其他
新概念英语第二册 Lesson50(视频+音频+单词+课文重点)
Lesson 50
First listen and then answer the question.
听录音,然后回答以下问题。
Why did the writer not get off the bus at Woodford Green?
I love travelling in the country, but I don't like losing my way.
我喜欢在乡间旅行,但却不愿意迷路。
I went on an excursion recently, but my trip took me longer than I expected.
最近我作了一次短途旅行,但这次旅行所花费的时间比我预计的要长。
'I'm going to Woodford Green,' I said to the conductor as I got on the bus, 'but I don't know where it is.'
“我要去伍德福德草地,”我一上车就对售票员说,“但我不知道它在那儿。”
'I'll tell you where to get off.' answered the conductor.
“我来告诉您在哪儿下车,”售票员回答说。
I sat in the front of the bus to get a good view of the countryside.
我坐在汽车的前部,以便饱览农村风光。
After some time, the bus stopped.
过了一些时候,车停了。
Looking round, I realized with a shock that I was the only passenger left on the bus.
我环视了一下身旁,惊奇地发现车里就只剩我一个乘客了。
'You'll have to get off here,' the conductor said. 'This is as far as we go.'
“您得在这里下车,”售票员说,“我们的车就到此为止了。”
'Is this Woodford Green?' I asked.
“这里是伍德福德草地吗?”我问道。
'Oh dear,' said the conductor suddenly. 'I forgot to put you off.'
“哎呀,”售票员突然说,“我忘了让您下车了。”
'It doesn't matter,' I said. 'I'll get off here.'
“没关系,”我说,“我就在这儿下吧。”
'We're going back now,' said the conductor.
“我们现在要返回去,”售票员说。
'Well, in that case, I prefer to stay on the bus,' I answered.
“好吧,既然如此,我还是留在车上吧。”我回答说。
生字
vocabulary
1 ride[raid] n.旅行
2 excursion[ik'skə:ʃən] n.远足
3 conductor [kən'dʌktə]n.售票员
4 view[vju:] n.景色
语法
grammar
在第26课的语法中,我们讲到有些表示状态和感觉的动词通常用于一般现在时而不用于进行时,如:appear, appreciate, believe, feel, forget, hear, know, like, look, notice, remember, resemble, see, think, understand。除了这些动词之外,另外有些表示所属关系以及喜好、憎恶、需要等感情的动词通常也只用于一般现在时而不用于进行时。这些动词包括belong to, consist of, contain, desire, detest, dislike, hate, hope, love, matter, mean, mind, need, want, wish等。它们往往表示通常的状态而不是具体动作。
The car belongs to Dan.
那辆车是丹的。(不可用进行时)
I need a new hat.
我需要一顶新帽子。(表示状态)