查看原文
其他

英语绘本:Let's Be Friends Again《我们做回朋友吧》

英语版 2024-01-09



This is a story about my little sister and me.

这是我和我妹妹的故事。





Usually we got along well together. 

我们通常相处得很愉快。


But…sometimes my little sister was a real pest.

但是……有时候我的妹妹很讨厌。


Particularly when I had to baby-sit.

特别是我得给她当保姆的时候。





But she was a good listener when I told bedtime stories.

但是当我讲睡前故事的时候,她听得可认真了。





Sometimes I hated having to share things with her all the time.

有时候我不想一直和她分享我的东西。


But she was a great pirate!

但是她是一个很棒的海盗!





One day my little sister did a terrible thing.

有一天,我妹妹做了件糟糕的事。





She thought that my pet turtle needed more exercise.

她以为我的宠物乌龟需要多锻炼。





So she decided to set it free in the pond!

所以她决定在池塘里把它放生了。





When I saw what she had done, I was madder than I’d ever been before.

我知道了以后,生气了。我从没发过这么大的脾气。


I could have killed her right there and then.

当时我真想了结了她。





But my parents didn’t like that idea and separated us quickly.

但是我的爸爸妈妈不希望我这么做,很快就把我们分开了。





My sister said that she was sorry.

我妹妹对我说对不起。


But I felt that was not enough!

但是我觉得光道歉没有用!


I was very angry.

我非常生气。





She even offered to buy me a new turtle with her pocked money.

她甚至提出用压岁钱给我买只新的乌龟。


But I didn’t want a new one.

但是我不想要新的。


I wanted MY turtle back!

我想要我那只被放生的乌龟回来!





My parents didn’t say much.

我的爸爸妈妈没有说太多话。


They seemed to be on her side.

他们看起来都站在妹妹那边。


I went to my room and slammed the door as loudly as I could.

我回到房间,用力地关上了房门。





I thought of many ways to punish my little sister.

我想出了好多好多方法来惩罚我妹妹。





I tried to get some sleep.But it didn’t work.

我想要睡觉。但是睡不着。





I began to feel sick.I was convinced I even had a temperature!

我病了。我相信我肯定发烧了!





I was too upset to get out of bed.

我太失落,不想起床啦。


Meanwhile, my sister was singing and dancing in the garden.

但是同时,妹妹正在院子里唱着歌,跳着舞。


She seemed to be having the best time of her life.

她看起来过得好得不能再好了。





I was the one who was upset and my little sister didn’t seem to care at all.

我很失落,但是我妹妹看起来并不关心。


My turtle was gone!

我的乌龟没了!


How could she forget all about it so easily.

她怎么能这么快就忘记了这一切。


I was mad, mad,MAD!

我气!气!气!太生气啦!





I punched my pillows a few times as hard as I could,Let go of an awful scream…and felt a lot better.

我用力地敲打着我的枕头,大声地尖叫了一声……然后觉得好多了。





Finally I knew what to do.

终于,我知道该怎么做啦。





I got up and put on my shoes.

我穿上鞋子。


Then I went outside to where my sister was feeding the dog.

然后走了出去,到了我妹妹喂狗狗的地方。





I said to her,”I’ll help you with that,”and she smiled.

我对她说,“我来帮你一起喂。”她微笑啦。





“By the way,” I said after a little while,

“顺便一提,”我过了会儿又说,


”the thing with the turtle is OK. I’m not angry anymore.”

“乌龟那件事儿没事儿啦。我不生气了。”






“Does that mean we are friends again?”asked my sister.

“意思是我们又能做朋友啦?”妹妹问。


“Yes,”I said.”We’re friends again.”

“是的,”我说,“我们又是朋友啦。”


I was surprised how easy it was to say that.

我没想到,说出这句话竟然如此容易。


Then I asked her,”Do you want to come to the pet shop with me?”

于是我问她,“你愿意和我一起去宠物商店吗?”


“To buy a new turtle?”

“去买一只新乌龟吗?”


“No,”I said and smiled.

“不。”我微笑着说。





“We are going to buy a couple of hamsters,”I said.

 “我们要去买两只小仓鼠,”我说,


“One for you and one for me. We can keep them in the old aquarium.”

“一只给我,一只给你。我们可以在旧的水缸里养它们。”


My sister took my hand and off we went.

于是妹妹牵着我的手,我们就这样出发了。




 合辑丨经典英语童话(1-125集)


    合辑 | 英文版《小猪佩奇》第一季(1-52集全)


    合辑 | 英文版《小猪佩奇》第二季(1-53集全)

 

    合辑 | 英文版《小猪佩奇》第三季(1-52集全)


英语绘本合辑


01-Sam sheep can't sleep《绵羊山姆睡不着》

02-When I Get Bigger《当我长大了》

03-Maisy's Christmas Eve《小鼠波波的平安夜》

04-Happy Birthday, Danny and the Dinosaur!《生日快乐,丹尼和恐龙》

05-Ten Apples up on Top《头顶十个苹果》

06-The Little Egg《小鸡蛋》

07-Little Big《小大人》

08-Bob's Secret Hideaway《鲍勃的秘密藏身之处》

    09-A Jumper for James《詹姆斯的套头毛衣》

    10-The Hat《帽子》

    11-New Blue Shoes《蓝色新鞋子》

    12-Changing Colours《会变色的兔子》

   13- Where the Wild Things Are 《野兽出没的地方》

    14-My No, No, No Day! 《什么都不要的一天》

   15-Jack and Jill and Big Dog Bill 《杰克、吉尔和大狗比尔》

   16-Elephant's Ears《大象的耳朵》

   17-The Mermaid and the Octopus《美人鱼和章鱼》

   18-The Very Busy Hen《忙碌的母鸡》

   19-Time for school《上学时间到啦》

   20-I Love You《我爱你》

   21-Doing Nothing 《无所事事的小青蛙》

   22-Mother Sea Turtle《海龟妈妈》

   23-Mom and Kayla《妈妈和凯拉》

  24-Rabbit on the run 《奔跑的兔子》

  25-Llama Llama Misses Mama《拉玛想妈妈》

  26-Dinosaur Roar《恐龙在咆哮》

  27-The Crow And The Jug《乌鸦喝水》

  28-What do you like? 《你爱吃什么》

  29-Give Thanks For Each Day 《感谢每一天》

  30-The Doorbell Rang《门铃响了》

  31-Biscuit Visits the Big City 《小饼干去大城市》

  32-It's Okay to Be Different 《不一样没关系》

  33-Ten Black Dots《十个小黑点》

  34-I Love School 《我爱学校》

  35-Biscuit and the Lost Teddy Bear《小饼干和泰迪熊》

  36-Shopping《购物》




继续滑动看下一个

您可能也对以下帖子感兴趣

文章有问题?点此查看未经处理的缓存