查看原文
其他

双语 | 突发!篮球巨星 科比 坠机去世 | 泪崩:我的青春没了 |《亲爱的篮球》| TED演讲 | 球衣退役演讲

推荐一个英语与翻译公众号


翻译世界

扫描关注

一觉醒来,科比走了……

新华社快讯:据美国媒体报道,一架直升机1月26日早晨在加利福尼亚州卡拉巴萨斯市坠毁,造成5人死亡,其中包括美国篮球传奇巨星科比·布莱恩特

NBA legend Kobe Bryant and his 13-year-old daughter Gianna were among nine people killed in a helicopter crash in Los Angeles on Sunday, authorities said. Bryant was 41.


The Federal Aviation Administration said a Sikorsky S-76 helicopter crashed around 10 a.m. near Calabasas. It's unclear what caused the crash. An investigation is ongoing. 


Kobe Bean Bryant was born in Philadelphia on August 23, 1978. He grew up in Italy where his father, Joe "Jellybean" Bryant, played professional basketball after his own NBA career. 


At 17 years old, Bryant was drafted out of high school in 1996, becoming the youngest player in NBA history. The 6-foot-6 swingman gave himself the nickname "Black Mamba," a testament to his fierce, competitive nature.


"Kobe was a legend": Former President Obama mourns Kobe Bryant

Shaquille O'Neal tweets heartfelt tribute to Kobe Bryant

Bryant, who is considered one of the greatest basketball players in history, played all 20 seasons with the Los Angeles Lakers, winning three consecutive championships in 2000, 2001 and 2002. He went on to win two more in 2009 and 2010.


In addition to his five titles, Bryant is the fourth-leading scorer in NBA history. He was selected to the all-star 18 times and earned an MVP award in 2008. He was a 12-time member of the all-defensive team and made the all-NBA team 15 times. Bryant retired in 2016 and was among several high-profile nominees for the NBA's 2020 Hall of Fame class.


科比 | 亲爱的篮球 | 最佳动画短片 |



Dear Basketball,

亲爱的篮球:

From the moment

从我第一次

I started rolling my dad's tube socks

穿上父亲的筒形短袜

And shooting imaginary

开始想象

Game-winning shots

自己置身于大西部论坛球馆

In the Great Western Forum

命中绝杀球时

I knew one thing was real:

我就清楚知道:

I fell in love with you.

我深深地爱上了你。

A love so deep I gave you my all —

一种深切的爱,我为你倾其所有——

From my mind & body

从我的思想和身体

To my spirit & soul.

到我的精神和灵魂。

As a six-year-old boy

六岁的我

Deeply in love with you

深深地爱着你

I never saw the end of the tunnel.

我从来没有看见过隧道的尽头。

I only saw myself

我只看到我自己

Running out of one.

用力朝尽头奔跑。

And so I ran.

所以我不停地奔跑。

I ran up and down every court

我在每一个球场上来回奔跑

After every loose ball for you.

为了你去追逐每一个地板球。

You asked for my hustle

你渴望我的拼抢

I gave you my heart

我把我的心交给你

Because it came with so much more.

因为你给我的更多更多。

I played through the sweat and hurt

我在球场流尽血汗、一身伤病

Not because challenge called me

并不是因为挑战呼唤我

But because YOU called me.

而是因为你呼唤我。

I did everything for YOU

我做的一切都是为了你

Because that's what you do

因为这正是你为我所做的

When someone makes you feel as

我们让彼此

Alive as you've made me feel.

感觉到生命力。

You gave a six-year-old boy his Laker dream

你给了一个六岁男孩他的湖人梦想

And I'll always love you for it.

为此我将永远爱你。

But I can't love you obsessively for muchlonger.

但是我无法再痴迷地爱你更久。

This season is all I have left to give.

这个赛季是我献给你的绝唱。

My heart can take the pounding

我的心脏能够承受打击

My mind can handle the grind

我的思想能够经受磨砺

But my body knows it's time to say goodbye.

但是我的身体知道是时候说再见了。

And that's OK.

这样也好。

I'm ready to let you go.

我已经准备好让你走。

I want you to know now

我希望现在让你知道

So we both can savor every moment we haveleft together.

这样我们都可以尽情地享受剩下的每一刻。

The good and the bad.

无论好的坏的。

We have given each other

我们已经给了

All that we have.

对方各自的所有。

And we both know, no matter what I do next

我们都知道,无论下一步我做什么

I'll always be that kid

我将永远是那个孩子

With the rolled up socks

穿着卷起的袜子

Garbage can in the corner

垃圾桶在角落里

:05 seconds on the clock

倒数五秒

Ball in my hands.

球在我的手里。

5 … 4 … 3 … 2 … 1

5…4…3…2…1

Love you always,

永远爱你的,

Kobe

科比



科比球衣退役仪式超感人演讲:真正的梦想不是到达终点,而是享受旅途


科比球衣退役演讲双语对照版

Thank you so much for tonight. But it's notabout my jerseys that are hanging up there for me, It's about the jerseys thatwere hanging up there before. It goes on and on. Without them, I couldn't behere today. They inspired me to play the game at a higher level.Magic[Johnson], Cap [Kareem Abdul-Jabbar], Shaq pushing me every day. [Elgin]Baylor. [Walt] Chamberlain. [Gail] Goodrich. [Jerry] West. [James] Worthy.

谢谢你们,谢谢你们,我想说的是,非常感谢这个夜晚,不是因为悬挂在那里的我的球衣,而是之前退役的那些球衣,没有他们,不会有今天的我,贾巴尔、魔术师、韦斯特、沙克他们每一天都在激励着我。

And secondly, it's about this classorganization...Jerry buss, your father believed in this skinny kid from Lowermerion high school philadafia.and it's also about the next generation, it'sabout current Lakers roster that we have here. It's about embodying the spiritthat exists in those jerseys up there and carrying this organization forward sothat the next 20 years are better than the past 20 years. That's what it'sabout.

我得感谢珍妮巴斯的父亲——杰里巴斯把我带到这儿来。球衣本身只是一件球衣,但每一件退役的球衣都代表着一种精神,这种精神将继续扛着这支球队前进,接下来的20年要比过去20年更加美好,这就是它的意义所在。

Then also about fans, the media. I thankall of you guys all understand that how presence you guys are with me, 5:30 inthe morning when i was running on my track or when i am on my way to my work, ididn't know if i can make it through, i thought about the expectation you gotfor me and you have for our team, it push me through, it got me throught those800 meters, 400 meter and 100 meters at 5:30 in the morning, i thank you.

感谢球迷,感谢媒体。你们不懂你们有多重要,在我早晨起床锻炼时,我都不知道自己能不能起来,但我知道一定要对得起你们的期待。

And it's about family. It's about my wife,Vanessa. You guys don't know this, but my last game that we had here againstthe Utah Jazz, I was really tired. I got home, and I was like, 'I don't know ifI can do this thing. I got one more game left, but I don't have any legs.' Andshe said, 'I want to show you something. I got a gift for you for your lastgame.' And she proceeded to show me the row of retired jerseys from Baylor,from Magic, from Shaq, from Cap, all with personal messages signed to me,including from Michael Jordan, including from the great Bill Russell, includingfrom the great Larry Byrd. When I saw that, I knew then that I had to turn itup," Kobe recalled as his wife watched, smiling wide. "So, thank you,baby, for being an inspiration to me.

还得感谢我的家庭,我的妻子瓦妮莎。上次我在这打球之前,最后一场,我说我太累了,不知道能打成什么样。瓦妮莎给我看了那些名宿的视频,看到了贝勒、乔丹、伯德、沙克的视频。我知道自己需要振作起来,谢谢你一直鼓励我。

Lastly our daughters, Natalia, Bianca andGianna. You guys know that if you do the work, you work hard enough, dreamscome true. You know that, we all know that. But hopefully what you get fromtonight is that those times when you get up early and you work hard; thosetimes when you stay up late and you work hard; those times when don’t feel likeworking — you’re too tired, you don’t want to push yourself — but you do itanyway. That is actually the dream. That’s the dream. It’s not the destination,it’s the journey. And if you guys can understand that, what you’ll see happenis that you won’t accomplish your dreams, your dreams won’t come true,something greater will. (Points to the rafters). And if you guys can understandthat, then I’m doing my job as a father.”

我的三个女儿,我希望他们明白,那些你早起的时光,那些你努力工作的时光,那些你熬夜的时光,努力学习的时光,那些你感觉自己没有在努力工作,感觉太疲惫的时光,那些你不想再逼迫自己,但仍还是选择继续那样做的时光,那就是追寻梦想的意义。

Thank you, I love you, Mamba out!

谢谢大家,我爱你们,mamba out




科比TED演讲《意志的力量》



科比曾说过的10句催人奋进的话



1. Have ever seen the scene of Los Angeles at 4am? I see often, because I have been starting training at that time.


你见过洛杉矶凌晨4点的样子吗?我经常见,因为我每天那个时候开始训练。

2. Heroes come and go, but legends are forever.


英雄是一时的,但传奇是一世的。

3. If you're afraid to fail then you're probably going to fail.


如果你害怕失败,那意味着你已经输了。

4. What I’m doing right now, I’m chasing perfection.


我现在所做的一切,都是为了追求更加完美。

5. Everything negative--pressure, challenges--is all an opportunity for me to rise.


压力、挑战,这一切消极的东西都是我成长的机会。

6. I don’t want to be the next Michael Jordan, I only want to be Kobe Bryant.


我不想做下一个迈克尔·乔丹,我只想做科比·布莱恩特。

7. Losing is losing, there aren't different degrees of losing. You either win a championship or you're shit. It's very black and white to me.


输球就是输球,没有程度高低。你要么赢得冠军,要么两手空空,就这么简单。

8. Boos do not block dunks.


嘘声又盖不了我帽。

9. Somebody has to win, so why not be me?


总是有人要赢的,那为什么不能是我呢?

10. Mamba Out.


曼巴出洞。

回顾:科比的篮球生涯




科比-布莱恩特,1996年起效力于NBA洛杉矶湖人队,17次入选NBA全明星阵容,1个常规赛MVP得主,5次率领洛杉矶湖人队夺得NBA总冠军,2次获得奥运会男篮金牌。


现任NBA总裁亚当-萧华说,“科比是历史上最伟大的篮球运动员之一。”


20年来,科比创造了无数辉煌。让我们再回顾一遍那些经典瞬间。


1996年科比签约湖人


What I'm doing right now, I'm chasing perfection.

我现在所做的一切,都是为了追求更加完美。


1997年扣篮大赛冠军


As far as carrying the torch for the years to come, I don’t know. I just want to be the best basketball player I can be.

我不知道需要多长时间才能取得辉煌,我只是想尽我所能去成为最出色的篮球运动员。


1998年科比与乔丹的对抗


I don't want to be the next Michael Jordan, I only want to be Kobe Bryant.

我可不想成为乔丹第二,我只想成为科比-布莱恩特。


2000年拿到第一个NBA总冠军


I focus on one thing and one thing only - that's trying to win as many championships as I can.

我的关注点只有一个——尽我所能为球队赢得更多总冠军。


2002年 科比第一座全明星MVP


Everything negative - pressure, challenges - is all an opportunity for me to rise.

压力、挑战,这一切消极的东西都是我取得成功的催化剂。


2002年西部决赛 科比和国王大战七场


I've learned to play when I'm struggling. I think that's what being a professional and growing up is all about. You realize you're not going to play well every night. You keep fighting and something good will happen.

在奋斗过程中,我学会了怎样打球。我想那就是作为职业球员的全部和成长的全部。你明白了你不可能每晚都打得很好,但你不停的奋斗会有好事到来的。


2008年北京奥运会 科比带领梦八拿到了金牌


I have self-doubt. I have insecurity. I have fear of failure. I have nights when I show up at the arena and I'm like, 'My back hurts, my feet hurt, my knees hurt. I don't have it. I just want to chill.' We all have self-doubt. You don't deny it, but you also don't capitulate to it. You embrace it.

我也会怀疑自己,会有不安全感,会害怕失败。有些晚上,当我来到球场上,感觉背也痛,脚也痛,膝盖也痛,不想干了啊。我们都会有自我怀疑,不需要否认,也不需要屈服,要拥抱它。


2009年科比夺得奥尼尔走后第一个总冠军


My parents are my backbone. Still are. They're the only group that will support you if you score zero or you score 40.

父母仍然是我打篮球的支柱。只有他们自始自终在支持你,不管你得到0分,还是砍下40分。


2010年全明星 受伤的科比


I always think I could miss 20 shots and believe that the 21st is going in. I just keep fighting.

我总是觉得我会投失前20投,并且相信那第21球一定会进!我只是不停的奋斗。


2010年 战胜凯尔特人 科比拿到第5冠


Love me or hate me, it's one or the other. Always has been. Hate my game, my swagger. Hate my fade away, my hunger. Hate that I'm a veteran. A champion. Hate that. Hate it with all your heart. And hate that I'm loved, for the exact same reasons.

爱我或者恨我,两者必有其一。一直都这样。有人恨我的比赛,我的狂妄自大;恨我的后仰投篮,我对胜利的渴望;恨我是一名老将,恨我获得过总冠军。恨吧,用你的全部心思去恨吧。然而也有很多人深爱着我,理由却和恨我的人一样。


2011年全明星科比暴扣詹姆斯拿到第四个全明星MVP


I'm chasing perfection.

我一直追求完美。


2012年科比面具侠新造型 鼻梁骨折仍上场拼杀


I play every game like it is my last.

我把每一场球赛都当作我的最后一场。


2013.04.13科比跟腱断裂


The most important thing is to try and inspire people so that they can be great in whatever they want to do.

最重要的是,去激励他人成就自己想成就的伟大。


2014.11.19科比生涯总得分突破32000分大关


I do not know what a pure point guard is. I just play the game & do whatever is necessary to win even it means I have to be selfish.

我不知道一个控球后卫是怎样的,我只知道要全力争取胜利,就算必须做得“自私”。


2014年科比总得分超越乔丹


It's all about always believing, I've seen the bad side of life and I survived. Now, I plan to enjoy the good side. And I don't plan to look back. My past has taught me a lot, and I'm not ashamed of it, it taught me how quickly things can be taken away from you. It taught me how important it is to believe in yourself even if others turn their back on you. It wasn't easy waking up in a cell. But it would've been easier to quit. I didn't do that. I fought through the hard times.

要一直相信,我经历了生活中黑暗的一面而生存下来了,我要享受美好的一面了!我并不打算往回看!我的过去教了我很多很多,我并不引以为耻,它使我明白身边的东西转瞬间就会失去的,它告诉我无论别人怎么看永远相信自己是多么重要。从原来的世界中醒来并不容易,而退出就简单多了。我没有退出。我奋斗着度过了最艰难的时期。


2015年对阵灰熊科比加冕“打铁王”


If you really want it!

只要心够决!


2015年1月右肩膀旋转袖肌腱撕裂


Sports are such a great teacher. I think of everything they've taught me: camaraderie, humility, how to resolve differences.

体育真是一位伟大的老师。我想得出它教我的一切:友情、谦逊、如何消除分歧。


女儿已成科比新动力


Christmas morning, I'm going to open presents with my kids. I'm going to take pictures of them opening the presents. Then I'm going to come to the Staples Center and get ready to work.

圣诞节早上,我会和孩子们一起打开礼物,拍下这一刻的照片。然后,我会去斯台普斯中心,开始工作。


这,叫执着

Heros come and go. But legends are forever.

英雄是一时的,但传奇是永远的。



翻译技术贴


对话框回复“号内搜”,快捷搜索号内信息

每一个“在看”,我都当成了喜欢

继续滑动看下一个

您可能也对以下帖子感兴趣

文章有问题?点此查看未经处理的缓存