查看原文
其他

Way Back Home—​We Shall Never SurrenderS!

Rod Stewart 罗伯特议事规则 2020-08-20

Way Back Home  

——We Shall Never Surrender!


专辑:Another Country

歌手:洛·史都华 Rod Stewart


I was just a little boy without care

我曾是一个缺少关怀的小男孩


I remember looking up and seeing you there

我记得抬头看见你在那里


I never wandered too far from your sight

我从不脱离你的视线太远


Cause all the love I needed was there in your eyes

因我所渴求的全部爱便是你眼中有我


We grew up in a war zone city with a cast iron wind

我们在战区长大,随着铸铁的风潮席卷


Broken lives, darken streets, and twisted steel

破碎的生命,黑暗的街道,螺纹的钢筋充斥生活


But around our house the sky seems so blue

但屋边的天空看上去那么蓝


And on a wing and prayer we just muddled through

带着梦想和恳求我们终于摆脱这样的生活


And we always kept the laughter and the smile upon our face

保持着欢笑,带着笑容


In that good-old-fashion British way with pride and faultless grace

用过去的英伦方式呈现骄傲和完美无缺的优雅


I shall never forget those childhood days for as long as I shall live

我应永远铭记童年回忆


And I'll always find my way back, always find my way back home

我总能找到那条归路,找到回家的路


Tell me why in wars that made our family strong

告诉我,为什么战争使家庭更加牢固


As our defiant little Island weathered the storm

我们的小岛如何经受住风暴的考验


There's never seemed enough on my plate

我有太多的事情要做


You said: "Be grateful, say grace, don't complain."

你告诉我:“懂得感激,饭前祷告,不要抱怨。”


How can I ever thank you for the lessons that I've learnt

我该如何感谢你教会我的人生哲理


And the precious warmth and comfort that I've felt at every turn

以及每次我感受到的温暖和舒适


And the roses sacrifice their lives for freedom and for peace

为了自由和和平而牺牲了的玫瑰啊


I will always find my way back, always find my way back home

我总能找到那条归路,找到回家的路


I'll give you stories, operation burning skies

我会告诉你我的故事,那燃烧的天空


And our Nation with its back against the wall

及我们的国家昂首挺立


Like a wide-eyed schoolboy I hang on with the war

像在战争中坚持下去的天真学子


Stories I was too young to recall

这些故事,我那时还太小以致不能回想起


And we always kept the laughter and the smile upon our face

保持着欢笑,带着笑容


In that good-old-fashion British way with pride and faultless grace

用过去的英伦方式呈现骄傲和完美无缺的优雅


I shall never forget those childhood days for as long as I should live

我应永远铭记童年回忆


And I'll always find my way back, always find my way

我总能找到那条归路,找到回家的路


And we always kept the laughter and the smile upon our face

保持着欢笑,带着笑容


In that good-old-fashion British way with pride and faultless grace

用过去的英伦方式呈现骄傲和完美无缺的优雅


I shall never forget those childhood days for as long as I should live

我应永远铭记童年回忆


And I'll always find my way back, always find my way back home

我总能找到那条归路,找到回家的路


丘吉尔:


"We shall fight on the beaches,

“我们将在沙滩上战斗,


We shall fight on the landing grounds,

我们将在着陆场上战斗,


We shall fight in the fields, and in the streets,

我们将在田野里,在街上战斗,


We shall fight in the hills; We Shall Never Surrender!"

我们将在山野里战斗,我们决不投降...!


===


注释:

 洛·史都华 Rod Stewart(百度百科)

1945年1月10日生于英国,北伦敦,海格特。是世界上最出色的摇滚歌手之一,以独特的形象与嗓音闻名于音乐界。同时也是最有才华的唱作人之一,是二十世纪六十年代后期英国入侵的标志性人物之一。作品有《Maggie May》《Sailing》《Forever Young》等。

大英帝国勋章(CBE)2007年

摇滚名人堂(1994年、2012年)

英国音乐名人堂(2006年)

好莱坞星光大道(第2093位)

11张冠军专辑(UK、US)


1940年6月4日,丘吉尔在下院通报了敦刻尔克撤退成功,但是也提醒“战争不是靠撤退打赢的。”随后丘吉尔旋即发表了他在二战中最鼓舞人心的一段演说。这次战役尽管我们失利,但我们决不投降,决不屈服,我们将战斗到底。


演讲摘要:


We shall go on to the end, we shall fight in France, we shall fight on the seas and oceans, we shall fight with growing confidence and growing strength in the air.


We shall defend our Island, whatever the cost may be.


We shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills.We Shall Never Surrender!


And even if, which I do not for a moment believe, this Island or a large part of it were subjugated and starving.Then our Empire beyond the seas, armed and guarded by the British Fleet, would carry on the struggle.


Until, in God’s good time, the New World, with all its power and might, steps forth to the rescue and the liberation of the old.


译文:


我们将战斗到底。我们将在法国作战,我们将在海洋中作战,我们将以越来越大的信心和越来越强的力量在空中作战,我们将不惜一切代价保卫本土,我们将在海滩作战,我们将在敌人的登陆点作战,我们将在田野和街头作战,我们将在山区作战。我们绝不投降!


即使我们这个岛屿或这个岛屿的大部分被征服并陷于饥饿之中,我从来不相信会发生这种情况,我们在海外的帝国臣民,在英国舰队的武装和保护下也会继续战斗,直到新世界在上帝认为适当的时候,拿出它所有一切的力量来拯救和解放这个旧世界。


---


丘吉尔,英国政治家、演说家、军事家和作家,曾于1940年至1945年出任英国首相,任期内领导英国在第二次世界大战中联合美国等国家对抗德国,并取得了最终胜利,并自1951年至1955年再度出任英国首相。

丘吉尔被认为是20世纪最重要的政治领袖之一,对英国乃至于世界均影响深远。此外,他在文学上也有很高的成就,曾于1953年获诺贝尔文学奖。在2002年,BBC举行了一个名为“最伟大的100名英国人”的调查,结果丘吉尔获排在第一位。


Modified on

    您可能也对以下帖子感兴趣

    文章有问题?点此查看未经处理的缓存