该内容已被发布者删除 该内容被自由微信恢复
文章于 2017年1月12日 被检测为删除。
查看原文
被用户删除
其他

老外最常说的40句俚语,学完就能愉快地看美剧了~(第一弹)

2016-11-24 然少、梦树 沪江英语

本文由沪江英语原创,未经许可禁止转载。


看美剧的时候,是不是经常get不到老外的笑点!因为有很多俚语,你都听不懂。


今天英大来教你,老外最常用的俚语。赶紧背起来。




因为俚语数量过多,所以我们分成两篇。今天是第一篇~


1

In the nick of time 

紧要关头

 

You gave me that main idea help in the nick of time – my teacher just gave us a quiz on that reading skill and I passed it!

你在紧要关头帮我找到了主旨——我的老师刚刚安排了一场关于阅读技巧的测验,我通过了!


2

Let the cat out of the bag 

说出秘密

Brady’s surprise party is going to be great if you don’t let the cat out of the bag.

如果你保守秘密的话,布雷迪的惊喜派对会非常棒的!


3

Let the chips fall where they may 

让某事发生,不管是好是坏

I'm going to just try out for the cheerleading squad and let the chips fall where they may.

不管结果怎样,我都会去试着参加啦啦队。


4

Lose your marbles 

变得疯狂

Mom has really lost her marbles; she's making me practice writing the Enhanced ACT Essay seven times this week!

我妈妈真是要疯了;这个星期她让我写了七遍ACT的作文!


5

Once in a blue moon

罕见的

In Florida, the temperature drops below freezing only once in a blue moon.

在弗罗里达,气温降到零度以下是非常罕见的。


6

Plain as day

显而易见的

It’s plain as day that you’re in love with her, so just admit it.

显而易见你已经爱上她了,承认吧。


7

Play second fiddle

居次位

I hate playing second fiddle to my sister; she always does things better than I do!

我真是讨厌落在我姐姐的下风,她总是比我做得好!


8

Put your foot in your mouth 

说错话

Jessica really put her foot in her mouth when she asked about John’s job right after he lost it.

杰西卡居然在约翰失业后问起他的工作,真是说错话了。


9

Pull yourself together

冷静下来;振作起来

Pull yourself together, man! Sure, your girlfriend just dumped you and then you got hit by a car, but you can't let those things get you down.

振作起来,兄弟!虽然你被女朋友甩了,又被车撞了,但你不能让这些事把你击垮。


10

Sick and tired

被打扰或困扰

She is sick and tired of her dog chewing up her shoes every day.

她的狗每天都会啃她的鞋子,让她郁闷不已。


11

Sleep on it

在做决定前先考虑一会

Don’t tell me whether you’ll move to Texas with me or not today. Sleep on it, and get back to me tomorrow.

今天不要告诉我,你会不会一起搬去德州。先考虑一下,明天再回复我。


12

Snug as a bug in a rug

温暖舒适的;满足的

That baby looks as snug as a bug in a rug cuddled up next to his mother.

那个小宝贝蜷缩在妈妈的身边,一副很舒服满足的样子。


13

Step up your game

迎头赶上

Listen, Jen. You'd better step up your game if you want to get all A's in Miss Finch's Physics class. She isn't easy!

听着,珍。如果你想在芬奇老师的课上得全A,就得奋起直追。她可不是好糊弄的!


14

Stick your nose into something

干涉

Sharon always sticks her nose into everyone else’s business.

莎伦经常干涉别人的事。


15

Straight from the horse's mouth

来自最可靠的消息

Listen to the news straight from the horse’s mouth; we’re all getting bonuses this week!

据最可靠的消息说,我们这周都会领到奖金啦!


16

Take it easy

放松

I know you’re not feeling well, so try to take it easy today.

我知道你难受,今天试着放松一下吧。


17

Tip of the iceberg

冰山一角

The fact that Carrie is dating a member of the mafia is just the tip of the iceberg; she’s also smuggling contraband into the country.

卡莉和黑手党的人见面的事实只是冰山一角,她还参与向这个国家走私违禁品。


18

To not see the wood for the trees

一叶障目

She always argues about the silliest things; it’s like she can’t see the wood for the trees.

她总是在一些鸡毛蒜皮的事上不肯罢休;就像看不到最重要的部分一样。


19

Up a creek without a paddle

处于困境之中

If you don’t have any money to pay for the repairs we just made to your car, I guess you’re up a creek without a paddle because you can’t have your car back.

如果你没钱支付汽车的修理费的话,那就麻烦了,因为你休想要回你的车。


20

You rock! 

你真棒!

Dude. You rock. Thanks for offering to watch my pet iguana all week.

兄弟你真棒!谢谢你主动提出照顾我的蜥蜴一整周。



编辑:然少

排版:芒果


由于后台技术维护,留言功能暂停一周。

大家想表达啥,在后台发消息给英大哦!


【感恩节福利】


一波感恩节清(礼)流(物)来袭~
学习的同时,拼手速吃火鸡,还能拿大礼!

暴风魔镜、kindle、cc靠枕就藏在下方二维码中


↓长按二维码识别↓


马上玩游戏!


二维码识别不了的小伙伴,

阅读全文,进入游戏 

↓↓

您可能也对以下帖子感兴趣

文章有问题?点此查看未经处理的缓存