查看原文
其他

中英双语阅读198 | Life is a gift 享受生活(附音频)

每天分享一篇中英双语阅读,对英语口语的练习很有帮助,也是积累英语考试中写作,翻译素材的好资料,加油吧!



中英双语美文198


Life is a gift

享受生活


Today before you think of saying an unkind word,

如今,在你出言不逊前,


Think of someone who can't speak.

想想那些身患哑疾的人吧。


Before you complain about the taste of your food,

在抱怨食物不够美味前,


Think of someone who has nothing to eat.

想想那些还在忍饥挨饿的人们吧。


Before you complain about your husband or wife,

在抱怨婚姻对象不尽如意时,


Think of someone who's crying out to God for a companion.

想想那些还在为找不到对象而愁苦的人吧。


Today before you complain about life,

在为生活的种种深感郁闷前,


Think of someone who went too early to heaven.

想想那些早已离开人世的人吧。


Before you complain about your children,

在为孩子不听话而气恼前,


Think of someone who desires children but they're barren.

想想那些不能生育而渴求孩子的人吧。


Before you argue about your dirty house someone didn't clean or sweep,

在为房子没人清洁打扫而发牢骚前,


Think of the people who are living in the streets.

想想那些无家可归的人吧。


Before whining about the distance you drive,

在抱怨行车旅途太长前,


Think of someone who walks the same distance with their feet.

想想那些要走相同距离的徒步者吧。


And when you are tired and complain about your job,

在你感到疲惫,厌烦工作前,


Think of the unemployed, the disabled and those who wished they had your job.

想想那些失业工人和残疾人以及渴望有一份你这样的工作的人吧。


But before you think of pointing your finger or condemning another,

在指责他人前,想学习更多英语知识,请关注口袋英语aikoudaiyy


Remember that not one of us is without sin and we all answer to one maker.

想想吧,人都不是完美的,我们都对上帝尽责。


And when depressing thoughts seem to get you down,

当消极思维让你深感沮丧时,


Put a smile on your face and thank God you're alive and still around.

微笑吧,并感谢上帝赐予你生命。


Life is a gift,

生活是一份礼物,


Enjoy it,

享受它,


Celebrate it,

庆祝它,


And fulfill it...

充实它。


And while you want to give love to someone today,

当你要向某人表达爱意,


Love someone with what you do and the words you say,

用你的言行去爱吧。


Love is not meant to be kept locked inside of us and hidden,

爱并非要深藏于心底,


So give it away" Give love to someone today!"

表达出来吧,“现在就去爱!”

▼往期双语▼中英双语阅读197 | Love and Time 爱情与时间(附音频)
中英双语阅读196 | 如果有一天你想哭(附音频)
中英双语阅读195 | Stray Birds《飞鸟集》 泰戈尔(附音频)
中英双语阅读194 | Salty Coffee 咸咖啡(附音频)
中英双语阅读193 | Four wives in our lives 生命中的四位爱人(附音频)
中英双语阅读192 | A carpenter's story(附音频)
中英双语阅读191 | Self-Awareness 自我意识(附音频)
中英双语阅读190 | The Cobbler and the banker 皮匠和银行家(附音频)
更多往期精彩内容点击阅读原文查看哦!

    您可能也对以下帖子感兴趣

    文章有问题?点此查看未经处理的缓存