查看原文
其他

中英双语阅读251 | 愿得一人心 白首不分离

每天分享一篇中英双语阅读,对英语口语的练习很有帮助,也是积累英语考试中写作,翻译素材的好资料,加油吧!

中英双语美文251



愿得一人心,白首不分离

文:Marc Chernoff

One warm evening many years ago…

犹记得多年前,那个让人暖心的夜晚。


After spending nearly every waking minute with Angel for eight straight days,

整整8天除了睡着其余的时间我都陪着安吉尔,酝酿已久,

I knew that I had to tell her just one thing.

我想我一定要告诉她一件事。


So late at night, just before she fell asleep, I whispered it in her ear.

于是这天夜里,就在她刚刚睡下,我便在她耳边轻声说起来。


She smiled – the kind of smile that makes me smile back – and she said,

说完她就笑了,是那种希望得到我回应的笑,接着说道:


"When I'm seventy-five and I think about my life and what it was like to be young,

“真希望我老到75岁的时候,开始回忆,


I hope that I can remember this very moment."

这一刻须臾会变成永恒。”


A few seconds later she closed her eyes and fell asleep.

很快她就闭上眼睛睡着了。


The room was peaceful – almost silent.

整个房间祥和安静,甚至有些寂静。


All I could hear was the soft purr of her breathing.

耳畔起伏着安吉尔轻柔的呼吸声。


I stayed awake thinking about the time we'd spent together

我清醒的回忆我们共度的这些美好时光,


and all the choices in our lives that made this moment possible.

是冥冥之中的选择成就了我们在一起的时刻。


And at some point, I realized that it didn't matter what we'd done or where we'd gone.

我们做过什么,去过哪里都不重要。


Nor did the future hold any significance.

甚至未来也不重要。


All that mattered was the serenity of the moment.

眼下最重要的就是此刻的和谐安宁。


Just being with her and breathing with her.

只要能与她同呼吸共命运,便别无所求。

▼往期双语▼中英双语阅读248 |  Love me little, Love me long 爱我少一点,爱我久一点
中英双语阅读247 |  舒婷《致橡树》 To the Oak Tree
中英双语阅读246 |  顾城最经典的一首小诗《门前》
中英双语阅读245 |  戴望舒《雨巷》(附音频)
中英双语阅读244 |  The Nails and the Fence 钉子和篱笆(附音频)
中英双语阅读243 |  I Like for You to Be Still  我喜欢你是寂静的(附音频)
中英双语阅读242 | 朱自清《匆匆》(含音频)
中英双语阅读241 | Be yourself, never give up 保持自我,永不放弃

中英双语阅读240 | A Story on an Island  孤岛上的故事(附音频)

中英双语阅读239 | 马克•吐温给年青人的建议Mark Twain is Advice to Youth(附音频)

更多往期精彩内容点击阅读原文查看哦

    您可能也对以下帖子感兴趣

    文章有问题?点此查看未经处理的缓存