Established in 2013, the hedge fund is led by a team of experienced investors with previous analyst experience in investment banks. The fund holds license 4&9 under Hong Kong SFC. The fund uses bottom-up fundamental strategies and focuses on mid-small caps in Hong Kong stock market. In 2016, it is acquired by Orient Victory China Holdings (265.HK).
Company website: www.afantiasset.com (website under maintenance due to name change)
Junior Research Analyst
1. Provide macro economy analysis as well as main stream market judgments based on sell side research reports and discussions with fund manager.
2. Responsible for fund monthly newsletter communications with investors which present macro analysis, fund performance and market judgment in English and Chinese.
3. Frequent In-house presentation of industry and topic researches.
4. Research on fundamentals of interested HK-listed/US-listed companies which requires meeting with listed companies and also follow up due diligence.
5. Assist in monitoring of market and portfolio through daily reviews of the market and financial news, stop-loss alert and production of other needed market data by applying Bloomberg API.
6. Responsible for producing investment portfolio proposals, business plans and other fund documents.
1. Strong passion for further development in finance and securities industry, as well as natural interests in investment.
2. Decent English and Chinese writing skills and strong reading skills.
3. Basic-to-medium understanding of the stock market.
4. Good analytic skills and independent thinking.
5. Bachelor degree (Master is welcomed) in Economics, Finance, Journalism and other related majors. Other majors with good English and Chinese writing skills are also welcomed.
6. Familiarity with Bloomberg and advanced excel (vlookup) is an advantage.