查看原文
其他

翻译备考 | 关键词汉译英 | 043 |“ 炒股”


关注北极光翻译

学习英语,领悟翻译,沟通世界!



炒股


汉语关键词

 

炒股、炒股者、股民、基金、炒基金


英语关键词



invest in stock market,  make stockinvestment,make investments in stock market,tradestocks, buy and sell stock investor, stockpicker, pick stocks, stock trader, stock investor, stock picker, mutual fund, stock fund, invest in mutual fund, enter stock fund market



句子

如果你炒垃圾股,你会输掉裤子。


误译

You'd lose your trousers/pants if you invest in junk stocks.


正译

You'd lose your shirt if you invest in junk stocks.

“输掉裤子”是个比喻,就是“输个精光”。英国英语的to lose one’s trousers和美国英语的to lose one’s pants的字面意思是“掉裤子”。但是在与赌博相关的语境里,这两个短语才有"输个精光”的比喻意义。美国英语 to lose one’s shirt 的意思不是“掉衬衣”,而是 to lose everything one owns,相当于“输个精光”。例如:


1.你最好系紧腰带,而不要掉裤子。

It is better to tighten your belt than to lose your trousers.

2.你在战场上掉了裤子,会发生什么情况?

What happens when you lose your trousers on the battlefield?

3.如果你的腰带松了,你会掉裤子。

If your belt is looseyou might lose your pants.

4.在赌场里,你可能输个精光,也可能赢得盆满钵丰。

In the gambling house, you can either lose your trousers or make loads of money.

5.一个赌徒可能在牌桌上输个精光。

A gambler may lose his pants at the card table.

6.如果你不想输个精光,你就得下个好点的赌注。

If you don’t want to lose your pantsyou have to make smarter bets.

7.他在一笔糟糕的生意里输了个精光。

He lost his shirt in a bad business deal.

8.喝啤酒上瘾,你会肚子大得提不上裤子,也会把钱花光一文不剩。

Addicted to beer, you will lose your pants and shirt.

 

“炒股”就是投资股票市场,从事买卖股票活动。英语可以译为to invest in stock market, to make stock investment, to make investments instock market, to trade stocks, to buy and sell stocks,to pick stocks。注意to pick stocks有to select stocks的意思,即“选择股票”。例如:


9.因为我依然相信传统的储蓄,所以我不炒股。

I do not invest in stock market as I still believe in the traditional savings.

10.当你炒股时,你必须设法使收益最大化,使风险最小化。

When you invest in stock market, you must try to maximize your returns and minimize your risks.

11.调查表明:有些大学生用借来的钱当资本炒股。

An investigation indicates that some university students invested in stock market with the money they had borrowed as capital.

12.如果你炒你不了解的股,你会输个精光。

If you invest something you don’t know aboutyou can lose your shirt.

13.中国现在正处于一个千百万人炒股的热潮中。

China is now in an upsurge where tens of millions of people are enthusiastic about making stock investment.

14.我想炒股,但是没有任何经验,也不知道如何开始。

I want to make investments in stock market but I don’t have any experience and don’t know how to start.

15.自控能力不强的人不宜炒股。

It is inappropriate for those who are not good at self-control to make investments in stock market.

16.最近,股市吸引了越来越多炒股的人。

Recently, the stock market has drawn more and more people who trade stocks.

17.不要鼓励孩子拿压岁钱去炒股。

Children are not encouraged to buy stocks with the lucky money given to them as a lunar New Year’s gift.

18.如果你买了坏股票,你会输个精光。

If you buy a bad stock, you can lose your shirt.

19.最好在你心态平和而宁静时炒股。

It is much better to pick stocks when you have some peace and quiet.

20.你应该设法炒好的股票,卖掉坏的股票。

You should try to pick good stocks and sell bad ones.

21.读了一本书就冒险进入市场炒股,如同读了一本书就挑战一位武术高手。

Venturing into the market to pick stocks after reading a book is like challenging a martial arts expert after reading a book.

22.作为一个炒股高手,他善于炒赚钱的股票。


As an artful stock picker, he is good at selecting stocks that make money.

“炒股者”是投资股票市场,从事买卖股票活动的人,即“股民”。英语

可以译为 stock trader, stock investor,stock picker。例如:


23.一些新股民看到别人在股市上挣了大钱,也来炒股。

Having seen that other people had made big money in stock market, some novice stock traders also bought and sold stocks.

24.炒股者须牢记:投资的收益越高,风险越高。

A stock trader must bear in mind that the higher the returns from an investment arethe higher the risk is.  

25.许多股民想通过炒股挣点钱。

Many stock investors wish to make some money through trading stocks.

26.因为股市充满风险,股民炒股须谨慎。

As the stock market is full of risks, the investors must be cautious intrading stocks.

27.这个炒股者通过买蓝筹股获得巨大收益。

The stock picker scored big returns through buying blue-chip stocks.

 

“基金”可以译为mutual fund或stock fund。“炒基金”可以译为to invest in mutual fund,to enter stock fund market。例如:


28.如果你想知道如何炒基金,你可以阅读我们的建议,这会给你提供更多的成功的机遇。

If you want to know how to invest in stock fundyou can read our tips which offers you more chances to success.

29.老年人在初次炒基金时应该慢慢来。

Seniors should go slow in first entering stock fund market.


推荐阅读

合辑 | 双语语料库下载

合辑 1 | 双语美文 001-030

合辑 2 | 双语美文 031-050

合辑 1 | 翻译备考 | 关键词汉译英001-020

合辑 2 | 翻译备考 | 关键词汉译英 021-039

合辑 | Speak English Like An American (01-25)

语料库 | 财经金融类语料库

2017年政府工作报告

2017年李克强答记者问

语料库 | 中英对照 | 政府工作报告

翻译技术 | 如何做原文与译文对照格式?

法律翻译 | 180万字200部法律条例语料库分享

【翻译技术】实用翻译工具Search and Replace

【语料库】医学类中英对照词汇整理

【实用技术】如何把长段音频切割成几小段音频

【语料库】机械类词汇下载

【语料库】3460页234万字 txt格式政府白皮书

【语料库下载】地名、人名、机构名的翻译

干货来了:BBC经典纪录片《美丽中国》Wild China





篇篇有干货,天天有惊喜


点赞是鼓励,分享增知识!

长按以下二维码

欢迎关注“北极光翻译

微信号:beijiguangfanyi

@小编:微信/QQ:563730218

译员招聘:3304541650@qq.com


  点击左下角【阅读原文】发现更多惊喜


继续滑动看下一个

您可能也对以下帖子感兴趣

文章有问题?点此查看未经处理的缓存