1. Undergraduate or Graduate Degree in an analytical, financial and/or technical major (e.g. economics, finance, mathematics, statistics, engineering, computer science, etc.).
2. Strong knowledge of some programming languages (such as C, C++, Python) or statistical tools (such as Excel VBA, S-Plus, R, SAS or Matlab), and/or familiarity with SQL.
Industry experience in risk management, analytics or portfolio management.
3. Solid communication and presentation skills (verbal and written). The candidate must demonstrate the ability to explain analytical or quantitative concepts in practical and simple terms.
4. Strong drive to network with other internal stakeholders inside BlackRock, across teams and geographies.
5. Attention to detail, a strong work ethic and ability to work as part of a team in a fast-paced environment.
6. High level of self-motivation.
7. Robust quantitative skills along with demonstrated analytical ability.
8. Strong interest in financial markets.
9. Strong ethical compass, demonstrable integrity and a commitment to doing the right thing.
10. English fluency required. Additional Asia Pacific languages are a plus.