查看原文
其他

袁可嘉译叶芝诗5首

叶芝 星期一诗社 2024-01-10

柳园里

Down by the Salley Gardens

 

柳园里我和心爱者曾经相遇,

Down by the salley gardens my love and I did meet;

她雪白的小脚从柳园走过去。

She passed the salley gardens with little snow-white feet.

她要我把爱情看淡些,像树上长绿叶;

She bid me take love easy, as the leaves grow on the tree;

但我年轻而愚蠢,却不肯同意。

But I, being young and foolish, with her would not agree.

 

我和心爱者站在河边草地上,

In a field by the river my love and I did stand,

她把雪白的手往我前倾的肩头放。

And on my leaning shoulder she laid her snow-white hand.

她要我把人生看淡些,像坟上长绿草;

She bid me take life easy, as the grass grows on the weirs;

但我年轻而愚蠢,如今泪如潮。

But I was young and foolish, and now am full of tears.


 


亚当的恶运(节选)

Adam's Curse(Excerpt)

 

一提到爱字,我们就不再说话,

We sat grown quiet at the name of love;

眼看着夕阳发出最后的火花,

We saw the last embers of daylight die,

颤栗的天空蓝得发绿,

And in the trembling blue-green of the sky

像时光之流冲洗的贝壳,一轮残月;

A moon, worn as if it had been a shell

这流水在星球间升起又降落,

Washed by time's waters as they rose and fell

最后破碎成岁岁月月。

About the stars and broke in days and years.

 

我有个想法,只说给你一人听,

I had a thought for no one's but your ears:

你是美丽的,我竭力尽心,

That you were beautiful, and that I strove

用古老的高尚方式来爱你;

To love you in the old high way of love;

仿佛是皆大欢喜,但我和你

That it had all seemed happy, and yet we'd grown

却像那轮残月般深感倦意。

As weary-hearted as that hollow moon.



重誓

A Deep-sworn Vow


因为你没把重誓守住,

Others because you did not keep

别的人成了我的朋友;

That deep-sworn vow have been friends of mine;

但是每一次我面对死亡,

Yet always when I look death in the face,

或者攀登梦乡高处,

When I clamber to the heights of sleep,

或心情振奋,喝了点酒,

Or when I grow excited with wine,

突然间我总看见你脸庞。

Suddenly I meet your face.

 



快乐的牧人之歌(节选)

The Song of the Happy Shepherd(Excerpt)


我得走了!在一座坟上,

I must be gone: there is a grave

百合和黄水仙飘荡,

Where daffodil and lily wave,

我将取悦于不幸的牧神,

And I would please the hapless faun,

用快乐的歌声迎接曙光,

Buried under the sleepy ground,

他葬身于睡意浓浓的土下方;

With mirthful songs before the dawn.

 

His shouting days with mirth were crowned;

我还梦见他行走草地,

And still I dream he treads the lawn,

在露水间幽魂般游荡,

Walking ghostly in the dew,

浸透了我快乐的歌吟,

Pierced by my glad singing through,

关于古老土地的多梦的青春。

My songs of old earth's dreamy youth:

啊,她不再做梦了,你做梦吧!

But ah! she dreams not now; dream thou!

因为山崖上罂粟花开得美丽,

For fair are poppies on the brow:

梦吧,梦吧,因为这也是真理。

Dream, dream, for this is also sooth.

 


噢,别爱太久

O do not Love Too Long

 

亲爱的,可别爱太久;

Sweetheart, do not love too long:

我爱得又长又久,

I loved long and long,

就像一支老歌曲

And grew to be out of fashion

人们不再记心头。

Like an old song.

 

我们的青春时代

All through the years of our youth

谁也不能分辨

Neither could have known

你的或我的思想,

Their own thought from the other's,

我们是一致无间。

We were so much at one.

 

不过噢,一瞬间她就变——

But O, in a minute she changed—

噢,可别爱太久,

O do not love too long,

你会像一支老歌



相关阅读:

叶芝诗30首

叶芝《十字路口》

叶芝《当你老了》

叶芝《茵尼斯弗利岛》

叶赛宁《我记得》

博尔赫斯《我用什么才能留住你》

博尔赫斯《棋•Ⅱ》

博尔赫斯《南方》

博尔赫斯《我的一生》

博尔赫斯 季米特洛娃 米沃什《诗艺》

特拉克尔《给孩子埃利斯》

辛波斯卡《在一颗小星下》

辛波斯卡《种种可能》

辛波斯卡.扎加耶夫斯基.布罗茨基《云》

托马斯•哈代《对镜》

玛丽·奥利弗《黑水塘》

纪伯伦《我曾有七次鄙视自己的灵魂》

继续滑动看下一个

您可能也对以下帖子感兴趣

文章有问题?点此查看未经处理的缓存