BBC地道英语|On the box 上演的电视节目
提示:点击↑上方"小芳老师"免费关注哦
Plates… OK. Spoons… all packed. That’s one box full. The kitchen is finished, Neil!
盘子……好了。勺子……全部打包好了。一个箱子满了。厨房收拾完了,尼尔!
All packed? Well done. Now let’s move on to the bedroom.
全打包好了?非常好!现在让我们去收拾卧室吧。
OK… I’m exhausted. In today’s The English We Speak, Neil and I are moving house, and there’s just so much packing to do. The house is full of cardboard boxes!
好吧……我已经精疲力尽了。在今天的地道英语里,尼尔和我要搬家,有太多东西需要打包了。屋子里全是纸箱!
I know, I know Feifei. Listen, let’s just finish this room and then we can sit down, relax and see what’s on the box.
我知道,我知道菲菲。听着,我们收拾好这间屋子,然后我们可以坐下来,放松一下,看看“箱子上有什么”。
Neil, the last thing I want to do is look at any more boxes! I need a break.
尼尔,我最不愿意做的事情就是再看箱子了!我需要休息一下。
Oh, of course. What I meant was: see what’s on TV! On the box’ is a slang expression meaning ’on TV’.
噢,当然。我的意思是:看有什么电视节目!“在电视上播出的节目”是一种俚语表达,意思就是“上演的电视节目”。
Ok, why didn’t you just say ’on TV’?! Anyway, let’s play some examples while we finish packing.
好,为什么你不直接说“上演的电视节目”呢?!总之,在打包完这些东西的同时,让我们来听几个例子吧。
Good idea.
好主意。
See anything good on the box last night?
昨晚看什么好的电视节目了吗?
Yeah! There was this great new series about spies.
对!有一部关于间谍的新连续剧很棒。
What are you up to tonight?
你今晚干嘛?
Not much, just gonna relax in front of the box.
没什么事,也就是看看电视节目放松一下。
Yes – you can also relax ’in front of the box’, which means in front of the television. And which reminds me, Feifei: where is the box, I mean, our TV?
是的,你也可以“在箱子前面”放松一下,也就是说在电视机前面。这也提醒我了,菲菲,箱子,哦,我是说,我们的电视机,在哪儿呢?
Oh, oh yes. I, err… packed it away already. But I don’t remember which box I put it in.
噢,噢对,我,呃……已经把它打包装好了。但我不记得把它放到那个箱子里了。
You mean the box, is in… a box?But we’ve packed 20 boxes already. Which one is it in?
你是说电视机在……箱子里?但我们已经打包了20个箱子了。电视机在哪个里面呢?
Sorry! Let’s just finish packing and then go out for dinner.
抱歉!我们还是打包完,然后出去吃晚饭吧。
Yes, I’ve had enough of these boxes too, bye.
好,我也已经受够这些箱子了,再见。
Bye!
再见!
往期听力
BBC地道英语|Down in the dumps 心情跌入谷底
BBC地道英语|Down in the dumps 心情跌入谷底
BBC地道英语|A busman‘s holiday 照常工作的节假日
BBC地道英语|Left, right, and centre 到处,四面八方
BBC地道英语|A sting in the tail 不愉快的结局
BBC地道英语 | To blow the cobwebs away 出去透透气
BBC地道英语|At the drop of a hat 毫不犹豫地
BBC地道英语|It comes with the territory 在所难免,理所当然