BBC地道英语|Not a sausage 一丁点也没有
往期听力
BBC地道英语|Down in the dumps 心情跌入谷底
BBC地道英语|Down in the dumps 心情跌入谷底
BBC地道英语|A busman‘s holiday 照常工作的节假日
BBC地道英语|Left, right, and centre 到处,四面八方
BBC地道英语|A sting in the tail 不愉快的结局
Hello and welcome to The English We Speak. I’m Neil…
大家好,欢迎收听地道英语。我是尼尔……
…and I’m Feifei. So, Neil, did you hear anything?
……我是菲菲。尼尔,你听说什么了吗?
About what, Feifei?
关于什么的呀,菲菲?
Rob’s new job. He must have told you something?
罗布的新工作。他肯定告诉了你些什么吧?
No. He didn’t even mention it.
没有。他甚至没有提过这件事。
How strange. Not even a little clue?
太奇怪了。甚至连一点小小的线索都没有吗?
No, not a sausage.
不,一点也没有。
Well, I’m sure we’ll find out soon enough. In the meantime – let’s explain that wonderful phrase you just used.
好,我相信我们很快就会弄明白的。同时,让我们来解释你刚刚用的这个很棒的短语吧。
In this programme we are teaching you the very cute but slightly old-fashioned phrase: not a sausage.
在这期节目里,我们要教给你们一个非常可爱但是稍微有些过时的短语:一丁点也没有。
We use it to mean ’nothing at all’. It’s generally used for emphasis or to show mild surprise.
我们用它来指“什么都没有”。它通常用来强调或表示程度较轻的意外。
It’s informal and friendly. Let’s listen to some examples to get a better sense of how it’s used:
这个短语是非正式且友好的。让我们听一些例子,来更好地理解这个短语是怎么用的吧:
Did you find any good deals?
你找到什么好的买卖了吗?
No, not a sausage.
没,丝毫没有。
Did the boss say anything about my project?
关于我这个项目,老板说了什么吗?
No, sorry, not a sausage.
没有,抱歉,一点也没说。
Are there any sandwiches left?
还有剩下的三明治吗?
I’m afraid not. Not a sausage.
恐怕没了。一点也没有了。
That last example might have sounded confusing: No sandwiches left?
最后一句听上去可能让人困惑:没有三明治了吗?
Not a sausage! Yes, confusingly, we were asking about another kind of food – and the answer was still not a sausage.
一丁点也没了!是的,确实令人困惑,我们明明问的是另外一种食物,可回答却还是“没有香肠”(一点也没了)。
You know what? All this talk of sausages is making me hungry.
你知道吗?说香肠说的我都饿了。
Indeed. I’m meeting Rob for lunch – fancy joining?
确实。我要和罗布一起吃午饭——要加入吗?
Great. Hopefully he will finally spill the beans about this mysterious new job.
好呀。希望他最后会泄露关于他神秘新工作的事情。
Ooh – to spill the beans – meaning to reveal your secrets.It’s often used when you share a secret you didn’t mean to share!
噢——泄露秘密——意思是透露你的秘密。通常用在你分享了一个并没有故意要分享的秘密时。
Another great phrase. So, what do you fancy for lunch?
这是另外一个很棒的短语。那你午餐想吃什么呢?
Well, it has to be a full English breakfast. With beans and… sausages!
嗯,必须是一份完整的英式早餐。还有豆子和……香肠!
But of course! Bye everyone!
当然!再见了各位!
Bye.
再见。
合集收藏
语音教学合集
新闻英语合集
歌曲合集
美文合集
觉得不错,一定点赞呢!!!