查看原文
其他

新概念英语第二册 Lesson95(视频+音频+课文重点)

拔尖课堂 2024-01-09

Lesson 95


A fantasy
纯属虚构

First listen and then answer the question.
听录音,然后回答以下问题。
Why was the Ambassador particularly lucky?


When the Ambassador of Escalopia returned home for lunch, his wife got a shock.
当艾斯卡罗比亚国的大使回到家吃午饭时,把他的夫人吓了一跳。


He looked pale and his clothes were in a frightful state.
他面色苍白,衣服也搞得不成样子。


What has happened?  she asked.  How did your clothes get into such a mess?
“发生了什么事?”她问,“你的衣服怎么搞得一塌糊涂?”


A fire extinguisher, my dear,  answered the Ambassador drily.
“灭火器弄的,亲爱的,”大使冷冷地回答,


University students set the Embassy on fire this morning.
“今天上午大学生们放火点着了大使馆。”


Good heavens!  exclaimed his wife.  And where were you at the time?
“天啊!”他的夫人惊叫,“那你当时在什么地方?”


I was in my office as usual,  answered the Ambassador.
“我和往常一样,在办公室里,”大使回答说。


The fire broke out in the basement. I went down immediately, of course,
“地下室突然着火,我当然马上下去了。


and that fool, Horst, aimed a fire extinguisher at me.
但那个傻瓜霍斯特把灭火器对准了我。


He thought I was on fire.
他认为是我着火了。


I must definitely get that fellow posted.

我一定要把那个家伙打发走。”

The Ambassador s wife went on asking questions, when she suddenly noticed a big hole in her husband s hat.
大使夫人继续提出问题,她突然又发现丈夫的帽子上有个洞。


And how can you explain that?  she asked.
“那么你对那又作何解释呢?”她问。


Oh, that,  said the Ambassador.
“那个嘛,”大使说,


Someone fired a shot through my office window.
“有人向我办公室窗户开了一枪。


Accurate, don t you think?

真够准的,是不是?


Fortunately, I wasn t wearing it at the time.
幸亏我当时没戴帽子。


If I had been, I would not have been able to get home for lunch.
如果真戴着它,我现在就不能回家来吃午饭了。”

 生字 

vocabulary

fantasyn.幻想故事

embassyn.大使馆

ambassadorn.大使

heavenn.天堂,天

frightfula.可怕的,令人吃惊的

basementn.地下室

fire extinguisher灭火器

definitelyadv.肯定地

drilyadv.冷淡地,枯燥无味地

postv.派任

shotn.子弹


语法

grammar 

动名词与动词不定式做宾语的含义不同

部分动词后接不定式或动名词时,含义相同(详见L44语法重点);

部分动词意义差别较大,应根据句子语境选择使用:

orget, remember, regret

Don't forget to post the letter for me. (忘记去做)

Have you forgotten meeting her in Beijing Airport?(忘记做过)

Remember to close the windows before you leave.(记得去做)

I remember writing him a letter a year ago.(记得做过)

We regret to tell you that all of you are not invited to attend the meeting.(很遗憾的告知)

They regretted ordering these books from abroad.(后悔做过)

总结:此类to do 表示要去做;doing表示做过。

 

mean to do  mean doing

I meant to catch up with the early bus.(打算,故意)

This means wasting a lot of money.(意味着)

try to do /doing

You should try to overcome your shortcomings.(设法尽力做某事)

Try knocking the door. Maybe he is home.(试着做某事)

 

stop to do/doing

On the way to the airport, I stopped to buy a paper.(停下一件事去做另一件事(不定式作目的状语)

You'd better stop arguing and do as you are told.(停止做某事)

can't help doing/to do

They couldn't help jumping up at the news.(禁不住……)

Sorry I have lots of work to do. So I can't help to make up the room for you.(不能帮助……)

 

go on to do/doing

He went on to talk about world situation.他接着又谈了世界形势。(做不同的事或不同内容的事)

We'll go on fighting so long as there is oppression in the world.(继续不停地做某事,指同一动作的继续)

继续滑动看下一个

您可能也对以下帖子感兴趣

文章有问题?点此查看未经处理的缓存