查看原文
其他

中英双语阅读225 | 你要成为自己的那道光

每天分享一篇中英双语阅读,对英语口语的练习很有帮助,也是积累英语考试中写作,翻译素材的好资料,加油吧!


中英双语美文225


你要成为自己的那道光


Have you ever been around someone who immediately put you at ease? Perhaps you may be one of those people who others feel safe around.

有没有遇到过那么个人,只要他/她在你身边,你立即就觉得安心?或许你就是让别人觉得安心的那么一个人。


What is the common thread in people who emanate warmth? Some may think it is related to personality or physical appearance. But this does little to explain why bright beacons of light can be found anywhere. Essence has nothing to do with our exterior.

那些气场中自带温暖的人有哪些共性呢?一些人也许认为这与性格或外貌有关。但这基本解释不了为什么明亮的灯塔之光四处可见。本质与我们的外在无关。


I like to believe the common thread is a universal trait we are all able to tap into. When we see the truth of who we are and wholeheartedly love every part of that truth, we automatically shine. When we embrace our essence and live in congruence with who we are, we radiate peace.

我愿意相信这个共性是我们都能够触及的、普遍存在的品质。当我们欣赏自己的本质并全心全意热爱着这一切的时候,我们自然而然就会出类拔萃。当我们欣然接受自己的本质并遵循本心来生活的时候,我们会自带平和的光环。


Every day we can choose to wake up and see the gift of getting to be who we are. When we decide to live from this way of 'being' , it becomes easy to see this same light and gift in everyone — even those who may not yet see it in themselves.

每一天,我们都可以选择一醒来就欣赏做自己这一项天赋。当我们决定以“本性”来生活的时候,在每个人身上,甚至是那些可能还没有开始欣赏自身本性的人身上,我们变得很容易就能看到同样的光芒和天赋了。


The benefits of self-love are many. What I know to be true without a doubt in my heart, is that we are all capable of giving this gift to ourselves.

自爱的益处有很多。我所知道的真相就是,我们都能赋予自己这项天赋,这一点我深信不疑。


These words help me remember why embracing my essence is always the best thing to do. Perhaps this may resonate with where you are.

这些话让我想起欣然接受自己的本质始终是上策的原因。或许这也会与你产生共鸣。



When you love who you are

当你爱自己的时候


you become a conduit of light

你会成为一道光


Just drop into your heart space

只需触及心房


and live life from this view

并遵循本心来生活


For all of this doing

做这一切


is not who you are

无关你是谁


Listen to your heart’s soft whisper

聆听内心轻柔的呢喃


this voice will show you the way

她会告诉你方法


Live life from your essence

遵循本性来生活


is what she will say

她会这样告诉你


See the light in yourself

欣赏自身的光芒


and your world will be bright

你的世界都会变得明亮


There is no need to worry

没必要担心


you are exactly as you should be

你正是自己本来的模样


remember to love who you are

记得爱自己


and love you will see

爱自己欣赏的一切


▼往期双语▼中英双语阅读223 | Think it over 好好想想(附音频)
中英双语阅读222 | Love after Love 爱复爱(附音频)
中英双语阅读221 | So Much to Learn 学无止境(附音频)
中英双语阅读220 | 莎士比亚 Sonnet 130  第十四行诗130(附音频)
中英双语阅读219 | Bright Star  明亮的星(附音频)
中英双语阅读218 |  When The Wind Blows 当风吹起的时候
中英双语阅读217 | The Passionate Shepherd To His Love  牧羊恋歌(附音频)
中英双语阅读216 | Words to Life 请记住生活告诉你的一切(附音频)
中英双语阅读215 | 活成自己想要的样子(附音频)
更多往期精彩内容点击阅读原文查看哦

    您可能也对以下帖子感兴趣

    文章有问题?点此查看未经处理的缓存