【双语】英国首相特蕾莎·梅寄语参加里约奥运会的英国运动健儿
Rio Olympics 2016: Theresa May's message
https://v.qq.com/txp/iframe/player.html?vid=y03199r8fkp&width=500&height=375&auto=0
On behalf of the whole country I want to wish Team GB every success for this summer’s Olympic Games in Rio.
我谨代表全国人民,祝福英国奥运健儿们,在里约奥运收获成功。
Four years ago you won more medals than countries 10 times our size.
4年前,你们赢得的奖牌数量,甚至超过了国土面积比我们大10倍的国家。
Your sheer[1] hard work, your courage and character inspired our nation and brought our United Kingdom together with a wonderful sense of pride.
你们的努力,勇气和品格,鼓舞了整个国家,让英国人民骄傲自豪团结一心。
[1]sheer:used to emphasize how very great, important or powerful a quality or feeling is; nothing except 完全的,彻底的
The suggestion is sheer nonsense.
这个建议纯粹是胡言乱语。
His success was due to sheer willpower/determination.
他的成功全靠自己的意志力/决心。
I know that you will do so again.
我知道你们能再次做到!
And although you will not see the same crowds cheering you on in Rio, I want you to know that those same crowds will be there in spirit.
尽管在里约为你们欢呼的不再是家乡的群众,但请你们放心,家乡人民一直与你们同在。
The whole nation will be behind you, watching on our televisions and backing you all the way.
整个国家都是你们坚强的后盾,从电视观看比赛,至始至终给你们加油鼓劲。
English, Scottish, Welsh and Northern Irish all together with 1 flag, singing 1 anthem[国歌] and supporting 1 team. Our team. Team GB.
英格兰,威尔士,苏格兰和北爱尔兰,拥有一面共同的国旗,唱同一首国歌,支持同一支队伍,我们的队伍,英国队。
So Good Luck in Rio – and I say to the whole country, let’s ‘Bring on the Great’ this summer.
祝你们在里约取得好成绩,这句话我想告诉全英国人民,这个夏天让我们展现一个伟大的不列颠。
英文原文来源:http://t.cn/RtNUwSg
中文翻译来源网络,仅供参考
······
英音材料
······