查看原文
其他

让我为你读一首旧情诗

2016-07-22 普特英语听力网

If I should see you,after long years. 
若我会见到你,事隔经年。
How should I greet , with tears,with silence.
我该如何致意,以眼泪,以沉默。


有人说,你宁可去读拜伦的一行诗,也不要去读现在的一百多种文学杂志。


歌德曾这样评价过他,拜伦无疑是本世纪最伟大最有才能的诗人,他既不是古典时代的,也不是浪漫时代的,他体现的是现时代。我所要求的就是他这种人。


今天为大家推荐的是乔治·戈登·拜伦的《春逝》,陈锡麟译。


When we two parted 

昔日依依惜别,

In silence and tears, 

泪流默默无言;

Half broken-hearted

离恨肝肠断,

To serve for years, 

此别又几年。

Pale grew thy cheek and cold, 

冷颊向愕然,

Colder thy kiss, 

一吻寒更添;

Truly that hour foretold 

日后伤心事,

Sorrow to this! 

此刻已预言。

The dew of the morning 

朝起寒露重,

Suck chill or my brow

凛冽凝眉间

It felt like the warning 

彼时已预告:

Of what I feel now. 

悲伤在今天。

Thy cows are all broken, 

山盟今安在?

And light is thy fame;

汝名何轻贱!

I hear thy name spoken,

吾闻汝名传,

And share in its shame.

羞愧在人前。

They name thee before me, 

闻汝名声恶,

A knell to mine ear;

犹如听丧钟。

A shudder comes o'er me

不禁心怵惕

Why wert thou so dear? 

往昔情太浓。

Thy know not I knew thee 

谁知旧日情,

who knew thee too well: 

斯人知太深。

Long, Long shall I rue thee 

绵绵长怀恨,

Too deeply to tell.

尽在不言中。

In secret we met— 

昔日喜幽会,

In silence I grieve 

今朝恨无声。

That thy heart could forget, 

旧情汝已忘,

Thy spirit deceive. 

痴心遇薄幸。

If I should meet thee 

多年惜别后,

After long years,

抑或再相逢,

How should I greet thee ? 

相逢何所语?

With silence and tears. 

泪流默无声。




推荐阅读




  关注普特英语  

获取更多精彩


您可能也对以下帖子感兴趣

文章有问题?点此查看未经处理的缓存