬夜的你,

Creating me a cozy home.

创造着惬意的家园令我成长。


When I was less than eight millimeters, I was so fragile,

我不到8毫米时,是那么脆弱,

Waiting for a chance to grow up.

等待着成长。

Now, more than eight millimeters, I am more mature,

现在,我比8毫米大了,那是更加成熟的我,

And considered worthy of notice.

也引人注目了。

My continuous growth gives me a chance to be king,

继续成长的我,有机会成为老大, 

As I break through layers of obstacles,

突破层层壁垒,

Spanning the mountains and waters.

跨越千山万水,

My fellows march to every corner and occupy every region.

每一根血管都有我的手下子民,

My quest to become king was full of obstacles,

每一处脏器都有我的旌旗招展。


I was cut until almost dead in childhood,

我童年时差点死去,

Burned once I’d matured,

我成熟了,就如火一般,

And poisoned when older.

我壮年了,却如毒药一般。

Happiness after sorrow, rainbow after rain.

悲伤后是幸福,雨后是彩虹。

I faced surgery, radiotherapy, and chemotherapy,

面临手术,放疗和化疗,

But continued to chase my dream,

但我会继续追逐我的梦想,

Some would have given up, but I will be the king.

有些人会放弃,但我会成为老大。


I long to be king, with fellows and subordinates,

我渴望成为老大,与同胞和下属,

I long to be king, to have people’s fear and respect

我渴望成为老大,有子民的恐惧,也有尊重,

I long to be king, to dominate my domain,

我渴望成为老大,主宰我的天空,

I long to be king, to direct your fate.

我渴望成为老大,主宰你的命运。


读完全诗,有木有感受到一种气吞山河的霸气?耳边有个声音挥之不去——我要做老大,我要做老大,我要做老大……等等,所以说到底谁要做老大?那个喜欢呼吸纯馥幽香雾霾的 “肺部磨砂玻璃影”是什么鬼?


译世界小课堂开讲啦~~


肺部磨玻璃影(ground—glass opacity,简称GGO)是指高分辨率CT(high—resolution CT,HRCT)图像上表现为密度轻度增加的云雾状磨砂玻璃样影,但其内的支气管血管束仍可显示,见于各种炎症、水肿、纤维化及肿瘤等病变。此征象常为早期肺部疾患的表现。




《I Long to be King》是一首肺部磨砂玻璃影的自白诗。诗歌将肺部疾病拟人化,以其自述的视角,完整展现了疾病从小的病灶开始,如何在内外因的共同作用下,狂放与野蛮生长,最终吞噬人体呼吸与健康。


Editor’s Note:The author writes, “Although pulmonary ground-glass opacity (GGO) could be benign or malignant, it most likely represents neoplastic lesion. Currently, the detection rate of GGO has increased remarkably in China. As a thoracic surgeon of Shanghai Pulmonary Hospital, I have diagnosed a large number of patients with GGO adenocarcinoma in daily clinical practice. I hope more people could understand it and take it seriously.”

《CHEST》 编者注:作者写道,“虽然肺玻璃体不透明(GGO)可能是良性或恶性的,但它很可能代表肿瘤性病变。目前,中国的GGO检测率显着提高。作为上海肺科医院的胸外科医生,我在日常临床实践中诊断了大量GGO腺癌患者。我希望更多的人能够理解它,认真对待。”


赵医生的诗告诉我们,在雾霾等外因条件的助力下,肺部磨玻璃影最终可能变成吞噬健康的超级致命杀手。总觉得不寒而栗啊……


来源:译世界综编自金陵医学高峰论坛


推荐阅读

新技能:雾霾天如何选择合适的口罩?

双语 | 你感受到了吗?外媒说中国PM2.5浓度已连降两年

穹顶之下,与雾霾相关的英文词汇

视频 | BBC纪录片《中国新年》,看完泪奔!

热点 | 这些译词尺度有点大…“扫黄”“报平安”怎么说?


您对翻译行业的见地,欢迎与我们分享交流。来稿请致:media@yeeworld.com。


您可能也对以下帖子感兴趣

文章有问题?点此查看未经处理的缓存